really_angry

Montreal Interview Progress

17 posts in this topic

Is there any reason to believe IR1/CR1 interviews for Montreal will finally begin speeding up?  Interview assignments have drastically slowed in July and August of this year.  Even if my interview is 3 or 4 months from now, I just want to know when it is.  The uncertainty drives you crazy.  And every time one attempts to call NVC, you get the response "there is no timeframe for interview assignment..."  It's much more likely that aliens from a distant galaxy will invade the planet than the NVC will give you a helpful response.  

On 10/4/2018 at 12:56 PM, HarryWL said:

Is it really that long? That’s slightly discouraging. 

It really slowed end of July.  For some end of July folks, it's taking like 97 days from Case Complete to the actual day of the interview, which is cruel and ridiculous.  I don't know why people are just sitting back and taking it.  I'm mad as Hell. 

1 minute ago, really_angry said:

It really slowed end of July.  For some end of July folks, it's taking like 97 days from Case Complete to the actual day of the interview, which is cruel and ridiculous.  I don't know why people are just sitting back and taking it.  I'm mad as Hell. 

Honestly I’ll probably just change it from Montreal over to London embassy. Just means I’ll have to do medical and interview in London, but the process seems to be 10 times smoother compared to Canada. 

Just now, HarryWL said:

Honestly I’ll probably just change it from Montreal over to London embassy. Just means I’ll have to do medical and interview in London, but the process seems to be 10 times smoother compared to Canada. 

Sounds like a wise decision!  My husband is an Indian citizen living in Canada, so we are in the process of switching his interview to Mumbai.  Best of luck to you!

Just now, really_angry said:

Sounds like a wise decision!  My husband is an Indian citizen living in Canada, so we are in the process of switching his interview to Mumbai.  Best of luck to you!

Best of luck to you too! We’ll get there in the end 😊

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/4/2018 at 10:23 AM, really_angry said:

Is there any reason to believe IR1/CR1 interviews for Montreal will finally begin speeding up?  Interview assignments have drastically slowed in July and August of this year.  Even if my interview is 3 or 4 months from now, I just want to know when it is.  The uncertainty drives you crazy.  And every time one attempts to call NVC, you get the response "there is no timeframe for interview assignment..."  It's much more likely that aliens from a distant galaxy will invade the planet than the NVC will give you a helpful response.  

It would be helpful to everyone here if you filled out your timeline...have you gotten your interview yet and if so, where? Good luck!!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/5/2018 at 9:46 PM, HarryWL said:

On 10/5/2018 at 9:48 PM, really_angry said:

Hi guys! I’m a French citizen living in Montreal and I’m very tempted to do what you’ve mentioned and switch to the Paris embassy for my interview to save time. Were you successful with the change? Do you need to be living there or is being a citizen enough? I can’t seem to find a reliable answer from USCIS. Thank you! :)

4 hours ago, Aurora194 said:

Hi guys! I’m a French citizen living in Montreal and I’m very tempted to do what you’ve mentioned and switch to the Paris embassy for my interview to save time. Were you successful with the change? Do you need to be living there or is being a citizen enough? I can’t seem to find a reliable answer from USCIS. Thank you! :)

Hello,

I changed my embassy to London and it was a pretty straight forward process. As you're a French citizen you can change it without any hassle, you'd just have to show them a copy of your passport when you email requesting the change. What stage are you currently at? 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Hello,

I changed my embassy to London and it was a pretty straight forward process. As you're a French citizen you can change it without any hassle, you'd just have to show them a copy of your passport when you email requesting the change. What stage are you currently at? 

Hello and thank you :) it really helps to hear from someone who did it. So you are living in Canada but managed to change regardless? May I ask what email address you sent your request to? Did it cause any delay?

We had sent a K1 petition in February but ended up getting married this summer and sent the petition for the CR1 in September. Probably 6 more months to wait before NOA2.

4 hours ago, Aurora194 said:

Hello!

Yes, we changed our embassy to Mumbai from Montreal.  We sent an inquiry to the online NVC inquiry form, and provided proof of my husband's legal status in India in the inquiry.  Within one week we were assigned a new case number for Mumbai.

However, we hit a hiccup.   A couple days after the transfer was complete (on October 15 2018) our case was put into administrative review at the NVC (our case was documentarily qualified September 21 2018).  I have no idea why.  They will not tell you why it is there, nor how long it will be there.  During that time, you cannot be assigned an interview date.  We were in administrative review for  one week.

Once we were out of administrative review, we received our interview date (December 14) a couple weeks later (on November 9).

Again, I have no idea why they put us in administrative review, and do not know if our request for embassy transfer was related to it.  My husband was denied a k-1 fiancé visa we applied for in 2014, so that may be the reason we were put into administrative review.  But, I will never know the real answer: I can only speculate.

I hope my experience sheds some light for you!  Best of luck!  Don't worry, you will eventually get done with this process and will be happy!  I know how miserable it is to endure this.  

1 hour ago, Aurora194 said:

Hello and thank you :) it really helps to hear from someone who did it. So you are living in Canada but managed to change regardless? May I ask what email address you sent your request to? Did it cause any delay?

We had sent a K1 petition in February but ended up getting married this summer and sent the petition for the CR1 in September. Probably 6 more months to wait before NOA2.

I requested to expedite/change embassy whilst I was living in Canada, but I'm now here in the UK and just had my embassy appointment. Not too sure which email you'll need to send to, because I requested the embassy change when I expedited, so different email. 

As you'll be waiting a while with USCIS, you could try contact USCIS and ask to change your embassy from Montreal to Paris? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, really_angry said:

Hello!

Yes, we changed our embassy to Mumbai from Montreal.  We sent an inquiry to the online NVC inquiry form, and provided proof of my husband's legal status in India in the inquiry.  Within one week we were assigned a new case number for Mumbai.

However, we hit a hiccup.   A couple days after the transfer was complete (on October 15 2018) our case was put into administrative review at the NVC (our case was documentarily qualified September 21 2018).  I have no idea why.  They will not tell you why it is there, nor how long it will be there.  During that time, you cannot be assigned an interview date.  We were in administrative review for  one week.

Once we were out of administrative review, we received our interview date (December 14) a couple weeks later (on November 9).

Again, I have no idea why they put us in administrative review, and do not know if our request for embassy transfer was related to it.  My husband was denied a k-1 fiancé visa we applied for in 2014, so that may be the reason we were put into administrative review.  But, I will never know the real answer: I can only speculate.

I hope my experience sheds some light for you!  Best of luck!  Don't worry, you will eventually get done with this process and will be happy!  I know how miserable it is to endure this.  

Thanks for taking the time to respond and explain :) it does help a lot. Just to be sure, by "legal status" you mean a proof of citizenship, like a copy of his passport?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

I requested to expedite/change embassy whilst I was living in Canada, but I'm now here in the UK and just had my embassy appointment. Not too sure which email you'll need to send to, because I requested the embassy change when I expedited, so different email. 

As you'll be waiting a while with USCIS, you could try contact USCIS and ask to change your embassy from Montreal to Paris? 

I see! Did you simply send a proof of your British citizenship to request it? Did you say why or simply ask for it?

6 minutes ago, Aurora194 said:

I see! Did you simply send a proof of your British citizenship to request it? Did you say why or simply ask for it?

Yeah I send a copy of my passport as an attachment within the email. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.