Jump to content
really_angry

Montreal Interview Progress

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Is there any reason to believe IR1/CR1 interviews for Montreal will finally begin speeding up?  Interview assignments have drastically slowed in July and August of this year.  Even if my interview is 3 or 4 months from now, I just want to know when it is.  The uncertainty drives you crazy.  And every time one attempts to call NVC, you get the response "there is no timeframe for interview assignment..."  It's much more likely that aliens from a distant galaxy will invade the planet than the NVC will give you a helpful response.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 12:56 PM, HarryWL said:

Is it really that long? That’s slightly discouraging. 

It really slowed end of July.  For some end of July folks, it's taking like 97 days from Case Complete to the actual day of the interview, which is cruel and ridiculous.  I don't know why people are just sitting back and taking it.  I'm mad as Hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, really_angry said:

It really slowed end of July.  For some end of July folks, it's taking like 97 days from Case Complete to the actual day of the interview, which is cruel and ridiculous.  I don't know why people are just sitting back and taking it.  I'm mad as Hell. 

 

Honestly I’ll probably just change it from Montreal over to London embassy. Just means I’ll have to do medical and interview in London, but the process seems to be 10 times smoother compared to Canada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarryWL said:

 

Honestly I’ll probably just change it from Montreal over to London embassy. Just means I’ll have to do medical and interview in London, but the process seems to be 10 times smoother compared to Canada. 

Sounds like a wise decision!  My husband is an Indian citizen living in Canada, so we are in the process of switching his interview to Mumbai.  Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, really_angry said:

Sounds like a wise decision!  My husband is an Indian citizen living in Canada, so we are in the process of switching his interview to Mumbai.  Best of luck to you!

 

Best of luck to you too! We’ll get there in the end 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 10:23 AM, really_angry said:

Is there any reason to believe IR1/CR1 interviews for Montreal will finally begin speeding up?  Interview assignments have drastically slowed in July and August of this year.  Even if my interview is 3 or 4 months from now, I just want to know when it is.  The uncertainty drives you crazy.  And every time one attempts to call NVC, you get the response "there is no timeframe for interview assignment..."  It's much more likely that aliens from a distant galaxy will invade the planet than the NVC will give you a helpful response.  

It would be helpful to everyone here if you filled out your timeline...have you gotten your interview yet and if so, where? Good luck!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 9:46 PM, HarryWL said:

 

Honestly I’ll probably just change it from Montreal over to London embassy. Just means I’ll have to do medical and interview in London, but the process seems to be 10 times smoother compared to Canada. 

 

On 10/5/2018 at 9:48 PM, really_angry said:

Sounds like a wise decision!  My husband is an Indian citizen living in Canada, so we are in the process of switching his interview to Mumbai.  Best of luck to you!

Hi guys! I’m a French citizen living in Montreal and I’m very tempted to do what you’ve mentioned and switch to the Paris embassy for my interview to save time. Were you successful with the change? Do you need to be living there or is being a citizen enough? I can’t seem to find a reliable answer from USCIS. Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aurora194 said:

 

Hi guys! I’m a French citizen living in Montreal and I’m very tempted to do what you’ve mentioned and switch to the Paris embassy for my interview to save time. Were you successful with the change? Do you need to be living there or is being a citizen enough? I can’t seem to find a reliable answer from USCIS. Thank you! :)

 

Hello,

 

I changed my embassy to London and it was a pretty straight forward process. As you're a French citizen you can change it without any hassle, you'd just have to show them a copy of your passport when you email requesting the change. What stage are you currently at? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

 

Hello,

 

I changed my embassy to London and it was a pretty straight forward process. As you're a French citizen you can change it without any hassle, you'd just have to show them a copy of your passport when you email requesting the change. What stage are you currently at? 

 

 

Hello and thank you :) it really helps to hear from someone who did it. So you are living in Canada but managed to change regardless? May I ask what email address you sent your request to? Did it cause any delay?

We had sent a K1 petition in February but ended up getting married this summer and sent the petition for the CR1 in September. Probably 6 more months to wait before NOA2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aurora194 said:

 

Hi guys! I’m a French citizen living in Montreal and I’m very tempted to do what you’ve mentioned and switch to the Paris embassy for my interview to save time. Were you successful with the change? Do you need to be living there or is being a citizen enough? I can’t seem to find a reliable answer from USCIS. Thank you! :)

Hello!

 

Yes, we changed our embassy to Mumbai from Montreal.  We sent an inquiry to the online NVC inquiry form, and provided proof of my husband's legal status in India in the inquiry.  Within one week we were assigned a new case number for Mumbai.

 

However, we hit a hiccup.   A couple days after the transfer was complete (on October 15 2018) our case was put into administrative review at the NVC (our case was documentarily qualified September 21 2018).  I have no idea why.  They will not tell you why it is there, nor how long it will be there.  During that time, you cannot be assigned an interview date.  We were in administrative review for  one week.

 

Once we were out of administrative review, we received our interview date (December 14) a couple weeks later (on November 9).

 

Again, I have no idea why they put us in administrative review, and do not know if our request for embassy transfer was related to it.  My husband was denied a k-1 fiancé visa we applied for in 2014, so that may be the reason we were put into administrative review.  But, I will never know the real answer: I can only speculate.

 

I hope my experience sheds some light for you!  Best of luck!  Don't worry, you will eventually get done with this process and will be happy!  I know how miserable it is to endure this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aurora194 said:

Hello and thank you :) it really helps to hear from someone who did it. So you are living in Canada but managed to change regardless? May I ask what email address you sent your request to? Did it cause any delay?

We had sent a K1 petition in February but ended up getting married this summer and sent the petition for the CR1 in September. Probably 6 more months to wait before NOA2.

 

I requested to expedite/change embassy whilst I was living in Canada, but I'm now here in the UK and just had my embassy appointment. Not too sure which email you'll need to send to, because I requested the embassy change when I expedited, so different email. 

 

As you'll be waiting a while with USCIS, you could try contact USCIS and ask to change your embassy from Montreal to Paris? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, really_angry said:

Hello!

 

Yes, we changed our embassy to Mumbai from Montreal.  We sent an inquiry to the online NVC inquiry form, and provided proof of my husband's legal status in India in the inquiry.  Within one week we were assigned a new case number for Mumbai.

 

However, we hit a hiccup.   A couple days after the transfer was complete (on October 15 2018) our case was put into administrative review at the NVC (our case was documentarily qualified September 21 2018).  I have no idea why.  They will not tell you why it is there, nor how long it will be there.  During that time, you cannot be assigned an interview date.  We were in administrative review for  one week.

 

Once we were out of administrative review, we received our interview date (December 14) a couple weeks later (on November 9).

 

Again, I have no idea why they put us in administrative review, and do not know if our request for embassy transfer was related to it.  My husband was denied a k-1 fiancé visa we applied for in 2014, so that may be the reason we were put into administrative review.  But, I will never know the real answer: I can only speculate.

 

I hope my experience sheds some light for you!  Best of luck!  Don't worry, you will eventually get done with this process and will be happy!  I know how miserable it is to endure this.  

Thanks for taking the time to respond and explain :) it does help a lot. Just to be sure, by "legal status" you mean a proof of citizenship, like a copy of his passport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

 

I requested to expedite/change embassy whilst I was living in Canada, but I'm now here in the UK and just had my embassy appointment. Not too sure which email you'll need to send to, because I requested the embassy change when I expedited, so different email. 

 

As you'll be waiting a while with USCIS, you could try contact USCIS and ask to change your embassy from Montreal to Paris? 

I see! Did you simply send a proof of your British citizenship to request it? Did you say why or simply ask for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×