4 posts in this topic

Hey guys! My immigrant visa has finally been issued!!

let me give you guys a timeline on how everything went..

interview date: August 27th 2018. I showed up to my interview and it was literally like 1-2-3. It was in and out. The officer asked me 2 questions and she then congratulated me and told me I was approved. Yay!

August 28th 2018 I received a call from the embassy. They asked me if I could make it back there for another interview? I said ,yes!

2nd interview: August 31st 2018. I showed up and they handed me monster ( white paper 221g) I immediately began to panic.. I started sweating bullets. It’s was awful!  The 221g was for more documents. I went and got those documents and mailed them to the embassy on September 6th. They received and started working on my case on the 7th of September. Great! Exactly 2 weeks from the 7th,I checked my status on cea and it said Adm processing. It stayed there for about a week. Then it changed to “Ready” and stayed there for 4 days then changed back to Adm processing and then FINALLY changed to “issued” a day later,which is October 3rd 2018.

guys,please don’t be scared when your case goes into “adm processing” it’s a procedure that everyone goes through. Much love to you all! Now let me pack up and fly back to states to be with my family. It’s a long journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congrats on finally getting your visa issued!

Thank you for sharing your story and for your encouraging words. My fiancé also received a 221g & we’re going through AP in Haiti. We’re gathering their requested documents to send soon so we can hopefully get our case worked on as soon as possible since the CO didn’t give my fiancé an answer right after the interview. So we’re hoping for a positive response at the end.

Safe travels back to the states! 

12 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

Thank you for sharing your story and for your encouraging words. My fiancé also received a 221g & we’re going through AP in Haiti. We’re gathering their requested documents to send soon so we can hopefully get our case worked on as soon as possible since the CO didn’t give my fiancé an answer right after the interview. So we’re hoping for a positive response at the end.

Thanks! Please, don’t panic like I did. I knew nothing about how the process worked,so it killed me. Adm processing is normal! Especially when you receive that monster (221g) “adm processing” could mean anything. Just relax and be patient. Patience is the key to this process. Have a good day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

Its always a good sign when the keep your fiancee's passport and documents.  We got a 221g as well and I had to fly to Jamaica as the embassy said we needed a second interview with me present!  We got through that time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.