REYHAN

2018 Received an email from NVC, what's next?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, here I am again. So here is my concern.

This morning I received an email from NVC (PLEASE SEE EMAIL BELOW). I have checked the status on ceac.state.gov and it says that our case is still "In Transit".

I called USEM and I was advised to wait for the next email stating that I can already set up an appointment for an interview.

Once the status is already "Ready" in the ceac.state.gov and we don't get the letter or email from NVC or USEM.

Should I go ahead and just get a screenshot of this and bring it to the interview along with this email that I received today?

Are these letters required to be brought in the interview?

Or should I just wait for the NVC confirmation letter or USEM letter?

I read a lot of people stating that the letter from NVC or USEM did not come.

Just worried and I want to start whatever I can do from here on to avoid delays.

Thank you. Sorry for asking lots of questions. I've bee anxious about the process. Hehehe. Peace!

Dear ********,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy
or Consulate in Manila, Philippines. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The
U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her
petition.

Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa
interview.

Please keep the following information for your records:
Case Number: MNL**********
USCIS Receipt Number *************
Principal Applicant: ******** *****
Petitioner: ****** ***** *******
Interview Location: Manila, Philippines
Post Address:

U.S. Embassy
1201 Roxas Boulevard
Manila
Philippines

Thank you for your patience in the immigrant visa process.
Sincerely,
U.S. Department of State
National Visa Center

Hi good day i don't know much about how things are done in your country nor am i an expert but just to give my advise, the email has given you a clear outline of what is to be done next with the exception of scheduling your medical exam, which you should be able to do now, but i don't know if your the petitioner asking for the advice to pass on to your fiance, i would advise that you take this time before the letter comes in the mail to get your medical done, request your police certificate and affidavit of support documents, but still i believe that the interview date and confirmation number is needed in some countries for the medical exam together with passport size photos so those are just some of the things that you can look into while you wait. good luck to you.

Timeline

HI Reyhan! I suggest to wait for the email from the embassy. I know 4 people went to the embassy without it and they were asked to reschedule their interview. Just make sure you have a week (or 2 weeks) allowance from "Case Ready" to interview date. 

Edited by IandM1123

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

Timeline
On 10/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, IandM1123 said:

HI Reyhan! I suggest to wait for the email from the embassy. I know 4 people went to the embassy without it and they were asked to reschedule their interview. Just make sure you have a week (or 2 weeks) allowance from "Case Ready" to interview date. 

I also read it from a Facebook group that the NVC letter/ eligibility letter (not sure what it really is) like the actual letter they will mail to the fiance in the Philippines, is required at the interview and were to asked to resched if they were not able to present this and that you cant set the interview or pay the fee until the status is Ready. Is this just for CR1? Or for a certain type of visa? Is this a new policy implemented? I dont find it on the official website yet but people were talking about it in Facebook lol

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Feb 15, 2019   : Sent I-485 together with I-131 and I- 765

Jan 28, 2019   : Got married at the courthouse

Nov 15, 2018  :  Entered the USA

K1 JOURNEY

Nov 07, 2018   :  At 12nn, received Visa via door to door delivery

Nov 06, 2018   :  Out for delivery. Received email and text notification.

Nov 02, 2018   :  Called office and status changed to Issued

Oct 18, 2018    Status changed to Ready

Oct 16, 2018    :   NVC Left  ( Status is In Transit)

Oct 4&5, 2018 :   Completed medical at St. Lukes Medical Center

Oct 01,  2018   :   Paid visa fee at BPI, Filled DS-160, Registered online for St. Lukes medical

Sep 28, 2018   :   NVC case number over the phone

Sep 26, 2018   :   NVC received case (13 days from NOA2)

Sep 17, 2018   :   NOA2 hard copy received

Sep 13, 2018   :   NOA2 via email notification (192 days from NOA1)

Mar 08, 2018   :   NOA1 new website (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/)

Mar 05, 2018   :   NOA1 old website (https://egov.uscis.gov)

Mar 01, 2018   :   I-129F Packet sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.