Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Do not change name until you get citizenship. Changing one's name can be very difficult because of financial, security, and legal concerns (unless it is a minor change - marriage, etc.). Your state laws will dictate the process, but it will include a court approving any change of name.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 6:22 PM, dannyphan91 said:

Hello everyone!!!

I’ll start fill my N-400 this month and I want to change my name. Will the procress take longer??? Should I change my name?

Thank you so much.

Yes, go ahead and change your name, it's the best time to change your name for no additional fees or hassles. The process will not take longer, it's gonna be the same.

If you choose to change the name after getting your citizenship, it will be a long journey to get it done, plus the fees according to your state.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.