N400 interview cancel at the same day

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Applied for N400  April 29   Based in 5 years residents 

Biometric in may 

Aug 27 the Interview scheduled at October 01

My interview was supposed to be yesterday (October first), the receptionist took the  letter of interview and she ask me to wait till they call me ,

After 30 minutes the receptionist call me again and she ask me “ sir why you are here today ?”  The question surprised me 😮      She already have the letter in her hand,         I answer I’am here for the interview     She ask again what kind of interview !   And i told here the citizenship interview   She ask did you received any letter about interview cancellations or changing the date of it ?   I said no 

Did you change your address ?    I said no          She said ok just set down and we will call you 

After almost 20 minutes she call me and she said    We are so sorry We do not have enough staff today and we are overbooked 😯😯 so you can not get your interview today  and we will send a letter for you with the new appointment 

I tried to ask here how is that happening   The interview was scheduled since 2 month ago    But she said the same thing .

I feel this is not the truth  and there are something else happened   

The statues of the case in the website is the same   Nothing  changes  I feel a disappointment  and i do not know what i can do 

Any one have ideas 💡 

Notes (events happened after i applied): 

• My wife Died  after I applied the form    And i uploaded the Death certificate to USCIS account 
  • There's a problem that happened to me since three months because DCF but i got dismissed from the court and i also uploaded the dismissed certificate  to uscis (before the interview by four days)
  • I got married again (certificate uploaded) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That kind of sucks.  I guess your only options are to wait for the re-schedule notice, or try for an Infopass appointment to see if there is anything else there. 

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.