10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Hello Vj’rs!! 

I have a quick question. My two K2 children have their interview scheduled for AOS. Just to plan ahead, what documents should I bring to the interview besides

-Birth certificate 

-Passport

-I-94

....anything else one might advise? Also if you went through this, what questions to expect?

thank you all

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I will be attending two K2 interview in the coming months.  I have packets for each of my two K2 children.  One will interview with her mother and I this month, the other will arrive in the U.S. in January.  Their packets are similar to the packet I have for my wife.  Each K2 will have their own I-864 and tax return/transcripts.  I have notarized copies of my marriage certificate (to their mother), birth certificate, and divorce decree for each child.  I included school records (showing her name at our address) and health insurance records (health card with her name, doctor's appointment bill).  My step daughter did not get a flu shot before coming to the U.S., so we are bring updated vaccination records from her doctor.

I also have photos of me, my wife, and children to show that we are living together happily as a family.  Basically, I have everything the interview letter recommends bringing for the K1, plus "evidence of relationship" documents.  It's a lot of paper, but I would rather bring it and not need it than wish I had brought it after the interview.

All this is in addition to the documents you mentioned . . . passport, birth certificate, and I-94.  If you applied for and received advance parole and ead for your K2, you should bring those as well. 

Good Luck!

Jason

Timeline
1 hour ago, JasonGG said:

I will be attending two K2 interview in the coming months.  I have packets for each of my two K2 children.  One will interview with her mother and I this month, the other will arrive in the U.S. in January.  Their packets are similar to the packet I have for my wife.  Each K2 will have their own I-864 and tax return/transcripts.  I have notarized copies of my marriage certificate (to their mother), birth certificate, and divorce decree for each child.  I included school records (showing her name at our address) and health insurance records (health card with her name, doctor's appointment bill).  My step daughter did not get a flu shot before coming to the U.S., so we are bring updated vaccination records from her doctor.

I also have photos of me, my wife, and children to show that we are living together happily as a family.  Basically, I have everything the interview letter recommends bringing for the K1, plus "evidence of relationship" documents.  It's a lot of paper, but I would rather bring it and not need it than wish I had brought it after the interview.

All this is in addition to the documents you mentioned . . . passport, birth certificate, and I-94.  If you applied for and received advance parole and ead for your K2, you should bring those as well. 

Good Luck!

Jason

Thank you Jason for your reply! Yes I think I’ll do the same, pictures, school reports, doctors and insurance bill... and all that. 

ROC Journey

Timeline

I’ve received the the appointment letter today which is exactly one month from now and I’m freaking out. They’re asking for the medical exam form which I didn’t submit since they had K1 visa (done abroad)...did you do that?

ROC Journey

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nin&Way said:

I’ve received the the appointment letter today which is exactly one month from now and I’m freaking out. They’re asking for the medical exam form which I didn’t submit since they had K1 visa (done abroad)...did you do that?

Are you referring to the 2nd bullet under "YOU MUST BRING..." in the appointment letter?  If yes, then the "unless already submitted" applies to you.  For k1/k2, the medical exam was submitted at the port of entry. It was in the sealed envelope. 🙂

We will bring copies of the vaccine reports (ds3025) and new vaccine paperwork from our family doctor...my wife and daughter got their flu shots last week because they weren't available in Vietnam. 

Jason

Timeline
On 10/6/2018 at 8:10 PM, JasonGG said:

Are you referring to the 2nd bullet under "YOU MUST BRING..." in the appointment letter?  If yes, then the "unless already submitted" applies to you.  For k1/k2, the medical exam was submitted at the port of entry. It was in the sealed envelope. 🙂

We will bring copies of the vaccine reports (ds3025) and new vaccine paperwork from our family doctor...my wife and daughter got their flu shots last week because they weren't available in Vietnam. 

Jason

Hi Jason , yes i was referring to that. Because i heard some people saying that they're still asked for that medical form even though it was already submitted.

ROC Journey

Timeline

Although some K!/K2s have been asked to get another exam and submit a new I-693, the USCIS specifically states that as long as you apply for AOS within 1 year of you initial exam, you don't need another.  Again, some people are still told to get another, but from what I have read on VJ, most people recommend only getting another if required. 

The "unless already submitted" portion of your letter still applies to you as long as AOS applications were sent within 1 year of their initial exams.

Jason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@Nin&WayWe went through this about 2 years ago. We did bring almost the same stuff as @JasonGG mentioned above. The interview went well for us. The IO did say out right that the kids were being interviewed to understand why we didn't file them together with my wife's initial filing. We told them that it had to do with $$$.  The only documents they asked to see was their Passport,AP/EAD Combo card, Birth Certificate and wife's passport and Birth Certificate to establish relationship. They did ask the kids who their parents were, and how everyone was related. After that, it was a basic question out of the I-485 form. Kids were approved on the spot. What was even great was that, they were suppose to only get approved for the 2 year conditional GC. On my way home, I received a private number call which I didn't pick up. The IO left us a vm letting us know that she approved the kids a 10 year GC vs the 2 year GC. We were of course static about it as its one less filing we have to do. 

I wish you good luck on the interview. 

ROC:

Filed: 2/22/17

VSC Received: 2/26/17

Check Cashed: 3/12/17

NOA1: 3/15/17

Timeline

Ohh wow!! What an excellent news 10 years over 2!! That’s relieving! Lol. I had another worry about the medical form. It was already submitted in their k2 package and the package was submitted in April. I read that it’s valid for 1 year from the date they receive the application. I hope we’re okay on that side. 

ROC Journey

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 9:59 AM, Nin&Way said:

Ohh wow!! What an excellent news 10 years over 2!! That’s relieving! Lol. I had another worry about the medical form. It was already submitted in their k2 package and the package was submitted in April. I read that it’s valid for 1 year from the date they receive the application. I hope we’re okay on that side. 

That's correct, the medical is only valid for 1 year. At least from our experience because we had to do them twice for our kids. Good Luck

ROC:

Filed: 2/22/17

VSC Received: 2/26/17

Check Cashed: 3/12/17

NOA1: 3/15/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.