darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 12:08 PM, KN2018 said:

Ok October people, this could be our week! According to the last few months trends, we could find out our interview dates in January. 

@Alyssamac90 CC 9/21- Hoping you'll get yours soon!

@BChance CC 9/26 - Interview January 14th - Congrats!

October Filers - Case Close Dates

@LaurenJSchafer CC 10/01

@LLabout CC 10/10

@KN2018 CC 10/17

@MissMyHusband CC 10/17

@Nonmart CC 10/17

@Sonata Arctica CC 10/17

@Invisigoth CC 10/17

Sorry if I have missed people. I haven't been keeping track for a few weeks. Feel free to reply and add to the list so we can keep an accurate tally.

@Poppyseed, this is the list of all the people who are waiting to receive an interview next. Your date is very close to mine! I haven’t received an interview date yet but someone who has a Case complete date of sept 26th already has a date. Your interview will likely be within the first few weeks of January, and based on other months and how things have been scheduled, you should hear this week or next what that date is. Feel free to send me a message if anything else is confusing!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Poppyseed said:

Hello. I just found this forum now. Not sure why I didn't think to look for something like this sooner. 

I'm feeling very lost. My case closed date is September 25. I think? Is that the date I received an email saying I was ready for interview? I have not received an interview date yet. This was the last correspondence I recieved. Am I waiting for something else before I get a date? 

I noticed someone mentioned their priority date changing to current. Mine has not changed. Is that something that needs to happen before I get an interview? 

Hello! Just tagged you in the post before this one.

i don’t know what it means to have your priority date changed. That hasn’t happened for me and I haven’t heard about it much. Maybe for a different type of visa? What type of visa are you applying for?

10 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Hello! Just tagged you in the post before this one.

i don’t know what it means to have your priority date changed. That hasn’t happened for me and I haven’t heard about it much. Maybe for a different type of visa? What type of visa are you applying for?

Thank you so much for replying. I just always think I'm doing something wrong because our laywer never keeps us informed about anything and often misses paperwork. I have a CR1 visa. The last I heard was that it could take several months from now to get a date so finding out it might be so soon is very comforting. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Poppyseed said:

Thank you so much for replying. I just always think I'm doing something wrong because our laywer never keeps us informed about anything and often misses paperwork. I have a CR1 visa. The last I heard was that it could take several months from now to get a date so finding out it might be so soon is very comforting. 

That’s the visa I’m applying for too (the people on this forum are split between that one and the K1 mostly).

Yes I would hate to give you false hope, but the fact that @BChance has an interview date of January 14th and her CC date was just a day different than yours is a good sign! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alyssamac90 said:

That’s the visa I’m applying for too (the people on this forum are split between that one and the K1 mostly).

Yes I would hate to give you false hope, but the fact that @BChance has an interview date of January 14th and her CC date was just a day different than yours is a good sign! 

Hang in there people. Probably this Friday there will be more dates handed out. I’m praying for you all...

2 hours ago, Poppyseed said:

Hi Poppyseed, we were in the same position - applying for CR-1 and relying too much on our lawyer who kept saying “don’t worry everything will be fine you don’t have to do anything” which we since came to learn was dead wrong!!

We found Visa Journey to be sooo helpful and basically the reason we have a fighting chance through the process. Definitely feel free to message me if you have any questions! 

Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 5:12 PM, Alyssamac90 said:

Thanks! Yeah it’s weird, I still haven’t heard anything and I called NVC today and they said no interview is booked yet for me. Hopefully later this week! I’ll definitely post when I hear.

Received Interview notification by Friday November 9th

aug                             CC SEPT  4- Interview  Mon  Dec 10

MC1                            CC SEPT  6- Interview Thur Dec 13

Loois                           CC Sept 10- Interview   Fri    Dec 14

Radnuts14                 CC Sept 11- Interview  Tues Dec 18 (but they are rescheduling)

msdupuis                   CC Sept 11- Interview  Thur Dec 20

modality89                 CC Sept 12- Interview  Thur Dec 20

Sh.0911.CANtoUS    CC Sept 11- Interview Thur Dec 20

SKB2017                    CC Sept 13- Interview   Fri   Dec 21

BChance                    CC Sept 26 – FRI INTERVIEW JANUARY 14TH

STILL WAITING as of November 9th

Alyssamac90             CC Sept 21 -  still waiting

tbrown2691                CC Sept 27  - still waiting

**darth vader CC Oct 23 MOVED INTERVIEW TO INDIA

OCTOBER CC

LaurenJSchafer          CC 10/01

LLabout                       CC 10/10

KN2018                       CC 10/17

MissMyHusband         CC 10/17

Nonmart                      CC 10/17

Sonata Arctica            CC 10/17

Invisigoth                     CC 10/17

Timeline
On 12/5/2018 at 3:19 AM, Poppyseed said:

Hello. I just found this forum now. Not sure why I didn't think to look for something like this sooner. 

I'm feeling very lost. My case closed date is September 25. I think? Is that the date I received an email saying I was ready for interview? I have not received an interview date yet. This was the last correspondence I recieved. Am I waiting for something else before I get a date? 

I noticed someone mentioned their priority date changing to current. Mine has not changed. Is that something that needs to happen before I get an interview? 

Just now, MissMyHusband said:

On 12/5/2018 at 11:30 AM, Loois said:

Hi Poppyseed, we were in the same position - applying for CR-1 and relying too much on our lawyer who kept saying “don’t worry everything will be fine you don’t have to do anything” which we since came to learn was dead wrong!!

We found Visa Journey to be sooo helpful and basically the reason we have a fighting chance through the process. Definitely feel free to message me if you have any questions! 

Hi Poppyseed. Are you in Canada? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MissMyHusband said:

Received Interview notification by Friday November 9th

aug                             CC SEPT  4- Interview  Mon  Dec 10

MC1                            CC SEPT  6- Interview Thur Dec 13

Loois                           CC Sept 10- Interview   Fri    Dec 14

Radnuts14                 CC Sept 11- Interview  Tues Dec 18 (but they are rescheduling)

msdupuis                   CC Sept 11- Interview  Thur Dec 20

modality89                 CC Sept 12- Interview  Thur Dec 20

Sh.0911.CANtoUS    CC Sept 11- Interview Thur Dec 20

SKB2017                    CC Sept 13- Interview   Fri   Dec 21

BChance                    CC Sept 26 – FRI INTERVIEW JANUARY 14TH

STILL WATING as of November 9th

Alyssamac90             CC Sept 21 -  still waiting

tbrown2691                CC Sept 27  - still waiting

OCTOBER CC

LaurenJSchafer          CC 10/01

Dunky                          CC 10/05

LLabout                       CC 10/10

KN2018                       CC 10/17

MissMyHusband         CC 10/17

Nonmart                      CC 10/17

Sonata Arctica            CC 10/17

Invisigoth                     CC 10/17

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pinkyone19 said:

Where you get these interview notifications? Mines November 1st my cc

I started following as many people in my region (Canada) as possible. Then I kept ready the forums. A few of us started keeping a list and posting and adding to it. You will find that some people do not fill out their timeline also. Good luck for your interview...probably Feb. 

1 minute ago, MissMyHusband said:

I started following as many people in my region (Canada) as possible. Then I kept ready the forums. A few of us started keeping a list and posting and adding to it. You will find that some people do not fill out their timeline also. Good luck for your interview...probably Feb. 

Thanks you also. God Bless. 😀

Timeline

Got my interview date!!!! January 11th at 7:30 a.m. , cc date sept 21st.

Could anyone who has an interview in December do me a huge favor and ask if they ever make a special exception to let someone pick up a passport instead of waiting in the mail? I have a trip overseas booked, and the last possible date I could get my passport is the 16th... which seems impossible if I had to wait for it in the mail, although I’m in Ottawa just two hours from Montreal so it wouldn’t need to go very far. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.