darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

Just now, Bfrank2me said:

Well, to me it came off as rude. You’re asking when your interview is going to be. All the current stats are showing 90 days from case complete. Yours should be in February despite how much we all wish the State Départment will have the resources to make it sooner. I’m short fused right now because I was supposed to be able to pick my visa up in Montreal yet they’ve put it in the basket for CPC and now I’m at the mercy of those work averse union plugs as to whether or not I get to see my Granddaughter this Christmas for the second year in a row. It’s all a matter of perspective.

Im very sorry about your situation i hope all the best happens soon for you and God Bless!!

1 minute ago, Alyssamac90 said:

It’s all good @Pinkyone19. Yeah things are slow and the wait is long! Based on the trends I’ve seen, I’d say you’ll be in late Feb at the earliest, maybe not till March. I thought my interview was going to be in December and now I know it’s  not so it really is hard to predict. 

You will get there very soon we all will! GodBless!!

I know some people had questions on what's required to pick up their passports through home delivery, I just received my tracking number and found this:

Courier-Return Service

All relevant Visa documents will be returned using the selected service (i.e. pick up at point-of-service location or delivery address).

Note: Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. Information regarding how long the U.S. Consular Section adjudication process cannot be provided by this service. Once the U.S. Consular Section turns over the Visa documents to the courier, it takes up to 3 business days for the documents to be ready for pick up or delivery.

Document Return Service using a Pick Up Location

Applicants are notified by email when visa documents are ready for pick-up at Canada Post Office. The courier will only release the parcel to an adult.

1. Applicants retrieving their personal documents must present:
    • Proof of address
    • Proof of identity with any of the following forms of documentation:
    • Shipment tracking number (available on this site or in the email confirming shipment)
  2. Applicants may authorize a third party to retrieve their documents.
    • At the time of scheduling the appointment, the applicant must provide the name and address of the authorized person.
    • At the time of pick up, the authorized person must identify themselves with the documents listed in item #1 above.

Any passports not retrieved within 15 days will be returned to the originating Consular Section.

Home or Office Delivery Service within Canada

After booking their appointment on this website, applicants may purchase an optional service to have their documents delivered to an address within Canada.

1. The Courier will attempt to deliver your package up to 1 time to the requested address. When delivering to a home address, the courier will only release the parcel to an adult who is willing to sign for the documents.
  2. When delivering to a business address, the courier will release the parcel to the personnel authorized to sign for packages.
  3. If the Courier is unable to make a successful delivery, a Delivery Notice Card will be left in the addressee’s mail receptacle indicating that the documents can be picked up at the closest designated Canada Post office. To recover your documents, please refer to the section above Document Return Service using a Pick Up Location.

Any passports not retrieved within 15 days will be returned to the originating Consular Section.

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok October people, this could be our week! According to the last few months trends, we could find out our interview dates in January. 

@Alyssamac90 CC 9/21- Hoping you'll get yours soon!

@BChance CC 9/26 - Interview January 14th - Congrats!

October Filers - Case Close Dates

@LaurenJSchafer CC 10/01

@LLabout CC 10/10

@KN2018 CC 10/17

@MissMyHusband CC 10/17

@Nonmart CC 10/17

@Sonata Arctica CC 10/17

@Invisigoth CC 10/17

Sorry if I have missed people. I haven't been keeping track for a few weeks. Feel free to reply and add to the list so we can keep an accurate tally.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, arellah said:

I know some people had questions on what's required to pick up their passports through home delivery, I just received my tracking number and found this:

Courier-Return Service

All relevant Visa documents will be returned using the selected service (i.e. pick up at point-of-service location or delivery address).

Note: Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. Information regarding how long the U.S. Consular Section adjudication process cannot be provided by this service. Once the U.S. Consular Section turns over the Visa documents to the courier, it takes up to 3 business days for the documents to be ready for pick up or delivery.

Document Return Service using a Pick Up Location

Applicants are notified by email when visa documents are ready for pick-up at Canada Post Office. The courier will only release the parcel to an adult.

1. Applicants retrieving their personal documents must present:
    • Proof of address
    • Proof of identity with any of the following forms of documentation:
    • Shipment tracking number (available on this site or in the email confirming shipment)
  2. Applicants may authorize a third party to retrieve their documents.
    • At the time of scheduling the appointment, the applicant must provide the name and address of the authorized person.
    • At the time of pick up, the authorized person must identify themselves with the documents listed in item #1 above.

Home or Office Delivery Service within Canada

After booking their appointment on this website, applicants may purchase an optional service to have their documents delivered to an address within Canada.

1. The Courier will attempt to deliver your package up to 1 time to the requested address. When delivering to a home address, the courier will only release the parcel to an adult who is willing to sign for the documents.
  2. When delivering to a business address, the courier will release the parcel to the personnel authorized to sign for packages.
  3. If the Courier is unable to make a successful delivery, a Delivery Notice Card will be left in the addressee’s mail receptacle indicating that the documents can be picked up at the closest designated Canada Post office. To recover your documents, please refer to the section above Document Return Service using a Pick Up Location.

Congrats on getting tracking number. Keep us posted as to how it goes please! 

1 hour ago, KN2018 said:

Ok October people, this could be our week! According to the last few months trends, we could find out our interview dates in January. 

@LaurenJSchafer CC 10/01

@LLabout CC 10/10

@KN2018 CC 10/17

@MissMyHusband CC 10/17

@Nonmart CC 10/17

@Sonata Arctica CC 10/17

@Invisigoth CC 10/17

Sorry if I have missed people. I haven't been keeping track for a few weeks. Feel free to reply and add to the list so we can keep an accurate tally.

I hope and pray scheduling will happen this week for all of us.

Timeline
5 hours ago, KN2018 said:

@LaurenJSchafer CC 10/01

@LLabout CC 10/10

@KN2018 CC 10/17

@MissMyHusband CC 10/17

@Nonmart CC 10/17

@Sonata Arctica CC 10/17

@Invisigoth CC 10/17

Thanks! Yeah it’s weird, I still haven’t heard anything and I called NVC today and they said no interview is booked yet for me. Hopefully later this week! I’ll definitely post when I hear.

Timeline

Posted this in another thread but here’s my experience with Canadapost:

———————————————————————————

Hey everyone!

update on my canadapost experience.

i got the tracking number yesterday morning by email. I called the Canadapost customer service line and told them that it was my passport. They flagged it as an important document (apparently they have a procedure for it). I received it today in the Vancouver area around 12:30 PM Pacific Time.

The phone Number I called was 1-866-607-6301. I don’t remember the menu options but it was pretty self explanatory.

Hope that helps someone and you all get your passports soon!

Consulate - Montreal, Canada

• I-130 sent - 2018-01-10
  • I-130 NOA1 - 2018-01-17
  • I-130 approved - 2018-06-23
  • NVC received - 2018-07-16
  • Received AOS + IV Invoices - 2018-08-08
  • Paid IV fee - 2018-08-08
  • Paid AOS fee - 2018-08-08
  • All submitted to NVC - 2018-08-11
  • Case Complete - 2018-08-23
  • Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline

Hate to double post, but I crossed into the USA on my CR1 visa tonight. Everything went well and I am officially a permanent resident of the United States. Best of luck to you all ♥️

Consulate - Montreal, Canada

• I-130 sent - 2018-01-10
  • I-130 NOA1 - 2018-01-17
  • I-130 approved - 2018-06-23
  • NVC received - 2018-07-16
  • Received AOS + IV Invoices - 2018-08-08
  • Paid IV fee - 2018-08-08
  • Paid AOS fee - 2018-08-08
  • All submitted to NVC - 2018-08-11
  • Case Complete - 2018-08-23
  • Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline

Congrats, it just makes it intolerable that your interview was a week after mine and the effing Canada Post delivery date for me in southern Ontario is 10 Dec. 

US immigration is SO broken it’s no wonder there’s so much illegal immigration. And yes, I called Canada Post too and they assured me that Priority Post is being delivered only 3 days later than their estimate so I don’t know what those of you who got next day delivery said, but please do share.

37 minutes ago, tnn2018 said:

Hate to double post, but I crossed into the USA on my CR1 visa tonight. Everything went well and I am officially a permanent resident of the United States. Best of luck to you all ♥️

Congrats friend and all the best in the US!!!

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Hello. I just found this forum now. Not sure why I didn't think to look for something like this sooner. 

I'm feeling very lost. My case closed date is September 25. I think? Is that the date I received an email saying I was ready for interview? I have not received an interview date yet. This was the last correspondence I recieved. Am I waiting for something else before I get a date? 

I noticed someone mentioned their priority date changing to current. Mine has not changed. Is that something that needs to happen before I get an interview? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.