JeSuisCalm

NVC just sent our I-129F packet to the embassy - what can we do to prepare now that we have a new case number?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone!  

So we called and found out that our application has officially left NVC to the Ghana Embassy!  We have a case number - now what can we do ahead of time? 

1. Is there anyway that we can book a doctor appointment at this time with the new case number we have?

2. Is the packet sent to my fiancee or me? (I'm a bit nervous about this given that the mail system in Ghana is not reliable)

3. Can we begin to collect police records (or rather lack of) in both Ghana and Benin (he is from Benin) and get them translated?  How recent do those records need to be?

Thank you everyone for your feedback.  To wait another 1-2 months to be with my fiancee seems like nothing after all of waiting we have done to this point, but I surely want to be on top of what we can rather than passively waiting.

I wish everyone positive prayers to move your applications through swiftly!

1. I don't recommend booking the medical appointment yet. The embassy will send you a packet with the instructions and a checklist. I made the mistake of booking the medical evaluation before my husband had an appointment, and they gave me a hard time at the medical clinic about the fact that he didn't have an appointment. The results are only valid for a certain amount of time (3 or 6 months I believe). So wait until you have your appointment date to get the medical exam.

2. I was emailed an appointment packet, it was just a PDF document that had a few pages.

3. Yes, begin to collect police certificates. Usually those are valid for a year. Ensure that the certificates have the correct information including passport or other travel details on it. I believe they need to be within 1 year of the interview date.

Good luck! The wait is worth it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 hours ago, JeSuisCalm said:

Hello everyone!  

So we called and found out that our application has officially left NVC to the Ghana Embassy!  We have a case number - now what can we do ahead of time? 

1. Is there anyway that we can book a doctor appointment at this time with the new case number we have?

2. Is the packet sent to my fiancee or me? (I'm a bit nervous about this given that the mail system in Ghana is not reliable)

3. Can we begin to collect police records (or rather lack of) in both Ghana and Benin (he is from Benin) and get them translated?  How recent do those records need to be?

Thank you everyone for your feedback.  To wait another 1-2 months to be with my fiancee seems like nothing after all of waiting we have done to this point, but I surely want to be on top of what we can rather than passively waiting.

It's better you find out the processes of booking a medical exam and interview date in your country Or you might make a mistake. Don't get the police clearance so early, they might ask for a new " recent" police clearance. Here in my country, I found out the steps to book the medical exam and interview aren't the way like the instruction showed. We don't need to submit DS160 prior to "schedule" the interview date .Actually, you can pre-act to fill out DS160 now but don't submit it. Get what you need to fill in it before you start to do it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.    NOA2 APPROVAL
a.    It will show approved and I will get mail saying the NOA2 is approved. Additionally it will show on the website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do
2.    Call the NVC to get the case number daily. Call daily though it may take up to 14 days. You need to ask for the MANILA CASE NUMBER. Ask for the Status and if it is ready. Once your status is “READY” and the US Embassy has received your papers, continue to STEP 3.
a.    (603) 334-0700
b.    (603) 334-0888
3.    Once you get the Manila case number you need to:
1)    Pay for your Visa at any local BPI. You will need:
a.    Passport
b.    Manila Case number
c.    Payment – 15K PHP give or take.
2)    Fill out the DS-160
a.   https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
b.    Print out and take a copy. Do not make mistakes.
3)    Get your Medical Exam at:
a.    St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic
i.    Address: 1177 Jorge Bocobo St, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila, Philippines
ii.    Phone: +63 2 521 0020
4.    Once I get the Manila case number I keep checking the CEAC website for the ready status to schedule an interview. Once its ready, schedule an Interview.
a.   https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
b.    Print the confirmed Interview Form and take with you.
c.    Its is highly recommended for BOTH OF YOU to be at this interview.
5.    Pick up visa at mall of Asia 2go

OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT YOU MUST FILL OUT AND OR SHOULD BRING
I-134
DS-160
Book binder with pictures of relationsihp. 
All travel / airline tickets and lodging information.
Spouses Photo IDs 1x1 and 2x2 
Spouses Birth certificate (Both)
Spouses Passport (both)
NBI
Cenomar 
Police clearance
Brgy clearance 
Parents photo copy ids.  
Your affidavit of employment or Tax Return & Paystubs
Divorce decree if exists

Edited by Hughlyn

• 8 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 1:18 AM, JeSuisCalm said:

Hello everyone!  

I have the same questions. Would you mind updating  me on you experience?

Thank you  :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.