Jump to content

Police Clearance Letter-Mexico

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

We have a very rare case and was needing some advise/help with it. My fiance is a South Korean citizen but spent two periods of time in Mexico, first as a student studying abroad and the second working for a Korean company in Mexico. We are early in the process but want to get out ahead of the curve and get the police clearance letter. She lives in Korea now and I am in Los Angeles. What would be our best course of action in obtaining the police clearance? We don't really want to have to go to Mexico in person to get this so I'd like to know if there are companies that handle this sort of thing? Also, what kind of documents are required for the police department to issue a letter? And to complicate matters, my fiance legally changed her name in Korea right before we submitted our petition so her new name will not match with the name she used while in Mexico. 😂

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot help you much, but I legally changed my name between NOA1 and NOA2 and I find myself sending (non-certified) photocopies of my deed poll (the name-change document in Singapore) everywhere. I imagine if you Google "police certificate" with the country, you could possibly find instructions to apply for a police certificate. In my case, even though the instructions I followed did not include a deed poll for change of name, I included it anyway because the name I use now is different from what is on my birth certificate. It worked. I'm now in the U.S. and my adjustment of status interview is next month.


Good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to follow the steps for Mexico and police certificates here




when she applies for it, she will need to provide all her legal names she has ever had and used and they will search the database for all names listed. 





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.