Summerleaf

K1 visa from Ready to Administrative processing to Application Received

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, I am from Manila Philippines. I need some opinion. I had my interview last Sept 7,2018 Friday and after that the consulate told me that "Visa approved, wait your visa  and passport to be delivered " she kept my passport. From Sept. 10- 21 ny status was in Administrative Processing. I checked the following week today Monday Sept. 24,2018 and may case status as Sept. 24,2018 changed to Application received. I called their hotline today since it has been more than 10 days. They created am escalated report for my case. I am worried and wondering. Is there anyone who has the same this experience? 

Timeline

I have the same case... I had my interview last Sept. 17, 2018... and at the end of my interview the consul told me "I am requesting your visa to be approved. As soon as I got home I called the phone number on the small pamphlet she gave me and told me to call those phone numbers and verify my mailing address and so i did... while i was on the phone with the customer rep. I asked if how can I track my status.  She then gave me this website https://ceac.state.gov and i checked on it today it say my status was "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING" ... When I read about "Administrative Processing" this is what I found on this website: https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/case-status/

Visa denial – If denied, you will be informed why you are ineligible to receive a visa. You will also be sent a notification by email.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You can check the status of your visa application at ceac.state.gov.

Should it mean I am candidate for Visa Denial???

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Drillerone said:

I have the same case... I had my interview last Sept. 17, 2018... and at the end of my interview the consul told me "I am requesting your visa to be approved. As soon as I got home I called the phone number on the small pamphlet she gave me and told me to call those phone numbers and verify my mailing address and so i did... while i was on the phone with the customer rep. I asked if how can I track my status.  She then gave me this website https://ceac.state.gov and i checked on it today it say my status was "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING" ... When I read about "Administrative Processing" this is what I found on this website: https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/case-status/

Visa denial – If denied, you will be informed why you are ineligible to receive a visa. You will also be sent a notification by email.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You can check the status of your visa application at ceac.state.gov.

Should it mean I am candidate for Visa Denial???

Administrative processing doesn't mean you're denied. According to my furthee research everybody go through to that. I was place AP for 10 working days.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ClaudRy said:

Administrative processing doesn't mean you're denied. According to my furthee research everybody go through to that. I was place AP for 10 working days.

My fiancee already done booked a plane ticket as soon as he heard the news from me as I thought there will be no more troubles after the interview. It was just today that my status changed to AP... When are you gonna phone them again to know about your stat?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Drillerone said:

My fiancee already done booked a plane ticket as soon as he heard the news from me as I thought there will be no more troubles after the interview. It was just today that my status changed to AP... When are you gonna phone them again to know about your stat?

You can call them after 10 working days from the date if interview. Consulate tell that after interview.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ClaudRy said:

You can call them after 10 working days from the date if interview. Consulate tell that after interview.

what did they say about your case when you phoned them today?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ClaudRy said:

My fiancee gave me this just now this may also help... 

https://visaguide.world/us-visa/processing-times/

How Long Does it Take to Get a US Visa?

Successful US visa applications take 3 to 5 weeks at most to get processed. Then the applicant can get a positive reply on his or her application, and the passport is handed for delivery. The delivery can take up to two other workdays.

1 hour ago, Drillerone said:

Sorry, but your fiance made a mistake by making such arrangements this early. The golden rule of immigration is to never make travel arrangements until the visa is physically in your hands. Anything can happen in between the interview and the arrival of you visa.

Usually, visa deliveries are 10 days to 2 weeks. But we have seen some go as long as a couple of months.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
18 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Sorry, but your fiance made a mistake by making such arrangements this early. The golden rule of immigration is to never make travel arrangements until the visa is physically in your hands. Anything can happen in between the interview and the arrival of you visa.

Usually, visa deliveries are 10 days to 2 weeks. But we have seen some go as long as a couple of months.

thank you for that info about the visa delivery... My status changed today from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued" ... I would just have to wait for my visa to be delivered and my fiancee will move the date of my flight that way we have allowance days for anything that may come up next. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.