really_angry

Montreal Interview Assignment

10 posts in this topic

I haven't seen anyone with a case complete date past July 21, 2018 be assigned an interview date in Montreal, Canada yet.  Can anyone comment on this unacceptable slowdown in interview assignment? Is this usual for Montreal?  Is Montreal always this slow in assigning interviews, or something extraordinary going on?

I've almost had it with the inhumane IR-1 process, and the insensitive robotic responses I get from agents when I call NVC.  If this takes much longer I'm quitting IR-1 and joining my husband in Canada.

Also, I would appreciate "helpful" responses (not generic responses I can figure out on my own).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Canada forum, from IR1/CR1 P&P~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

According to the CC to Interview spreadsheet, user Christine had CC on 7/23/2018, interview date received on 9/13/2018, and actual interview date is 10/30/2018. That's the most recent I've seen. 

The only info I've read beyond general is that Montreal slows down in the summer because of staff on holidays. Leading up to summer/beg. of summer was an average of 52 days or so for CC to Interview. Now it's more like 75 or something. (from what I saw on the spreadsheet) 

Hopefully it speeds up again. Our CC was Aug. 9th

NVC can't force Montreal to open up dates so getting angry at them does nothing but fuel your anger.

It still takes a year to get processing in Canada, inland or outland.   You're free to try of course, I suggest getting an FBI police certificate ordered though if you do go.  At least you can legally apply inland even if it takes 6 months to get a work permit. 

Montreal does usually slow down for Aug.  Historically speaking at least twice since I have joined this forum I have personally noted IR1/CR1 getting skipped in Aug/Sept for dates for the people on VJ.  That doesn't mean they skip everyone but likely due to vacation etc, they have less people.  I cannot give you exact years this has happened, however it quite frequently happens to K1 visa applicants. 

Mexico recently had an 8 month waiting period for interviews after CC.  Egypt has also had almost year long waiting periods (it happened the year I received my visa.)   So it does happen occasionally when there are more applicants than normal.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

also please :time:and join your monthly filers thread in the IR1/CR1 progress reports forum! Welcome to VJ. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

6 hours ago, NikLR said:

NVC can't force Montreal to open up dates so getting angry at them does nothing but fuel your anger.

It still takes a year to get processing in Canada, inland or outland.   You're free to try of course, I suggest getting an FBI police certificate ordered though if you do go.  At least you can legally apply inland even if it takes 6 months to get a work permit. 

Montreal does usually slow down for Aug.  Historically speaking at least twice since I have joined this forum I have personally noted IR1/CR1 getting skipped in Aug/Sept for dates for the people on VJ.  That doesn't mean they skip everyone but likely due to vacation etc, they have less people.  I cannot give you exact years this has happened, however it quite frequently happens to K1 visa applicants. 

Mexico recently had an 8 month waiting period for interviews after CC.  Egypt has also had almost year long waiting periods (it happened the year I received my visa.)   So it does happen occasionally when there are more applicants than normal.  

Hi NikLR,

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by “skipped”? (“IR1/CR1 getting skipped in Aug/Sept for dates for the people on VJ”). 

Thank you! 

9 hours ago, MC1 said:

Hi NikLR,

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by “skipped”? (“IR1/CR1 getting skipped in Aug/Sept for dates for the people on VJ”). 

Thank you! 

Normally the month after your CC you get your interview which is a month away from that.  So interviews normally have 2-3 months after CC.  But occasionally, mostly in Aug or Dec, it takes 3-4 months and no one on VJ gets an interview date on the normal schedule. 

Example:

Your Case Complete is March 15 and you get your P4 on April 2, and your interview is May 2.  

But in this case your case complete is July 10, you don't get your interview date until Sept 1, and it's in October.   

Occasionally you add another month in there too.

At least it's not like 8-9 months like Mexico recently. 

Edited by NikLR

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife's documents were accepted by the NVC in June. On August 10th we received notification that her interview was on Sept 4th. She was approved and her passport was back in her hands on Sept 7th. Crossed POE on Sept 9th. 

It is completely frustrating. 502 days from I-130 submission until she became a resident. The "idk", or "I have no information to share with you at this time" from USCIS, NVC, and the embassy is enough to make anyone crazy. Just remember the end goal. It will be worth it, no matter what the wait is. 

Wish you the best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked for TOS Violation and posts removed. It is against the Terms of Service to tell members not to post. As now this thread has turned into attacking members it will remain locked and is not to be restarted in any forum.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.