749 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, A_R said:

Okay I am confused now @Shubiepinky  you got your medical done in Delhi n have the reports with you before you got your P4? How? I was told you need the interview letter from the embassy to have your medical.

What about you @Heather & Shahbaz have you received your P4 and did you also do your medical before getting your letter?

We emailed support-india@ustraveldocs.com and asked for an electronic copy of the letter. The P4 packet arrived after our interview and included instructions for how to schedule interview and a copy of all the sickness ppwk. We took that and a printed copy of the appointment confirmation to medical and they accepted.

Okay I am confused now @Shubiepinky  you got your medical done in Delhi n have the reports with you before you got your P4? How? I was told you need the interview letter from the embassy to have your medical.

What about you @Heather & Shahbaz have you received your P4 and did you also do your medical before getting your letter?

We emailed support-india@ustraveldocs.com and asked for an electronic copy of the letter. The P4 packet arrived after our interview and included instructions for how to schedule interview and a copy of all the sickness ppwk. We took that and a printed copy of the appointment confirmation to medical and they accepted.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
55 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Okay thanks. So a appointment confirmation will also work, that’s good to know.

Edited by A_R

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lonegirl said:

I think you can schedule the interview as long as your case status is ready. You can check your case status here

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

If your case is already with the consulate, you can go ahead and schedule the interview.

Thanks but I am specifically asking for medical appointment. I know you can set up your Visa Interview but just confirming for medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks but I am specifically asking for medical appointment. I know you can set up your Visa Interview but just confirming for medical.

For medical you need to book your interview appointment and carry it with you along with your case number 

they just need your case number and internet appointment letter that’s it 

and if I am not wrong packet 4 is the packet which you can’t open. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Shubiepinky said:

For medical you need to book your interview appointment and carry it with you along with your case number 

they just need your case number and internet appointment letter that’s it 

and if I am not wrong packet 4 is the packet which you can’t open. 

@Shubiepinky  Thanks that helps me out a lot, will keep that in mind.

No Packet 4 is the packet that Mumbai Embassy will send you after your case reaches to them from NVC.

It basically has a letter + instructions + your original i129f package + imbra pamphlet, domestic violence pamphlet  etc. This packet comes via postal mail n takes about 10 days after your case is ready as per NVC website.

Edited by A_R

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, A_R said:

I didn't get my P4 yet, when my case was ready at ceac then I waited for a week and then open up a case by sending the email to support at US traveldocs. They said that they have send me the packet and it's on way and gave me the instructions how to proceed. I took the email print out and booked my medical.

I gave my VAC today and my interview is on Friday. Looks like I'm not gonna get my P4.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Shubiepinky said:

Hey guys just thinking when do we get that packet which we can’t open 

You get it with your passport after visa interview n approval. Your passport should have your K1 visa. This packet you SHOULD NOT open and have to give to the Customs Officer at the time of entering USA.

Timeline

Hello,

I have  2 questions regarding fees payment :

1. Can the fees be paid by credit card? I had read on the ustraveldocs site it could , but cannot find the option.

2. After you pay the fees via NEFT or any other method - you have to enter the receipt number.  What is the receipt number and where do you get it from ??

40 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hello,

I have  2 questions regarding fees payment :

1. Can the fees be paid by credit card? I had read on the ustraveldocs site it could , but cannot find the option.

2. After you pay the fees via NEFT or any other method - you have to enter the receipt number.  What is the receipt number and where do you get it from ??

I paid the fees at Axis Bank by generating the payment slip. The receipt the bank gives you after the payment has a bank reference number. That is the receipt number. I'm not sure about other methods. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lonegirl said:

I paid the fees at Axis Bank by generating the payment slip. The receipt the bank gives you after the payment has a bank reference number. That is the receipt number. I'm not sure about other methods. 

By bank reference number do you mean UTR no. (Unique Transaction Reference No.) ??

7 minutes ago, Lonegirl said:

Is the medical report required at the VAC appointment? And what is the appointment letter that we are required to produce at all places? 

No, I don't think medical report is required for VAC. They aren't related. Take a copy of your DS-160 Form , VAC appointment confirmation form, fees payment receipt , NOA2 approval for Biometrics.

24 minutes ago, A_R said:

By bank reference number do you mean UTR no. (Unique Transaction Reference No.) ??

No, I don't think medical report is required for VAC. They aren't related. Take a copy of your DS-160 Form , VAC appointment confirmation form, fees payment receipt , NOA2 approval for Biometrics.

Yes, in case of NEFT payments, it is usually UTR no. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lonegirl said:

Is the medical report required at the VAC appointment? And what is the appointment letter that we are required to produce at all places? 

No medical required at VAC, have someone with you hold all items as you can only take paper and copy of printed appt confirmation from online. There are expensive lockers and copy center next door usually (at least in Mumbai). I grabbed a coffee in the lobby next door and checked email while Prasad went and he was done in 15min.

Timeline
On 10/9/2018 at 11:21 PM, A_R said:

Okay thanks. So a appointment confirmation will also work, that’s good to know.

Call NEVC or email to confirm because I remember Rele Clinic giving Prasad a hard time and he said "This is all we have and they told us this is acceptable!" They finally accepted after strong prompting.

When we finally received P4 it was just instruction doc for next steps and a copy of all our personal documents. You can find it online for India at https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2017/02/Packet-4-IV-Approved-version.pdf. I didn't know this at the time so you should print this out with your appointment confirmation and that should be acceptable.

Also, in Mumbai any extra guest must wait in hallway during check-in but after they started they brought all friends or family to large reception room in office next door with air conditioning and water. It was fun to visit with parents of another applicant and took about a 2hr wait. I showed them this site and all the tricks to answer their questions online.

Have a fun time my friends!!!

I'm headed "home" to Bangalore for a month on Monday to see Prasad and work remote, make a quick business trip to Pune and possibly...maybe....get married if we still don't have K1 approval by Nov 1st (applied Aug 2017 and in AP since April 2018). We know it's a 50/50 but hard to get away for 30-days so thinking about just doing it and switching to CR1 at this point. We might have to flip a coin to decide lol!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.