305andy

Laguna Niguel location closed?

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

In early July I sent our I-751 package to the Laguna Niguel location, per the instructions on the USCIS website for my state. The check has still not been cashed. My wife's green card expires this September 20th, so we contacted USCIS to follow up, and they said the Laguna Niguel location has closed! They indicated that our package must have been sent to a new location, but since it's not in their system they can't tell me where, and when they will get to it.

My concern is, we are not going to have proof that we submitted the I-751 before her green card expires. I do have my USPS receipt and a screen shot from USPS that the package was delivered in July. I'm just not sure this serves as proper proof that we filed on time. Should we take them at their word, do nothing, and wait for them to get to our application no matter how long it takes? Or should we prepare a new package and send it to the (now) proper location? Or, should we just get a lawyer? I'm hoping someone here knows about this situation and can give us some friendly advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, 305andy said:

Hello.

In early July I sent our I-751 package to the Laguna Niguel location, per the instructions on the USCIS website for my state. The check has still not been cashed. My wife's green card expires this September 20th, so we contacted USCIS to follow up, and they said the Laguna Niguel location has closed! They indicated that our package must have been sent to a new location, but since it's not in their system they can't tell me where, and when they will get to it.

My concern is, we are not going to have proof that we submitted the I-751 before her green card expires. I do have my USPS receipt and a screen shot from USPS that the package was delivered in July. I'm just not sure this serves as proper proof that we filed on time. Should we take them at their word, do nothing, and wait for them to get to our application no matter how long it takes? Or should we prepare a new package and send it to the (now) proper location? Or, should we just get a lawyer? I'm hoping someone here knows about this situation and can give us some friendly advice!

That doesn’t seem accurate...I just received an RFE which said to mail it back to the Laguna Niguel location. I would try calling again, seems like a mix up 

8 minutes ago, KBA said:

That doesn’t seem accurate...I just received an RFE which said to mail it back to the Laguna Niguel location. I would try calling again, seems like a mix up 

This is what's so frustrating. Every time I call, I get different information. But I believed the last person, because I checked the USCIS website and Laguna Niguel is no longer listed as a service center. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, 305andy said:

This is what's so frustrating. Every time I call, I get different information. But I believed the last person, because I checked the USCIS website and Laguna Niguel is no longer listed as a service center. 

I just googled it and it came up with the hours...etc so it doesn’t seem like it’s closed. Hope this gets sorted out soon for you 

They just changed the filing locations for i751 and that’s it. Before you sent it directly to a service center (California or Vermont) but now you send it to a lockbox. 

Wait to see what happens or if you’d like, send in another i751 package to the new address and cancel the check from your previous attempt 

2 hours ago, 305andy said:

so we contacted USCIS to follow up, and they said the Laguna Niguel location has closed! They indicated that our package must have been sent to a new location, but since it's not in their system they can't tell me where, and when they will get to it.

My concern is, we are not going to have proof that we submitted the I-751 before her green card expires.

The filing locations have changed to Phoenix, AZ or Dallas, TX depending on which state you live, I'm sure that since they did close their offices they will forward every case they received to their new locations regardless of whether they started the case or not.  

As far as proof goes you will have to wait to receive something back from USCIS.

Edited by Jo Së

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Same thing happened to me when I sent my niece application.. the address said Laguna Niguel and we sent it on 8/28/2018 USPS confirmed received on 8/30/2018, the check hasn't clear either, I called the customer service center and they told me we have to wait the 30 days and it is not in their system, they told me I should had send it to the Arizona address, but I told them I sent it to the address that it was on the website when I printed the application.. now we have to wait until 10/11/2018 to call back again and see what happened with the application my niece's visa expires on the middle of November. if you had not received anything just send it again don't wait and put an stop payment on the check.. do you have any updates? please you can email me narvaezmnd@hotmail.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.