D & JL

K1 Visa DR

48 posts in this topic

During my process for the K1 Visa, I did not find much information. Their website is out of date, but common sense will help you achieve it. After NVC receives your petition and its ready status, you must make a profile at ustraveldocs. This will help you book your VAC and Embassy appointment. Do not sit and wait for package 3-4 it will not happen. As you book your appts the confirmation page will let you know the documents to bring and locations. Please please go with your partner!!! This country is hard for some. Make sure you have everything organized and concrete evidence. If any questions arise you r more than welcomed to email me. Good luck!

thank you so much for your help, i know this because a close friend went through this process.... She told me her interview was just 3 question and they approved, but better have all the things they need... my fiancee is wiling to go with me to he interview but i don't really know if it is necessary.

about the shots how that goes?

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

*** Moving to the Regional (Caribbean) section as the OP is referring to the process of a specific country (Dominican Republic) ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

9 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

thank you so much for your help, i know this because a close friend went through this process.... She told me her interview was just 3 question and they approved, but better have all the things they need... my fiancee is wiling to go with me to he interview but i don't really know if it is necessary.

about the shots how that goes?

Good morning! Everything is diff per case. My fiance went alone but they had him reschedule so I can attend. 

Shots are not mandatory for K1 but I would recommend paying the 120 in DR than here in the US its pricier.. They are needed for the Adjustment of Status without them you will be denied.

1 minute ago, D & JL said:

Good morning! Everything is diff per case. My fiance went alone but they had him reschedule so I can attend. 

Shots are not mandatory for K1 but I would recommend paying the 120 in DR than here in the US its pricier.. They are needed for the Adjustment of Status without them you will be denied.

ahhh ok i understand, so lets see im still waiting for my NOA2 but im not out of normal processing time... so i started to gather information and fiancee is is coming with financial information in october

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

age.png

51 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

ahhh ok i understand, so lets see im still waiting for my NOA2 but im not out of normal processing time... so i started to gather information and fiancee is is coming with financial information in october

Ok I wish you the best of luck if at any time you get lost I am here to help and guide you. From beginning to end it took me 13 months, but everyone is different. Just make sure you know each other well have strong evidence and you will be all set. 😊

On 9/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, D & JL said:

During my process for the K1 Visa, I did not find much information. Their website is out of date, but common sense will help you achieve it. After NVC receives your petition and its ready status, you must make a profile at ustraveldocs. This will help you book your VAC and Embassy appointment. Do not sit and wait for package 3-4 it will not happen. As you book your appts the confirmation page will let you know the documents to bring and locations. Please please go with your partner!!! This country is hard for some. Make sure you have everything organized and concrete evidence. If any questions arise you r more than welcomed to email me. Good luck!

Thanks for being her to help! My fiancé’s case was approved September 4th, and I have yet to contact the national visa center.  I’ve already scheduled her interview at the Embassy in Santo Domingo for October 25th. However, a much closer interview date opened up. I wanted to reschedule for October 12 but I’m afraid that the the embassy May not have received my case from the NVC by then?

How long does it usually take for the embassy to receive one’s case from the NVC? Do you think scheduling an interview for October 12th is too soon? Thanks !

25 minutes ago, MedicineManRx said:

Thanks for being her to help! My fiancé’s case was approved September 4th, and I have yet to contact the national visa center.  I’ve already scheduled her interview at the Embassy in Santo Domingo for October 25th. However, a much closer interview date opened up. I wanted to reschedule for October 12 but I’m afraid that the the embassy May not have received my case from the NVC by then?

How long does it usually take for the embassy to receive one’s case from the NVC? Do you think scheduling an interview for October 12th is too soon? Thanks !

Could take 14-20 days.. medical are kinda a week labors week. So for October 12 is fine tho... keep calling nvc  for ur nvc  number and ur filed should change to transit in Sept 18.. nvc send batches every 14 days. The last batch was sent Sept 4

Edited by Kyle&Ana

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

01/21/19 - POE! 

Ky-G team ❤️

age.png

20 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

Could take 14-20 days.. medical are kinda a week labors week. So for October 12 is fine tho... keep calling nvc  for ur nvc  number and ur filed should change to transit in Sept 18.. nvc send batches every 14 days. The last batch was sent Sept 4

Thanks! One more question? Do I need to have her visit the VAC again to stamp her new appointment date if I change it? When she went to the VAC initially she took her DS-160 along with a form with her VAC and interview date. She stayed that they stamped her paperwork but she can’t remember which and she’s in Santiago for for the week so she can’t check.

Just now, MedicineManRx said:

Thanks! One more question? Do I need to have her visit the VAC again to stamp her new appointment date if I change it? When she went to the VAC initially she took her DS-160 along with a form with her VAC and interview date. She stayed that they stamped her paperwork but she can’t remember which and she’s in Santiago for for the week so she can’t check.

Not she doesnt have to go to the vac again they already took the biometrics and picture.. if u have ur appoiment letter she should make the medicals...do u have the police record, birth certificate??

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

01/21/19 - POE! 

Ky-G team ❤️

age.png

3 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

Not she doesnt have to go to the vac again they already took the biometrics and picture.. if u have ur appoiment letter she should make the medicals...do u have the police record, birth certificate??

Ok thanks! No, so far i got her passport, and biometrics done, she will visit the doctor on Tuesday, and get her police record and birth certificate next week also.

57 minutes ago, MedicineManRx said:

Hello! They say to wait 8 weeks, but after 2 weeks you should call. Mines was approved in April NVC received it in June. You shouldve waited for NVC to get in touch via email just to be on the safe side. Once you schedule an embassy appointment your visa receipt gets locked meaning you cannot reschedule until they unlock it. Some cases take time while others take less. Once NVC receives your approved petition they are quick because they do not process K1 Visas the embassy of the country u r applying for does. All they do is put it together electronically and its between 4-7 business days. You can check on CEAC for your status. Once its at the embassy it says ready for interview. At that point you make a profile on ustraveldocs and book your VAC appt and Embassy give it like 10 days in between to make sure they have ur results because for medical is walk in no appt necessary. I had my fiance do the VAC in the am and from there get the medical done. So, when it was time for the embassy appt everything was there. FYI: for the medical you will need your NVC letter do not forget that or you will not be seen a lot of people were turned down for not bringing it..

I love to help because I had a hard journey with this process so if i can shine some light on others it will be of great pleasure to tell you... good luck 😊

10 minutes ago, D & JL said:

Hello! They say to wait 8 weeks, but after 2 weeks you should call. Mines was approved in April NVC received it in June. You shouldve waited for NVC to get in touch via email just to be on the safe side. Once you schedule an embassy appointment your visa receipt gets locked meaning you cannot reschedule until they unlock it. Some cases take time while others take less. Once NVC receives your approved petition they are quick because they do not process K1 Visas the embassy of the country u r applying for does. All they do is put it together electronically and its between 4-7 business days. You can check on CEAC for your status. Once its at the embassy it says ready for interview. At that point you make a profile on ustraveldocs and book your VAC appt and Embassy give it like 10 days in between to make sure they have ur results because for medical is walk in no appt necessary. I had my fiance do the VAC in the am and from there get the medical done. So, when it was time for the embassy appt everything was there. FYI: for the medical you will need your NVC letter do not forget that or you will not be seen a lot of people were turned down for not bringing it..

I love to help because I had a hard journey with this process so if i can shine some light on others it will be of great pleasure to tell you... good luck 😊

Thanks for all of that info! Once I get the letter can  I scan it and email it to her, is she allowed to take a copy? Will they email it to me also, or does it come via physical mail only? Thanks again!

43 minutes ago, MedicineManRx said:

Thanks for all of that info! Once I get the letter can  I scan it and email it to her, is she allowed to take a copy? Will they email it to me also, or does it come via physical mail only? Thanks again!

Nothing was sent physically to me or my fiance. NVC sends it via email you forward it to ur partner so they can print it. And of course always have a copy for yourself. Another secret do not stress the affidavits have it but they do not ask for it. I believe since its a K1 they dont but you will need it for the adjustment. I stressed so many things and its easier than what I thought. The police certificate you can send for it online they will email u it just print it and have it instead of going to the actual place n waiting. Save time! Do it online more convenient just wait closer to ur embassy appt date to do it.

2 hours ago, D & JL said:

Nothing was sent physically to me or my fiance. NVC sends it via email you forward it to ur partner so they can print it. And of course always have a copy for yourself. Another secret do not stress the affidavits have it but they do not ask for it. I believe since its a K1 they dont but you will need it for the adjustment. I stressed so many things and its easier than what I thought. The police certificate you can send for it online they will email u it just print it and have it instead of going to the actual place n waiting. Save time! Do it online more convenient just wait closer to ur embassy appt date to do it.

Thanks! 🙂

Edited by MedicineManRx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.