WSI

Is the "Ready" Status means Administrative Processing?

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I had an interview on 5th September 2018 in Islamabad. Everything went really well and the interview has been successfully approved. CO neither asked for any extra document and nor given any paper or put on administrative processing, asked me to pick my passport after 2 weeks. Now the current status of my case is still "Ready" and the case last updated date is as of my interview date "5th September 2018". Now my questions are:

1. As I personally know a few candidates who had the interview on the same date as of mine and have been returned passport with visa. Why shouldn't mine yet? 

2. Is the "Ready" status means "Administrative Processing"? If yes then why co didn't give paper marked with "Administrative processing"?               

3. Why the case still stuck on "Ready"? Is it normal? Shouldn't it be in Administrative Processing as the interview has been done?             

4. When should I get an update on my case and how?             

5. My case category is F2B is it take the same time for issuing a visa like CR-1 and K1? As I have read many threads and CR-1 and K1 visa's issue in 2-3 days after the interview? Is the time frame the same for F2B?

I am opening this thread because many people are searching for the same answer as the ceac. site status is very confusing.

Thanks in advance for reading my post and for answering.   

Edited by WSI

7 hours ago, WSI said:

1. As I personally know a few candidates who had the interview on the same date as of mine and have been returned passport with visa. Why shouldn't mine yet? 

Every case has different processing and status. You cannot predict your case processing based on other's case.

7 hours ago, WSI said:

2. Is the "Ready" status means "Administrative Processing"? If yes then why co didn't give paper marked with "Administrative processing"? 

No. Ready and AP have different meanings.

Ready only means your case is in the consulate and ready for the interview.

It was updated on September 5, the date of your interview, because in that day, the CO open your case to read the info while he was asking questions.

Administrative processing means the CO is processing your case. This status is appeared when:

- The CO is reading your documents to prepare for issuing the visa.

- The CO reviews your documents and they has not yet made a decision on approval or not.

- The CO is waiting for the support documents such as proofs, financial documents.

If the CO needs more documents, they will send you a letter or call you.

7 hours ago, WSI said:

3. Why the case still stuck on "Ready"? Is it normal? Shouldn't it be in Administrative Processing as the interview has been done?   

It is shown Ready from the interview date because the CO is not ready to process your visa now.

Mybe they are busy or they need approval from DHS.

For example: your case is F2B but the petitioner is citizen, so they need DHS approve to keep your F2B status.

7 hours ago, WSI said:

As I said in other post, after a successful interview, your status will be updated from 2-7 WORKING DAYS later.

In my case, my status was updated 4 days later.

Working days mean Monday - Friday and no holidays or weekend.

Your interview was in September 5, Wednesday.

So you waited 3 working days included Thursday, Friday and today Monday. I think within this week you will get the status update.

7 hours ago, WSI said:

5. My case category is F2B is it take the same time for issuing a visa like CR-1 and K1?

As I have read many threads and CR-1 and K1 visa's issue in 2-3 days after the interview? Is the time frame the same for F2B?

As I said, every case has different processing because there are many different situation.

There is no formula for processing, so you cannot predict anything based on other experience.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Triple28 said:

Every case has different processing and status. You cannot predict your case processing based on other's case.

No. Ready and AP have different meanings.

Ready only means your case is in the consulate and ready for the interview.

It was updated on September 5, the date of your interview, because in that day, the CO open your case to read the info while he was asking questions.

Administrative processing means the CO is processing your case. This status is appeared when:

- The CO is reading your documents to prepare for issuing the visa.

- The CO reviews your documents and they has not yet made a decision on approval or not.

- The CO is waiting for the support documents such as proofs, financial documents.

If the CO needs more documents, they will send you a letter or call you.

It is shown Ready from the interview date because the CO is not ready to process your visa now.

For example: your case is F2B but the petitioner is citizen, so they need DHS approve to keep your F2B status.

As I said in other post, after a successful interview, your status will be updated from 2-7 WORKING DAYS later.

In my case, my status was updated 4 days later.

Working days mean Monday - Friday and no holidays or weekend.

Your interview was in September 5, Wednesday.

So you waited 3 working days included Thursday, Friday and today Monday. I think within this week you will get the status update.

As I said, every case has different processing because there are many different situation.

There is no formula for processing, so you cannot predict anything based on other experience.

Thank you so much for your valuable comments @Triple28

Timeline
6 hours ago, Triple28 said:

For example: your case is F2B but the petitioner is citizen, so they need DHS approve makes.

Great answer at least makes sense.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

It’s really nothing to worry about. It just means they haven’t updated the system. They can be really lazy like that. Mine said ready for like a week after my interview even though I was approved on the spot. Then it changed to ap for a day then issued. Every case is different. Everyone goes through ap. CR1 and K1 are faster than f2b. There was someone on here last year who said their ceac didn’t change from ready for years. Embassies are just lazy. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

It’s really nothing to worry about. It just means they haven’t updated the system. They can be really lazy like that. Mine said ready for like a week after my interview even though I was approved on the spot. Then it changed to ap for a day then issued. Every case is different. Everyone goes through ap. CR1 and K1 are faster than f2b. There was someone on here last year who said their ceac didn’t change from ready for years. Embassies are just lazy. 

Thanks for your reply and feeling relaxed after your comment. I was also approved at the spot and its almost a week but nothing happens yet. @TNJ17 what is your consulate? Actually, after reading about Islamabad I'm really scared.  

On 9/10/2018 at 12:34 AM, WSI said:

Hello Everyone,

I had an interview on 5th September 2018 in Islamabad. Everything went really well and the interview has been successfully approved. CO neither asked for any extra document and nor given any paper or put on administrative processing, asked me to pick my passport after 2 weeks. Now the current status of my case is still "Ready" and the case last updated date is as of my interview date "5th September 2018". Now my questions are:

5. My case category is F2B is it take the same time for issuing a visa like CR-1 and K1? As I have read many threads and CR-1 and K1 visa's issue in 2-3 days after the interview? Is the time frame the same for F2B?

I am opening this thread because many people are searching for the same answer as the ceac. site status is very confusing.

Thanks in advance for reading my post and for answering.   

Just be patient there are doing their job i have been approved for visa and i got my passport after a while but got same people approved  for visa and they got there passport after 3 months or 2 months so they are busy and they are working on every case to make sure everyone get there passport with visa and package. Plus Islamabad Embassy is slow Hope you hear good news soon .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.