bLaZeeee

Names of beneficiaries listed on i-797c

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hi everyone, we just received the form i-797c (NOA1) where it says the name of my fiance. However, I have also included his son in the same I-129F petition as k2 beneficiary. Her son's name is not listed on the NOA1 letter though. Is that really how it is? Or should his name be in it? What drew me off is the heading that says "Petition for Alien Fiancee has been received by our office for the following BENEFICIARIES and is in process". Like if that area is always meant to show just one name, I wonder why they use the plural BENEFECIARIES. It makes me think that if the petition has a k2 inclusion, they would have and should have listed her son's name in it, too. Please help. Thank you so much. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

@p-ana

oh that's a relief. Thank you. I have also been searching online for answers. Is it true that the derivative beneficiary's name will only show up in the notices sent by the NVC? does this mean that any correspondence from USCIS will not include the k2 name? Sorry for asking too many questions, we just want to know what to expect. Thank you again for your quick response 😊

Edited by Emma310

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My sons are both minors as per US law, 18 and 13. We included them both, though in home country older one is legally an adult and most probably is not moving to the USA. Neither was on NOA1 and it never occurred to me that it may indicate something wrong. I believe that potential K2s do not come into view until DS-160 and Affidavit of support just to save time to USCIS. 

PS: it occurs to me that K2 children technically are not `Beneficiaries` if you look at I-129F precisely. they are listed as `Beneficiary's children`

Edited by HP+IC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.