Mark & Angelina

K1 assistance from Senators Expedite procedures

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, i feel blessed..i believe the senator in nevada helped me. i am not a man of coinsidence. she called the uscis, they release our rfe that day and sent it to us. We responded to it 2 days later. 1 week after we responded to it we spoke with the senators office again. She called the USCIS and requested the case to be expedited. 2 days later we were approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mark & Angelina said:

So, i feel blessed..i believe the senator in nevada helped me. i am not a man of coinsidence. she called the uscis, they release our rfe that day and sent it to us. We responded to it 2 days later. 1 week after we responded to it we spoke with the senators office again. She called the USCIS and requested the case to be expedited. 2 days later we were approved. 

Wow congratulations... We asked for a help from my Fiancé’s Congressman but i guess they weren’t helpful at all. They just relayed to us the information that is given to them by the USCIS to “Wait for 30days”. So disappointing...😢😢😢

Your senator is highly commendable..👏👏

Timeline

well i sent her authorizaton request when we were at 5 month stage.. hoping they can help speed it up... they said they can only help after the 7 month limit reached.. we got noa after 232 days with 1 rfe.. i think if we didnt ask for help we would still be waiting. so yes.,my senators office rocks!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Paul Ryan wrote a letter for my Thai gf (at the time) for a tourist visa.   She walked into the interview with the letter.   Did not make a single bit of difference.   Your situation is different and very happy that you got some help on your situation.   Congrats.

Edited by DanielPlainview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 8/26/2018 at 5:10 PM, Mark & Angelina said:

ok, we got the rfe on thursday.. they requested my criminal record from 29 years ago.. i drove to los angeles to get certified copy.. then sent it out saturday.. the tracking says its at the post office box awaiting to be picked up.. so im hope the senator expedite i got will make them read it faster and approve us...

Hey Mark, can you elaborate a bit on the criminal record? 

I had an alcohol possession violation more than 29 years ago when I was 18 that was "dismissed" after six months probation.  When I applied for Global Entry, the agent indicated it was showing up.   I requested my record from the State Police and their letter said I have no violations.   I learned that although it's dismissed, it stays on the Federal record.    I included the info on the 129F and included a copy of the clean State Police report.    Hoping no RFI because I cannot get any information on the violation.    

Timeline

Yes.. i am 46 now.. in the program for 27 years.. if you know what that is.. when i was 18 i got convicted of commercial burglary.. its only available on micro film now..so long ago its not on any computer system in the world.. also got convicted of petty theft misdemeanor and Wet Wrecklace Driving.  So i disclosed in my I129f that i had my burglary charge. And come to find out the USCIS doesnt have the resources to find out anything about it.. probably because in California the only way to get information is to goto the actual courthouse it happened and get the actual certified copy.. Got my rfe on August 22, My rfe stated that i said in the i129f that i had a criminal record and they wanted certified copies them. So i drove 600 miles on August 23 on my bike.. drove to torrance, got certified copies and mailed them on August 24th, received notification from the post office on august 27th that the USCIS received it and was approved NOA2 on September 5th

rfe1.pdf

Timeline
2 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

Paul Ryan wrote a letter for my Thai gf (at the time) for a tourist visa.   She walked into the interview with the letter.   Did not make a single bit of difference.   Your situation is different and very happy that you got some help on your situation.   Congrats.

dude.. was a big difference.. our situation is for the k1 visa.. not at the consul stage yet.. still was in care of the USCIS awaiting approval..and the USCIS appears to be going thru a difficult time right now.. probably due to rules of 2 presidents.. and needing some serious re organizing skills.. what i did was not try to manipulate the system but rather use a senator to help push things thru.. The senators office even told me they had the authority to get the ball rolling..in a figure of speech

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.