almap

Error in green card date, filed i90, but still they ask for i751 120 days before wrong date

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Hi,

My green card was approved on November 2017, date in which I became a conditional permanent resident. When I finally got my green card, the "resident since" date was wrong, it said I was a resident since November 2016, and that the expiration date was November 2018. I went to USCIS offices and asked them what to do. They said to file an i-90 and ask for a new green card due to the error. I did that in May 2018. Now, I received a notice of action requesting I file i-751 to remove conditions 120 days before the wrong expiration date on my green card, which was November 2018. That I could lose my permanent resident status if I don't do that. Is this true even if they clearly still have the wrong expiration date? What should I do? I'm afraid that if I do nothing, I will receive a letter saying I'm losing my permanent resident status, even though I have already told them there was a mistake in my green card. They clearly still haven't gone through my I-90 and have not corrected the information on their system. Has anyone had this same issue?

Edited by almap
mistake words

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, almap said:

Hi,

I received my green card and permanent resident status on November 2017. When I finally got my green card, the "resident since" date was wrong, it said I was a resident since November 2016, and that the expiration date was November 2018. I went to USCIS offices and asked them what to do. They said to file an i-90 and ask for a new green card due to the error. I did that in May 2018. Now, I received a notice of action requesting I file i-751 to remove conditions 120 days before the wrong expiration date on my green card, which was November 2018. That I could lose my permanent resident status if I don't do that. Is this true even if they clearly still have the wrong expiration date? What should I do? I'm afraid that if I do nothing, I will receive a letter saying I'm losing my permanent resident status, even though I have already told them there was a mistake in my green card. They clearly still haven't gone through my I-90 and have not corrected the information on their system. Has anyone had this same issue?

Have you seen this? I know it is a little bit off with the dates you provided, but try calling USCIS on the number below, explaining them what happened and perhaps if you can, even do a infopass just to make sure they are aware of your case.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-recall-incorrectly-dated-green-cards

USCIS to Recall Incorrectly Dated Green Cards

On May 14, 2018, USCIS will begin recalling approximately 8,543 Permanent Resident Cards (also known as Green Cards) due to a production error. The Green Cards were for approved Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence for spouses of U.S. citizens. The cards were printed with an incorrect “Resident Since” date and mailed between February and April 2018.

USCIS will send notices to individuals who received the incorrect Green Cards and to their attorneys of record, if they have one. The affected individuals should return their incorrect Green Card to USCIS in the provided pre-paid envelope within 20 days of receiving the notice. They may also return their cards to USCIS field offices. USCIS will send replacement Green Cards within 15 days of receiving the incorrect card.

The recall does not affect these Green Card holders’ status as lawful permanent residents. If affected individuals need to travel internationally or prove their lawful permanent residence while they wait for a replacement card, they may contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 to determine if they need additional proof.

Spouses of U.S. citizens may apply for naturalization after three years of permanent residency and must meet other requirements. The incorrect date on these cards could lead applicants to wait longer than necessary to apply to become U.S. citizens.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Thank you! I saw this just today. Too bad I submitted my i-90 just days before they issued this. But I will make an infopass like you suggest and try to get the same solution these people are getting. I don't see why I should be treated differently. Thanks again

• 1 month later...

I had adjectcly same issue like you.i had to apply i751 based on wrong issued green card,suggested by USCIS(through infopass and 1-800 num),they said i cannot ignore any letter of uscis which they indicate was 120days reminder letter for applying i751. But after filing i751,they corrected my conditional card and sent it to me.i dont know what to do with my i751 which was filed based on wrong issued card.if they closed my i751 now, it would be losing money for their mistake.

Edited by R.A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.