S20181314

I-864 for interview

14 posts in this topic

my husband's interview is on the 26th. however, my lawyer just informed me that the documents that he send to China cannot arrive on time. Lawyer sent my husband all the scanned version to my husband and my husband printed them out. The only problem that I concern is the I-864 form, does it has to be original copy? I saw the NVC news states that since 12/28/2016, Ink signature no longer required on affidavits of support. It says Starting Jan 1,2017, the NVC will accept photo copies and scanned version of signed forms I-864 and associated documents. Please note that he form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signature will not be accepted. 

There is nothing I can do about it, but madness. I trusted my lawyer, before I hire him, he said that as long as I provide him what he is asking for, I got a high chance to get the visa. My husband had twice tourist interview refusal, before the lawyer said that is no problem. and now he is saying that since we got married soon after those visa interview refusal, it is possible to affect my case. To be honest, I feel I was cheated by the lawyer, first of all, I had sent him everything he ask 25 days before the interview. I cannot believe 2 days from my husband's interview date he told me the package cannot arrive on time. My husband and I had nothing to hide, I am 7 month pregnant now, I just worry about if his visa got rejected just because the I-864.

the list below is what we have as original docs.

1.My husband has all the original civil documents, includes my birth certificate, marriage certificate, his birth certificate, police certificate. 

2. hundreds of pictures, includes wedding pictures.

3. hundreds of our train ticket in the past

4. 2 of the 2X2 passport size pictures. 

5. medical exam result 

the below list is what we have as a scanned version

1. interview letter

2. DS-260 confirmation page

3. My naturalization certificate

4. court paper for name change (i changed my last name to my husband's last name)

5. my baby ultra sound image

6. the letter that I wrote to the CO

7. My tax return (tax transcript)

8. my doctor's note stated baby's due date.

9. copies and my passport to prove my entries to China. (5 times I visited my husband in the past 2 years)

10. I- 864

11. employer letter.

12. register for courier service

however, as he sent all the documents to my husband and my husband forward it to me, I checked everything, he put my husband's birth date wrong, and I fixed it. this is the only thing that I was glad of. because what kind of wife does not remember her husband's birth date!! 

Let me know your suggestions. 

i appreciate any positive or negative factors. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, S20181314 said:

my husband's interview is on the 26th. however, my lawyer just informed me that the documents that he send to China cannot arrive on time. Lawyer sent my husband all the scanned version to my husband and my husband printed them out. The only problem that I concern is the I-864 form, does it has to be original copy? I saw the NVC news states that since 12/28/2016, Ink signature no longer required on affidavits of support. It says Starting Jan 1,2017, the NVC will accept photo copies and scanned version of signed forms I-864 and associated documents. Please note that he form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signature will not be accepted. 

There is nothing I can do about it, but madness. I trusted my lawyer, before I hire him, he said that as long as I provide him what he is asking for, I got a high chance to get the visa. My husband had twice tourist interview refusal, before the lawyer said that is no problem. and now he is saying that since we got married soon after those visa interview refusal, it is possible to affect my case. To be honest, I feel I was cheated by the lawyer, first of all, I had sent him everything he ask 25 days before the interview. I cannot believe 2 days from my husband's interview date he told me the package cannot arrive on time. My husband and I had nothing to hide, I am 7 month pregnant now, I just worry about if his visa got rejected just because the I-864.

the list below is what we have as original docs.

1.My husband has all the original civil documents, includes my birth certificate, marriage certificate, his birth certificate, police certificate. 

2. hundreds of pictures, includes wedding pictures.

3. hundreds of our train ticket in the past

4. 2 of the 2X2 passport size pictures. 

5. medical exam result 

the below list is what we have as a scanned version

1. interview letter

2. DS-260 confirmation page

3. My naturalization certificate

4. court paper for name change (i changed my last name to my husband's last name)

5. my baby ultra sound image

6. the letter that I wrote to the CO

7. My tax return (tax transcript)

8. my doctor's note stated baby's due date.

9. copies and my passport to prove my entries to China. (5 times I visited my husband in the past 2 years)

10. I- 864

11. employer letter.

12. register for courier service

however, as he sent all the documents to my husband and my husband forward it to me, I checked everything, he put my husband's birth date wrong, and I fixed it. this is the only thing that I was glad of. because what kind of wife does not remember her husband's birth date!! 

Let me know your suggestions. 

i appreciate any positive or negative factors. 

He should print the ds260 from hos email since you both got correspondence from NVC.

Every other thing is fine

4 hours ago, Abies said:

He should print the ds260 from hos email since you both got correspondence from NVC.

Every other thing is fine

I have a scanned version of DS 260 confirmation page, is that what you were talking about?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You don't need a lawyer. Where are the birthday cards? Or maybe you went back to China when it was his birthday that why there no birthday card. Did you include your husband in your tax return?  Are there any copy of emails between you guys?

Good Lucks. Congratulate on your pregnancy!

IR-5 for wife's parents:
3-24-2014: I-130 approved
4-08-2014: USCIS sent to NVC
5-07-2014: Case recieved at NVC
5-15-2014: Case number & IIN Assigned
5-21-2014: Completed DS-261
5-22-2014: Sent ENROLL EP email
5-27-2014: Sent AOS through EP
6-14-2014: Case number change from GUZ to GZO

7-04-2014: Sent DS-260 fee

7-07-2014: Sent Civil Documents

7-08-2014: Completed DS-260

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-27-2014: Case COMPLETE! YES!...YES!...YES! :joy::thumbs::dance:

3 hours ago, Ming said:

You don't need a lawyer. Where are the birthday cards? Or maybe you went back to China when it was his birthday that why there no birthday card. Did you include your husband in your tax return?  Are there any copy of emails between you guys?

We never write birthday card, it sounds like an old fashion. lol. I only get to visit my husband on my school vacations in the past two years since I was a full time student.

You are right, I should not hire a lawyer, he put some wrong dates on my application and forms. The only reason that I hired him is because I thought they are more professional and I was too busy with my school work and job. 

my major question is that is the scanned version of I-864 going to be a problem? Will it become the possibility for the CO to deny his visa? I used to be so confident, but eventually got pissed off by the lawyer.

I cannot get good sleep these days, so concerned!

thank you very much for your response. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ming said:

Why would she need birthday cards? :P 

Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/required-documents.html

"Applicants may bring photocopies and scanned versions of signed Forms I-864 and associated documents. " This statement is from above link.

Don't worry. It going to work out! :D My wife first interview visa was deny but we didn't give up. We got a second interview and pass. Now we have 3 sons, 7 yrs old, 4 yrs old and 22 months!!

IR-5 for wife's parents:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Ming said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/required-documents.html

"Applicants may bring photocopies and scanned versions of signed Forms I-864 and associated documents. " This statement is from above link.

Don't worry. It going to work out! :D My wife first interview visa was deny but we didn't give up. We got a second interview and pass. Now we have 3 sons, 7 yrs old, 4 yrs old and 22 months!!

Awesome! Thank you very much! I will never give up on my marriage, we met in high school, I liked him almost 7 years before he became my boyfriend. To me, he is like a personal drug!

lol, I guess I was just over thinking since my lawyer fail to send all the docs to my husband. Pregnant woman is crazy and having unstable thoughts. It takes 10 months for USCIS to approve my case, what the hell, and I called them every day, every time the representative who picks up the phone do not know anything, transfer me to Tier 2 level officer and no one ever pick up the damn phone, never receive scheduled call backs! 

Do you mind telling me after your first denial, how long did it take to re-apply? and did you go through the appeal step! If they denied my case I will definitely appeal it after our baby is delivered! 

Timeline
15 hours ago, S20181314 said:

Awesome! Thank you very much! I will never give up on my marriage, we met in high school, I liked him almost 7 years before he became my boyfriend. To me, he is like a personal drug!

lol, I guess I was just over thinking since my lawyer fail to send all the docs to my husband. Pregnant woman is crazy and having unstable thoughts. It takes 10 months for USCIS to approve my case, what the hell, and I called them every day, every time the representative who picks up the phone do not know anything, transfer me to Tier 2 level officer and no one ever pick up the damn phone, never receive scheduled call backs! 

Do you mind telling me after your first denial, how long did it take to re-apply? and did you go through the appeal step! If they denied my case I will definitely appeal it after our baby is delivered! 

Here is my link to my Timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=37301

Scroll down to member review. I wrote a lengthy review!!

IR-5 for wife's parents:

3 hours ago, Ming said:

Here is my link to my Timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=37301

Scroll down to member review. I wrote a lengthy review!!

okay, will do!

Timeline

Don't worry much, you will be fine! if all other documents are good, the worst case would be they ask him to resubmit  an I-864 original form and then give him the visa, even that wont take long. They wont reject you if only some documents missing. I used scan copy of petitioner signed I-864 form last week , it works for the interview in China.

On 7/26/2018 at 4:11 AM, Sherry_c said:

Twice B2 visa rejection isn't a problem, they rejected him probably because it looked like he wants to immigrate to US not just to visit,  so CR1 is the right one. Also you have enough proof about marriage!

thank you! 

My husband finally made it !!!!:jest:

Timeline
On 7/27/2018 at 5:49 PM, S20181314 said:

thank you! 

My husband finally made it !!!!:jest:

Congratulate! Now you can get a good night sleep! :dance: :joy:

IR-5 for wife's parents:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.