Shaup

San Jose Field Office N400 processing times

18 posts in this topic

I’m looking for some information on how long it is taking to complete the US citizenship process (filing/fingerprinting/interview/oath) in San Jose, CA

My status :

1.  ONLINE APPLICATION     around Jan 25, 2018 

2.  FP (Finger Printing)           Feb 21, 2018

3.  Online status says "We reviewed your biometrics"

I'm waiting for interview and trying to see when it would approximately arrive since I need to plan some travel.

If anyone has filed around the same time, could you please update.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I had my bio done yesterday 31st july at San Jose uscis office. I submitted my application under 3 year rule on 15th july. Did you get interview date yet? 

Edited by RAHUL & FLOR
Content

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@Shaup and @RAHUL & FLOR It appears based on 1 data point that it takes around 7 months to get to Interview completion.

Can you please add your info to

Please update your case Google Sheet Based Tracker for San Jose Field Office

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, nikha said:

@Shaup and @RAHUL & FLOR It appears based on 1 data point that it takes around 7 months to get to Interview completion.

Can you please add your info to

Not sure how to add it. Can you send a link or help topic.

Timeline
9 hours ago, RAHUL & FLOR said:

Not sure how to add it. Can you send a link or help topic.

Go to that thread. Reply to the last post with your info in this format

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent....|Cashed..|NOA.....|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.|NBC/IOE
Bella_28.........|02/26/13|01/10/18|01/12/18|01/17/18|02/05/18|06/25/18|06/30/18|07/30/18|--/--/--|San Jose, CA.|

This is just an example, instead of Bella_28, put your info and reply to the thread and then either me or @Bandaria or someone in the thread will update the whole table

Hope this helps

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

• 1 month later...
Timeline
19 hours ago, Shaup said:

Small update to those of following SJC field office, just an update from people I know.

Filing date : Jan 25 -> Interview date : 8/15

Filing date : Feb 10 -> Interview date : 10/02

Filing date : Feb 24 -> Interview date : 10/10

So, March filers should start receiving updates soon.

That's awesome info @Shaup I invite you to be a part of the other thread on San Jose CA tracking and post this info there as well. This will immensely benefit others on that thread.

Edited by nikha
Wording change

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

We recently filed our application online for N-400 and we live in San Jose. So does that mean our processing center will be San Jose, CA?

In the online receipt, at the end of the letter, it shows as 

National Benefits Center
U. S. CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION SVC P.O. BOX 25920
Overland Park KS 66225

Is this generic center info, or will KS be our processing center?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Reposting this..as I forgot to get notified..

Hi

We recently filed our application online for N-400 and we live in San Jose. So does that mean our processing center will be San Jose, CA?

National Benefits Center
Overland Park KS 66225

Please let me know.

Thanks

Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 10:20 PM, Prads said:

Reposting this..as I forgot to get notified..

Hi

National Benefits Center
Overland Park KS 66225

Please let me know.

Thanks

Since you live in San Jose, your field office will be San Jose. Thats where you fingerprinting/interview will happen. Oath happens in Campbell, CA

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @nikha  We got our biometrics done on 10/19 less than a month after filing N-400

We were planning to go out for a visit to Mexico for a week 1st week of Jan, is that okay ?

Dont think the interview date will come so soon but can we travel outside US ?

Please let me know asap as we were planning to book tix tonite. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I just got my child's Interview schedule notice from USCIS San Jose field office, so wanted to share with you all the timelines:

* N400 submitted online:  6/11/2018

* Biometrics Notice:  6/26/2018

* Biometrics Date:  7/5/2018 -> Rescheduled to 7/26/2018

* Interview Notice:  2/14/2019  (Date on Notice of Action: 2/12/2019)

* Interview Date:  3/19/2019

Questions: Can anyone please help answer my questions re: Oath Ceremony?

1) How long did it take from Interview Date to Oath Ceremony Notice + Scheduled Date?

2) I saw online (nolo.com) that Interviewee can "Select" a date for ceremony, sometimes (esp. if choosing btw USCIS location or US Court), is this correct?  

3) If answer is No to 2), then is it possible to reschedule Oath Ceremony IF the date does NOT work (too early)?  In that case, can I designate a preferred date (like I did for the Biometrics appt), or the system randomly picks another date?

I'd appreciate everyone's response, in advance - the more the replies based on experience the better! :)

Thanks and good luck to all!

Timeline

I will add your child's info with your userid in the other thread's excel sheet @dealsurfer

Thanks for the info and data point

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 hours ago, dealsurfer said:

Hi all,

I just got my child's Interview schedule notice from USCIS San Jose field office, so wanted to share with you all the timelines:

* N400 submitted online:  6/11/2018

* Biometrics Notice:  6/26/2018

* Biometrics Date:  7/5/2018 -> Rescheduled to 7/26/2018

* Interview Notice:  2/14/2019  (Date on Notice of Action: 2/12/2019)

* Interview Date:  3/19/2019

Questions: Can anyone please help answer my questions re: Oath Ceremony?

1) How long did it take from Interview Date to Oath Ceremony Notice + Scheduled Date?

2) I saw online (nolo.com) that Interviewee can "Select" a date for ceremony, sometimes (esp. if choosing btw USCIS location or US Court), is this correct?  

3) If answer is No to 2), then is it possible to reschedule Oath Ceremony IF the date does NOT work (too early)?  In that case, can I designate a preferred date (like I did for the Biometrics appt), or the system randomly picks another date?

I'd appreciate everyone's response, in advance - the more the replies based on experience the better! :)

Thanks and good luck to all!

1.  Mine was roughly 4 weeks but that's because I had a pending I-751.

2.  In theory, you can't "select" a date for the ceremony; I believe all the oath ceremonies are conducted at the Heritage Theater in Campbell.

3.  It is possible to reschedule the oath ceremony.  You can get oath ceremony dates here and when you go to the interview, you can request a date if the next available one doesn't work for you.  However, this is subject to the interviewer's discretion and doesn't necessarily mean you will get the date you want because said date might be completely full.  They have 4 different ceremonies in one day with each having slightly over 400 people being sworn in.  With your interview date being 3/19, if all goes well then you'd probably have the ceremony on April 18th.

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.