13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know this has been addressed a little while back, but I'm hoping for some current information on how long medical appointments are taking to get into at Knightsbridge. Is there anybody who has booked an appointment this week, or last week?? Are things slowing down a bit now? Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 02/07/2018 at 10:47 PM, Spetty&Wiz said:

I know this has been addressed a little while back, but I'm hoping for some current information on how long medical appointments are taking to get into at Knightsbridge. Is there anybody who has booked an appointment this week, or last week?? Are things slowing down a bit now? Thanks in advance.

53 minutes ago, 4000mf said:

I’m wondering this myself, we’re just wrapping up with NVC

I would advise calling them now if you have your case number, and calling them just to find out what availability is like.

It has taken 7 weeks from approval to my case being ready at the embassy. One of the ladies here did manage to get a cancellation so now has hers on Monday, but appointments last week were still 27th of July on wards.

My case was "In transit" for 2 weeks, I was able to book both my medical and interview before the status changed to "ready" though. 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

I had to wait around a month between scheduling my medical and actually getting it done and dusted. It sucked because the embassy had a lot of free interview slots in-between the time I was waiting.

K1 Filed – 05/07/17

K1 NOA1 – N0A2 – 02/06/2018 (211 days)

K1 Interview – 04/11/18 – Approved

Visa in Hand – 05/03/18

POE – LAX – 05/16/2018

Married – 06/11/2018

AOS Filed – 06/18/2018

Timeline
5 hours ago, Spetty&Wiz said:

She was able to get an appointment for Saturday the 28th. Hopefully sooner if someone cancels.

the advice they give is apparently to call 3 times a day.

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Timeline

Just completed my Medical all went well next stop is Embassy interview whooooo 

The staff are so friendly everyone from the receptionist to the doctor's and nurses was in and out within 1 hour.

For anyone worrying don't you will be just fine.

Also I can confirm they advise it takes 5 working days for results to reach embassy however the results are biked to the US Embassy. 

So the USA embassy advises them they need 2 days to get the results to the relevant department ontop of the 5 so allow 7 working days before attending interview. Im going to allow 2 weeks to give myself time to prep and ensure the results are there. 

Good luck everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi to anyone who can help!

I really need some clarification as to how best to obtain my UK NHS medical reports/records that are acceptable by the Knightsbridge clinic.

I have read and heard lots of conflicting options from various places (including my GP).

When I asked my Doctors surgery, they said I had to fill out a Subject Access request form (SAR) which provides a copy of your medical records in a minimum of 5 days, maximum of 21 days. They said this would cost £10 and any extra pages would cost more, but that they would contact me with the total price when it had been copied. 

I have read on here that a Summary Care records (SCR) is acceptable by the Knightsbridge clinic and that this can be obtained by logging online with a username and password that your doctors surgery can provide within as little as an hour. 

Does anyone have any advice as to which is the best, quickest and most accepted option to provide for the medical examination. 

Thanks in advance!! :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Spetty&Wiz said:

I really need some clarification as to how best to obtain my UK NHS medical reports/records that are acceptable by the Knightsbridge clinic.

I have read and heard lots of conflicting options from various places (including my GP).

When I asked my Doctors surgery, they said I had to fill out a Subject Access request form (SAR) which provides a copy of your medical records in a minimum of 5 days, maximum of 21 days. They said this would cost £10 and any extra pages would cost more, but that they would contact me with the total price when it had been copied. 

I have read on here that a Summary Care records (SCR) is acceptable by the Knightsbridge clinic and that this can be obtained by logging online with a username and password that your doctors surgery can provide within as little as an hour. 

Does anyone have any advice as to which is the best, quickest and most accepted option to provide for the medical examination. 

Hey There,

I had my medical and i did it the way below that and they accepted it just fine.

I arranged a visit with my Doctor, he went through my medical records printed a complete medical summary.  and a patient summary. 

He did mention to me that the receptionists at my local GP surgery. Can print out a patient summary report this will be a few pages long and show all of the immunizations that you have had. MMR, etc 

You do not need a SAR or have to pay £10.  

This is officially what the Visa Medial need for the appointment / their instructions 

Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. This is a new requirement and may not yet be added to the checklist online or the US EMBASSY LONDON website.
We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of the appointment.

Ask your GP for a Patient Summary/Care Summary.

*** However please note that if you have had any major health issues. or Mental health issues then you will need to get a more in-depth report. especially any cases of self harm or harm to others. As the US Government will want your doctors to write a report  to show that you are not a danger to yourself or to a member of the public otherwise this could delay your process please see this thread below for more details as some other members have some good advice on this. ****

Good Luck with everything and God speed! 

Gama

Edited by Gama

Timeline
17 hours ago, Spetty&Wiz said:

• 8 months later...

Waited on hold 1.5 hours today for appointment, finally hung up, was caller #2 for over 30 minutes.  Anyone else have extremely long wait times when scheduling medical exam??  Was not expecting this but every step of the way the waits just get longer 😞

15 hours ago, Karen and John G said:

Waited on hold 1.5 hours today for appointment, finally hung up, was caller #2 for over 30 minutes.  Anyone else have extremely long wait times when scheduling medical exam??  Was not expecting this but every step of the way the waits just get longer 😞

Initially I was on hold around 15-30 minutes then had to call back the next day as I misplaced the case number.... 1 hour 45 minute call that time 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

very strange, i was straight through. I think if youre waiting for an extended period it could be a sign that the staff that deals with it are on break. I have this experience with my local GP office, i would sit and wait for ages before giving up, then if i call later on in the mid afternoon the call is answered relatively quickly, so its my guess theyre on break but dont inform us that its best not to call during that time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.