3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys i have a question for you all. My wife came to the USA on the K1 visa we got married on June 15th 2018 and her children are to follow under the k2 visas ages 3 and 6. If my wife does not receive the advance parole permission to travel is it possible for me to travel to the philippines and return with the children and if so what permissions would i need to bring with me. We have family taking care of them now and they will be utilizing the special power of attorney that we are providing for them to go to the medical and the interview they already have their passports. We just need to know if there is anything i need from my wife (Permission from her for the kids to travel with me) or special paper work for when we are departing the philippines. We are hoping the advance parole with happen before the time limit but we need to have a back up plan just in case any suggestions are welcome. The kids father is not active in their care. Thank you in advance

I think your question is more for a lawyer from the Philippines. It will depend on what type of paperwork children need to leave the country without the parent and whether your wife has sole custody of them. 

The fact that the father does not actively care for them is not the issue. The issue is whether she has custody of them and has paperwork to back that up. She needs that in order to move them to another country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.