Habibati & Habibi

What is the most efficient way to contact USCIS offices?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi

I would like to inquire about my case status, there is no update about my three cases EAD , AP, AOS since a while

what is the best way to inquire about my case I do case status check online it says we dont recognize the receipt number

I made a case inquiry they said your case is still  in the normal processing time

can you help please?

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Habibati & Habibi said:

Hi

I would like to inquire about my case status, there is no update about my three cases EAD , AP, AOS since a while

what is the best way to inquire about my case I do case status check online it says we dont recognize the receipt number

I made a case inquiry they said your case is still  in the normal processing time

can you help please?

High possibilities that  you might get and Interview for AOS before they even issue EAD/AP combo. And yes, your case still few months old and compare to other cases you case is within normal processing. But you can make info pass appointment at your local USCIS. 

Timeline

thanks for the reply

I had AOS interview last May 30 and they RFE about varicella vaccines and I submitted the new I-693 form right after I did did the medical but whenever I check my case status it did not show if they get my documents or they did work on my case or whatever, there is no up date and my receipt number is not recognized at all , why ?

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Habibati & Habibi said:

thanks for the reply

I had AOS interview last May 30 and they RFE about varicella vaccines and I submitted the new I-693 form right after I did did the medical but whenever I check my case status it did not show if they get my documents or they did work on my case or whatever, there is no up date and my receipt number is not recognized at all , why ?

The best way is to make info pass appointment. They are not much help when you call the help line. 

Maybe someone can give me an advice...

On Feb 8th, 2018 I got Notices of Action from USCIS that they received my petitions (  I-485, I-765, and I-131)

After this, I created my account on USCIS website and saw the list of my three cases: I-485, I-765, and I-131. The status for each was clear and informed me that USCIS got my papers on the 8th of Feb.

Later the status of my I-485 petition disappeared and I could see only statuses of my I-131, I-765 petitions. However, my I-485 petition was still in "My cases" list, just blank.

I tried to check my status online billion times but it always was an error!

I called USCIS 3 times to inquire about my case status but they said NOTHING!! NOT HEHPFUL at all!! They could not see the status of my case either, and said to wait 30 days, then to wait 45 days etc.

Today I signed into my account and saw that my I-485 case vanished even from "My cases" list!!!! It looks like I have never filed this petition!!!!

I panicked. Decided to make an appointment (InfoPass) but when I chose necessary office on USCIS website(to see working hours), I saw: ATTENTION: This USCIS office is temporarily not accepting walk-in requests or scheduling InfoPass appointments for information services. 

I don't have any other USCIS offices close to me, moreover, each office has Service area. So I guess if I go to another office in another city, they will not talk to me.

What should I do now? Any suggestions?

I am so sad and frustrated

Timeline
1 hour ago, Matiola said:

Maybe someone can give me an advice...

On Feb 8th, 2018 I got Notices of Action from USCIS that they received my petitions (  I-485, I-765, and I-131)

After this, I created my account on USCIS website and saw the list of my three cases: I-485, I-765, and I-131. The status for each was clear and informed me that USCIS got my papers on the 8th of Feb.

Later the status of my I-485 petition disappeared and I could see only statuses of my I-131, I-765 petitions. However, my I-485 petition was still in "My cases" list, just blank.

I tried to check my status online billion times but it always was an error!

I called USCIS 3 times to inquire about my case status but they said NOTHING!! NOT HEHPFUL at all!! They could not see the status of my case either, and said to wait 30 days, then to wait 45 days etc.

Today I signed into my account and saw that my I-485 case vanished even from "My cases" list!!!! It looks like I have never filed this petition!!!!

I panicked. Decided to make an appointment (InfoPass) but when I chose necessary office on USCIS website(to see working hours), I saw: ATTENTION: This USCIS office is temporarily not accepting walk-in requests or scheduling InfoPass appointments for information services. 

I don't have any other USCIS offices close to me, moreover, each office has Service area. So I guess if I go to another office in another city, they will not talk to me.

What should I do now? Any suggestions?

I am so sad and frustrated

I know few weeks ago I had some issue with not able to log in to my case and kept getting an error. When I called USCIS they said the system maybe being upgraded. Anyways, a week later the case was back to normal and abel to log in.

As far as info pass, same happened here in Los Angeles whenever we wanted to make an appointment. The system will tell no appointment for today or even the next week. Wrong!! We had to check on a daily basis and there was opening available. You just have to keep checking everyday for open appointment, and one will be available. 

1 hour ago, Mmagic said:

I know few weeks ago I had some issue with not able to log in to my case and kept getting an error. When I called USCIS they said the system maybe being upgraded. Anyways, a week later the case was back to normal and abel to log in.

As far as info pass, same happened here in Los Angeles whenever we wanted to make an appointment. The system will tell no appointment for today or even the next week. Wrong!! We had to check on a daily basis and there was opening available. You just have to keep checking everyday for open appointment, and one will be available. 

Thank you for your reply!

I have been having problems with checking the status of my case since March, contact center managers also told me that it was probably some problem with the system but if it is so they even don't try to fix.

I did not have a chance to reach the stage of choosing an available date of an appointment! I just typed in my zip code, the system showed me the office that I need to go and there was this "Attention" warning (I am in San Francisco). Btw, I have tried to find another USCIS field office in another city and it does not have this warning.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Matiola said:

Thank you for your reply!

I have been having problems with checking the status of my case since March, contact center managers also told me that it was probably some problem with the system but if it is so they even don't try to fix.

I did not have a chance to reach the stage of choosing an available date of an appointment! I just typed in my zip code, the system showed me the office that I need to go and there was this "Attention" warning (I am in San Francisco). Btw, I have tried to find another USCIS field office in another city and it does not have this warning.

Oh wow, since March? Have you tried using another browser? How far from SF? I think you have no choice but to find another USCIS office near you beside that one. Sorry to heal all this and I know it can be frustrating but things will work out.

56 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

Oh wow, since March? Have you tried using another browser? How far from SF? I think you have no choice but to find another USCIS office near you beside that one. Sorry to heal all this and I know it can be frustrating but things will work out.

thank you very much for the support! I really appreciate it!

I have just tried in two different browsers - same result(((((

I thought about going to another USCIS field office which is 120 km from my house, but I don't know if they accept me since my county is not in their jurisdiction. It belongs to San Francisco office.

I am especially alerted because I had a situation with fingerprints' capturing. I gave my fingerprints a week earlier than it was specified in USCIS official invitation and I did it in San Francisco office, not in that office that was mentioned in the invitation (another city). Of course, before doing this I had called USCIS help center and asked if it was OK. They said yes. I got a stamp from USCIS that they captured my fingerprints, but initially on the invitation was a phrase "if you fail to come for giving fingerprints, your case will be abandoned". I don't know how their system works, it seems to be pretty chaotic and not very reliable. So, I can not exclude they lost my fingerprints information or abandoned my case because I did not come to the office that was specified in the invitation.

I don't expect my green card any soon, I even have not gotten my work permit and advance parole yet, but it would be good to know that they are processing my case, that it is not abandoned.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Matiola said:

thank you very much for the support! I really appreciate it!

I have just tried in two different browsers - same result(((((

I thought about going to another USCIS field office which is 120 km from my house, but I don't know if they accept me since my county is not in their jurisdiction. It belongs to San Francisco office.

I am especially alerted because I had a situation with fingerprints' capturing. I gave my fingerprints a week earlier than it was specified in USCIS official invitation and I did it in San Francisco office, not in that office that was mentioned in the invitation (another city). Of course, before doing this I had called USCIS help center and asked if it was OK. They said yes. I got a stamp from USCIS that they captured my fingerprints, but initially on the invitation was a phrase "if you fail to come for giving fingerprints, your case will be abandoned". I don't know how their system works, it seems to be pretty chaotic and not very reliable. So, I can not exclude they lost my fingerprints information or abandoned my case because I did not come to the office that was specified in the invitation.

I don't expect my green card any soon, I even have not gotten my work permit and advance parole yet, but it would be good to know that they are processing my case, that it is not abandoned.

USCIS office are all the same and they are out there to serve the applicants no matter what county you are in. I really suggest you make another info pass at that USCIS location in SF and explain to them what happened. They will help you out and find out what is going on. Don't just ignore it. I know its a little far for you, but it would be worth the trip..beside, enjoy the fisherman's wharf and the bay for a day, what the heck, make it a good day at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Mmagic said:

USCIS office are all the same and they are out there to serve the applicants no matter what county you are in. I really suggest you make another info pass at that USCIS location in SF and explain to them what happened. They will help you out and find out what is going on. Don't just ignore it. I know its a little far for you, but it would be worth the trip..beside, enjoy the fisherman's wharf and the bay for a day, what the heck, make it a good day at the same time. 

oh, actually SF field office is quite close to me) and I go to SF three times a week. However, exactly SF office has this warning that they don't accept walk-ins. Another office in another city seems to accept visitors. 

I think USCIS offices are not the same... there are at least three USCIS offices in SF but one of them is Field office and two others are Application support centers. As I got it to make an appointment I need to go to Field office not to Support Centers.

I called Contact Center today and they give me a link where I can send a request for an appointment. I did it and now waiting for a call from an officer. If i don't get this call within a week, I will definitely go to some USCIS office after the 4th of July.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Matiola said:

oh, actually SF field office is quite close to me) and I go to SF three times a week. However, exactly SF office has this warning that they don't accept walk-ins. Another office in another city seems to accept visitors. 

I think USCIS offices are not the same... there are at least three USCIS offices in SF but one of them is Field office and two others are Application support centers. As I got it to make an appointment I need to go to Field office not to Support Centers.

I called Contact Center today and they give me a link where I can send a request for an appointment. I did it and now waiting for a call from an officer. If i don't get this call within a week, I will definitely go to some USCIS office after the 4th of July.

Cool, just find any field office you can book an appointment with. I am sure they will find an answer to your case. Hope the officer will call you with a date, if not just try online with any field office around you. Good luck, keep us posted. 

17 hours ago, Mmagic said:

Cool, just find any field office you can book an appointment with. I am sure they will find an answer to your case. Hope the officer will call you with a date, if not just try online with any field office around you. Good luck, keep us posted. 

thank you!

I got an answer from USCIS. It is not helpful at all.:angry::(:o

This is what they sent me:

Thank you for your inquiry dated June 28, 2018.

About scheduling an appointment:

We reviewed your inquiry and believe your question can be addressed by the tools and resources available at www.uscis.gov/tools. Our tools web page offers more than 20 easy-to-use resources including case status, online filing, address changes, case processing times, and practice civics tests. These free tools are available 24/7 from any computer or mobile device so you can get what you need without leaving your home.

If you try our tools page and still need help, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (Hearing Impaired TDD: 1-800-767-1833).

We hope this information is helpful.

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 6.51.52 PM.png

Edited by Matiola

Timeline

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it,However when I had the interview I asked the interviewing officer after she was done with us to check the status of my EAD and AP from here computer , so she did try and then said Ahhh I cannot log in to check your status because our system is down since a long time and we did not fix it yet.

she said if we have anything we will let you know by mail dont worry.

so yes there is a system down and no one want to speak about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.