Lamees Mohamed

Stamped Documents

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

We are preparing out documents for our interview in the American Embassy in Cairo , We have been already done with the USCIS and the NVC as an Expedited Case , So my question is should we translate the police record and the birth certificate only or we have to stamp it from the ministry of foreign affairs ? we have tried to contact the embassy with no answer till this morning and the Agent told us that we do not  have to even translate it which i doubt . please advice if anyone went through this . 

TIA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am at the NVC portion of this journey. My husband is in Iraq. I spoke with a fantastic woman the other day at NVC. She said he will not need translations for embassy since it is located in Baghdad Iraq. I plan on emailing to confirm, but if you spoke to embassy and that was their answer, I would take their word. If you truly feel uneasy bring translations anyways. Worst thing is you dont need them and you carried a few extra papers to your interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Most of the time Embassies don’t require translation of the documents if they are either in the official language of the country the embassy is located in or in English. So if the documents are in Arabic you don’t need to translate it as embassy representative told you.  

But if you have some criminal charges on police record with court decisions they usually have to be translated in English

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.