HelpneededJessica

waiting for denial letter/in progress/CR-1 visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Frist I want to say thanks in advanced if anyone can help us, or give advice, or updates in what they have in countered or experienced after a denial process, and 2 expedites with a lawyer involved with her first denial case.   

I can post step by step if needed for our case, but will get straight to the point in what’s happening in my husband’s case that’s been going on for almost 3 years this August/2018.

His interview was October/2016 and was denied as my family was unable to attend our wedding due to parent’s medical conditions and family working hospital jobs and not getting them all off at the same time. Wanting to have a wedding here in the US once he came here.

After interview they told us to wait up to 6 months for the denial letter in the mail and our lawyer would know what to do with it. Here we are 20 months after still waiting for the letter. With 2 attempts to try to expedite his case.

Has anyone been through and experienced this as well? If so what did you have to do and go through?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Good day:

Since the time frame passed the Petitioner should reach out to their local US Senator's office for assistance. This is what helped us to get the case moving again. 

Timeline

Hello:

That is exactly what our lawyer did was reach out to the state congressman with hopes of expediting his case.

Final result from USCIS was wait your turn... Still waiting

Timeline

That is exactly what happened to us. It was around six months after inquiry before receiving NOIR (notice of intent to revoke) with explanation.  We responded but got denied. Filed appeal and won. So unfortunately it's all a waiting game. 

Timeline

So your wait was only 6 months, which is the waiting period for NOIR. I'm saying we have been waiting 20 months for our NOIR letter...And still nothing. His online case file for the USCIS says expiring soon

not sure what that exactly means... Our lawyer says not to worry about it saying that. Our lawyer of 18 years is very inexperienced with a denial case being her first one. She hasn't been very helpful through this whole process.

Looking back wish I would have got a different one with more years and experience with denials. Also looking back and talking with other people she should of had us file differently as well.

Timeline

Yes. That's correct.  I contacted my US Senator after the 180 days passed. I signed a release allowing the Senator's office to inquire about our case. This started April 2017. I received Noir the week of Thanksgiving 2017 giving us 60 days to reply. Of course I responded quickly but still denied. After receiving revocation notice there was only a 30 day window to appeal. This all happened during the Christmas and New Year Holidays. We got focused and by God's grace we were able to successfully get the denial overturned. Now waiting on embassy to schedule second interview. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/23/2018 at 11:47 AM, JackandRed said:

Yes. That's correct.  I contacted my US Senator after the 180 days passed. I signed a release allowing the Senator's office to inquire about our case. This started April 2017. I received Noir the week of Thanksgiving 2017 giving us 60 days to reply. Of course I responded quickly but still denied. After receiving revocation notice there was only a 30 day window to appeal. This all happened during the Christmas and New Year Holidays. We got focused and by God's grace we were able to successfully get the denial overturned. Now waiting on embassy to schedule second interview. 

Please what was the issues they found with your case I mean what was the things you needed to respond to i am in the same boat been waiting to get noir or reaffirmed since April 2017 thank you for reply

Edited by Joetan
Grammar

Timeline
On 6/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, HelpneededJessica said:

Frist I want to say thanks in advanced if anyone can help us, or give advice, or updates in what they have in countered or experienced after a denial process, and 2 expedites with a lawyer involved with her first denial case.   

I can post step by step if needed for our case, but will get straight to the point in what’s happening in my husband’s case that’s been going on for almost 3 years this August/2018.

His interview was October/2016 and was denied as my family was unable to attend our wedding due to parent’s medical conditions and family working hospital jobs and not getting them all off at the same time. Wanting to have a wedding here in the US once he came here.

After interview they told us to wait up to 6 months for the denial letter in the mail and our lawyer would know what to do with it. Here we are 20 months after still waiting for the letter. With 2 attempts to try to expedite his case.

Has anyone been through and experienced this as well? If so what did you have to do and go through?

Yes  unfortunately I am in the same boat with you my husband went for his interview October 2016 they held the case for almost 6 months before sending it back to USCIS USCIS received it April 10th 2017 since then I have not heard anything I have done several Senator inquiries and they just sent back blanket statements saying they are working on the case and they don't have any Pacific time frame to get back with me calling the USCIS call center is a waste of time you don't get no information even when I get transfer to a level 2 supervisor the last time I called customer service to find out about what's going on with the case I was told to focus on raising my daughter that I have with my husband and when they get to my case they'll let me know and the lady hung up on me I was not rude in fact I was humbling begging for answers and bit emotional. I really understand your frustration I'm just praying that we get a breakthrough soon I hope other people can chip in on this conversation because I'm a bit lost myself oh and one last thing the last time I receive something was back in June from my Senator inquiry it stated that my case was undergoing extensive supervisor review I asked the lady at the senator office what that meant she said based on her experience I should not read much into the wording it just meant they had a heavy backlog of cases that has been returned this is all the information I have let's pray and hope God intervenes

Timeline
6 hours ago, Joetan said:

Please what was the issues they found with your case I mean what was the things you needed to respond to i am in the same boat been waiting to get noir or reaffirmed since April 2017 thank you for reply

Good day:

The Noir consisted of two issues....one the consulate did not believe that marriage was bona fide and we did not provide a certified copy of an essential document. We were still revoked. Filed Eoir 29 (the appeal) and won.  Case reaffirmed now just waiting for second interview. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, JackandRed said:

Good day:

The Noir consisted of two issues....one the consulate did not believe that marriage was bona fide and we did not provide a certified copy of an essential document. We were still revoked. Filed Eoir 29 (the appeal) and won.  Case reaffirmed now just waiting for second interview. 

How long did it take for uscis to send you noir and was it a cost for appeal and how long did it take for appeal.thank you

Timeline

Hello,
We are still waiting for my husbands  NOIR letter from the USCIS, been 21 months now.
With no signs of hope of it coming soon.!.
We are planing to possibly file a federal lawsuit soon if it doesn't come.

Timeline
12 hours ago, HelpneededJessica said:

Hello,
We are still waiting for my husbands  NOIR letter from the USCIS, been 21 months now.
With no signs of hope of it coming soon.!.
We are planing to possibly file a federal lawsuit soon if it doesn't come.

Im so sorry im in same. Boat i have done info pass no luck,quiet a few senator inquiry no luck, level two supervisors at uscis call center no luck. 

Question how do you file lawsuit whats the process for that thanks for replying

Timeline

Hello, 

May I ask what number you called to reach them.?.
Our lawyer told us that calling and emailing won't help or get you anywhere.
They don't care and you're wasting their time I was told.
First, of all we tried to expedited his case twice due to my medical issues.
You have to fall under 3-4 reasons in their categories to expedite.
Even after having medical notes from my doctors no luck. The last letter basically stated wait your turn! 
For the federal law suit it is very costly. Lawyer says to start paper work alone is $4,000-$6,000.!. She currently is checking into this for us and what the process entails exactly. So just waiting to hear back from her...

Timeline
6 hours ago, HelpneededJessica said:

Hello, 

May I ask what number you called to reach them.?.
Our lawyer told us that calling and emailing won't help or get you anywhere.
They don't care and you're wasting their time I was told.
First, of all we tried to expedited his case twice due to my medical issues.
You have to fall under 3-4 reasons in their categories to expedite.
Even after having medical notes from my doctors no luck. The last letter basically stated wait your turn! 
For the federal law suit it is very costly. Lawyer says to start paper work alone is $4,000-$6,000.!. She currently is checking into this for us and what the process entails exactly. So just waiting to hear back from her...

have you tried the ombudsman's office I have not contacted them but I was reading on the site where people said they have contacted their office to investigate the long wait i need to find post about this

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.