Rameda

Police Certificate for Mexico city

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The Mexico government requires a letter from the government agency (NVC?)  to write a letter of request in order to obtain the police certificate. 

Please let me know what you used for that requirement?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola Rameda,

Read this thread that I started in 2017 regarding obtaining a police certificate in Mexico.  Buen suerte 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

In 2017 we obtained the police certificate on the same day In Guadalajara. No USA (NVC) letter was asked for or required. Will he be obtaining it in CDMX? I would expect he will not have any problem or difficulty.   

Timeline
1 hour ago, MXcompadre said:

In 2017 we obtained the police certificate on the same day In Guadalajara. No USA (NVC) letter was asked for or required. Will he be obtaining it in CDMX? I would expect he will not have any problem or difficulty.   

Yes he will be obtaining it in CDMX.  It's just for NVC civil documents.  Hopefully we get our case/invoice number next week.  Right now I am in Mexico city so that's why I want to get it done before I go back to USA for NVC part.

You can obtain one from the Federal Police (which can take up to 15 days to be ready for pickup) or from the State Police (which will be ready the same day, often in a manner of minutes).

It is unfortunate but most workers including managers at the various police agencies are not accustomed to releasing a "Police Certificate" for the purpose of you immigrating to the US.
Literally we had to call the Assistant Director for State Police in Mexicali, Baja California, explain what we needed, and she called the local office we were at.

After checking the ID, scanning the finger for a print, and taking a photo, they issued us a simple letter without a photo in a manner of minutes. Cost was about 180 MXN.

Good luck!

Timeline
1 minute ago, ItsSunny2Day said:

You can obtain one from the Federal Police (which can take up to 15 days to be ready for pickup) or from the State Police (which will be ready the same day, often in a manner of minutes).

It is unfortunate but most workers including managers at the various police agencies are not accustomed to releasing a "Police Certificate" for the purpose of you immigrating to the US.
Literally we had to call the Assistant Director for State Police in Mexicali, Baja California, explain what we needed, and she called the local office we were at.

After checking the ID, scanning the finger for a print, and taking a photo, they issued us a simple letter without a photo in a manner of minutes. Cost was about 180 MXN.

Good luck!

Any chance you have the number?  so my hubby can call them for the State Police?  I can't speak spanish unfortunately.  

14 minutes ago, Rameda said:

Any chance you have the number?  so my hubby can call them for the State Police?  I can't speak spanish unfortunately.  

At my finger tips no. Google: secretaria de seguridad publica de <insert CDMX or DF>

When your husband calls, he only needs to ask, if that location issues a "Police Certificate" for Uber drivers. 

He needs to just walk in, pay the fee at the ATM type machine, and show the sample "Police Certificate".

I will send you a PM now with my email address. Write me and I will response with a photo of the one we recently obtained.

Edited: saw that you posted CDMX

Edited by ItsSunny2Day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, Rameda said:

The Mexico government requires a letter from the government agency (NVC?)  to write a letter of request in order to obtain the police certificate. 

Please let me know what you used for that requirement?

Hi in my State Nuevo Leon they asked me also the Consulate letter where they ask me of the police certificate, I gave them the NOA2, the Consulate letter with the instructions for interview and the letter with the Requeriments that letter I dowload of Juarez Consulate internet page.  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

Hi in my State Nuevo Leon they asked me also the Consulate letter where they ask me of the police certificate, I gave them the NOA2, the Consulate letter with the instructions for interview and the letter with the Requeriments that letter I dowload of Juarez Consulate internet page.  

Thanks my hubby used that interview checklist from mexico consulate website too and told them that it is for visa and the US doesn't write a letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.