Mrs Burton

Expedite approved

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lovemyhusband said:

I got my NVC expedite approved today.  Mrs Taylor what happened next for you - I went online and paid but I am thinking that I did that wrong because I should have waited for the Embassy.  You and I are both at the Ja Embassy and I see you also got an NVC Expedite so any help on next steps will help.

Did you receive your case number and invoice number already from NVC 

Timeline
Just now, Mrs Taylor said:

Did you receive your case number and invoice number already from NVC 

Yes I received it today and went online and paid on the NVC site.  Not sure if that was correct since it is the Embassy that is handling...any guidance will help

Timeline
Just now, Lovemyhusband said:

Yes I received it today and went online and paid on the NVC site.  Not sure if that was correct since it is the Embassy that is handling...any guidance will help

Don’t worry about pay any fees on the ceac website, If you already paid the $120 they will reject it. The case will electronically be sent to the Jamaican Embassy once it’s there you will have to go back in the ceac website and Change something on the DS 261 and once you do that it should say completed then you can complete the DS 260 once you’ve completed that and printed the cover sheet email the embassy let them know you’ve completed the DS 260 and they will schedule an interview date for your husband

3 minutes ago, Lovemyhusband said:

Only thing your husband needs to pay for is the DS 260 and he has to take the cash with him to his interview

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lovemyhusband said:

Did you already complete The DS261 choice of agent?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrs Taylor said:

Don’t worry about pay any fees on the ceac website, If you already paid the $120 they will reject it. The case will electronically be sent to the Jamaican Embassy once it’s there you will have to go back in the ceac website and Change something on the DS 261 and once you do that it should say completed then you can complete the DS 260 once you’ve completed that and printed the cover sheet email the embassy let them know you’ve completed the DS 260 and they will schedule an interview date for your husband

What about submitting all of the civil documents??? do I send the to Jamaica with the AOS fee and other stuff

1 minute ago, Mrs Taylor said:

Did you already complete The DS261 choice of agent?

Yes I am the agent

Timeline

What about submitting all of the civil documents??? do I send the to Jamaica with the AOS fee and other stuff

Yes I am the agent

OK does it say completed

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lovemyhusband said:

Yes I am the agent

You’re going to say in all of the documents that your husband need to him and Jamaica but wait until you get the interview letter before you send off that package with the documents because he will need to interview a letter to do with medical and you’re going to the embassy unless he has a printer where he can print the letter all via email

Timeline

Yes it says completed.  BTW thank you :)

OK now that it’s completed try to see if you can complete the DS 260 it should be open and look at the top and see if it says it’s at NVC or if it says it’s in Kingston and you’re welcome

Timeline

OK now that it’s completed try to see if you can complete the DS 260 it should be open and look at the top and see if it says it’s at NVC or if it says it’s in Kingston and you’re welcome

Its locked.  I cannot complete at this time

Timeline

NVC should’ve given you a email kingstoniv@state.gov) for the embassy if not once you’ve completed the DS 260 email them and let them know that you’ve completed it and put your case number and invoice number in the subject line

2 minutes ago, Lovemyhusband said:

Its locked.  I cannot complete at this time

Does it say your case is that NVC or Kingston 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mrs Taylor said:

NVC should’ve given you a email kingstoniv@state.gov) for the embassy if not once you’ve completed the DS 260 email them and let them know that you’ve completed it and put your case number and invoice number in the subject line

Does it say your case is that NVC or Kingston 

NVC it only got approved today

Timeline

70EEFD5A-BCB7-4FB8-B8F3-18648A34FEC2.jpeg

Keep an on it there one on likely going to send it tomorrow,If not call NVC and let them know that it needs to be sent to the embassy it’s going to be sent electronically and once it’s changed to where it says your case is currently at Kingston go back into the DS 261 and just take out like I need his name and put it back and then resubmit the DS 261 and signit n complete it. Then go to the DS 260 and it will let you get into it

Timeline

Keep an on it there one on likely going to send it tomorrow,If not call NVC and let them know that it needs to be sent to the embassy it’s going to be sent electronically and once it’s changed to where it says your case is currently at Kingston go back into the DS 261 and just take out like I need his name and put it back and then resubmit the DS 261 and signit n complete it. Then go to the DS 260 and it will let you get into it

Just go into the DS 261 once it’s been sent to the embassy and just Remove an email address and put back the same thing and then save it and is going to have a new date on it and then it will open the DS 260 that’s what I had to do because I was stuck in the same place where I did the DS 261 and I couldn’t do the DS 260 and I had to call NVC in a nice gentleman told me to just change something in the DS 261 save it completed it has a brand new date on it and then it opened a DS 260 is very tricky

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.