Amnazaid

moving case to home country (split topic)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 2/20/2018 at 9:30 AM, matthewskin said:

Ahh. I wasn't aware of the legal residence requirement, though it makes sense. It looks like we'll have no option but to wait in the dark. Thanks for your quick answer! 

Can you please help me..!! 

I live in saudia and applied for k1 visa feb 2018. Basically i am pakistani and i wrote them letter to transfer my k1 to my home country.. but they didn’t reply me. And i am still watint for noa2 and reply from uscis..! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 8:07 PM, Amnazaid said:

Can you please help me..!! 

I live in saudia and applied for k1 visa feb 2018. Basically i am pakistani and i wrote them letter to transfer my k1 to my home country.. but they didn’t reply me. And i am still watint for noa2 and reply from uscis..! 

Just change your address. They go by current address. My fiance lived in the uk when we filed the fiance petition but he wanted to complete the process from pakistan. When it got to NVC they didn't go by what embassy we had chosen but his current address. So you need to be living in pakistan and then change your address as soon as possible even before your get your noa2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Posts split into separate thread.~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, Sarac9 said:

Just change your address. They go by current address. My fiance lived in the uk when we filed the fiance petition but he wanted to complete the process from pakistan. When it got to NVC they didn't go by what embassy we had chosen but his current address. So you need to be living in pakistan and then change your address as soon as possible even before your get your noa2

What do u mean do she need to go first in pakistan bfore changing the address??? 

Im in current situation.. Im here in saudi and still waiting for noa2 but i will fo to pholippines by august.. When should i change my address and how

1 hour ago, Jasmine08 said:

What do u mean do she need to go first in pakistan bfore changing the address??? 

Im in current situation.. Im here in saudi and still waiting for noa2 but i will fo to pholippines by august.. When should i change my address and how

Ohh i thought that you were also from pakistan lol 

My bad

So you have to move to Philippines to change your address. Or if you want to wait until noa2 then you need to contact NVC right away to change the address..but the only thing is NVC wont know until they get your approved noa2 from uscis. And depending on who you speak to on the phone they might or might not change your adress and ask you to inquire using their asknvc email system but that could take a while to respond back because once they recieve your case they create a case number within hours.

I recommend 

1)moving to Philippine before noa2 and changing your address at uscis stage 

2)having the medical and interview in saudi arabia

3) or contacting NVC as soon as you are approved and ask them to change the address after your noa2

It doesn't matter what embassy you specified on your petition, the case is forwarded to the embassy where your current address is....

** embassy transfer can take up to 8 weeks.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Ohh i thought that you were also from pakistan lol 

My bad

So you have to move to Philippines to change your address. Or if you want to wait until noa2 then you need to contact NVC right away to change the address..but the only thing is NVC wont know until they get your approved noa2 from uscis. And depending on who you speak to on the phone they might or might not change your adress and ask you to inquire using their asknvc email system but that could take a while to respond back because once they recieve your case they create a case number within hours.

I recommend 

1)moving to Philippine before noa2 and changing your address at uscis stage 

2)having the medical and interview in saudi arabia

3) or contacting NVC as soon as you are approved and ask them to change the address after your noa2

It doesn't matter what embassy you specified on your petition, the case is forwarded to the embassy where your current address is....

** embassy transfer can take up to 8 weeks.

Hi..  I cant do interview nad mwdical here coa i already booked a ticket goin back to my country.  My flight will be in august...  But i still waiting for my noa2 146 days now...  If i leave saudi noa2 still not coming  i ll change my adress in uscis..  If i receive noa2 before i go i will call nvc to change... Or worst.. Transfee of nvc disnt accpt. 

7 hours ago, Jasmine08 said:

Hi..  I cant do interview nad mwdical here coa i already booked a ticket goin back to my country.  My flight will be in august...  But i still waiting for my noa2 146 days now...  If i leave saudi noa2 still not coming  i ll change my adress in uscis..  If i receive noa2 before i go i will call nvc to change... Or worst.. Transfee of nvc disnt accpt. 

Its taking 6 to 7 months for everyone to get their noa2. 

So August makes 6 months for you...so you might not get your noa2 by then..so that might work in your favor. 

But have your fiance call NVC now and find out

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Its taking 6 to 7 months for everyone to get their noa2. 

So August makes 6 months for you...so you might not get your noa2 by then..so that might work in your favor. 

But have your fiance call NVC now and find out

Notvyet because they said that we can call NVC onky if we get our noa2. So is it possible to change my address while the papers is stil in USCIS?  Before getting noa2? Because by august maybe we stilp not get that..  Bec. If we get we will call NVC but if not is it possible change afdress to uscis? 

47 minutes ago, Jasmine08 said:

Notvyet because they said that we can call NVC onky if we get our noa2. So is it possible to change my address while the papers is stil in USCIS?  Before getting noa2? Because by august maybe we stilp not get that..  Bec. If we get we will call NVC but if not is it possible change afdress to uscis? 

Yea! Changing address while at uscis is easier than at nvc

The issue is that the I-129F is the petitioner's form. My understanding is that the COA application is to only apply to the filer's (petitoner's here) information.

But yes it is worth a try nonetheless.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

They said that changing address while in administrative process is only for petitioner... 

Not sure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.