lenasophia

Question/Clarification about Addresses

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi, all!! I am looking for insight/advice about what to put for my address history. I am the petitioner (US citizen).

The past five years I have lived at various addresses including with my father in Kentucky, alone in Chicago, and alone in Buenos Aires. I still live in Buenos Aires studying for a Masters, and will move back to KY with my fiancé once approved.

My question is, how do I clarify all of this without it being confusing/suspicious for whoever reviews my life? What I mean is:

1) Some of my dates overlap; for example, my dad still had his house when I lived in Chicago. He still has his house (my USA address) while I live in Argentina. Should I only put the dates that I lived in his house, or the dates that he actually has owned the houses?

2) How do I communicate that my mailing address is in Argentina where I currently reside, but we DO indeed have a permanent residence in the USA where we will live when we arrive there?

3) Should I include an extra letter of clarification explaining all of this, that I have a permanent address in the USA but I am currently getting a degree abroad?

I really appreciate any insight on this. Obviously I do not want a simple mistake of clarification to jeopardize our petition.

Thank you so much to all in advance!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't over think this.

Just list addresses as to when you physically lived there. You can specify you currently live in Argentina, no issues.

For mailing address in the US you can use your dad's residence that way USCIS and NVC have somewhere to mail the NOA's and any RFE's (if you get any that is).

Yes also you need to be able to show later on at the interview that you have residence in the US.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Don't over think this.

Just list addresses as to when you physically lived there. You can specify you currently live in Argentina, no issues.

For mailing address in the US you can use your dad's residence that way USCIS and NVC have somewhere to mail the NOA's and any RFE's (if you get any that is).

Yes also you need to be able to show later on at the interview that you have residence in the US.

This is very helpful, thank you! Can I also put my current Argentine address as my mailing address to receive those documents, or does it have to be USA?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lenasophia said:

This is very helpful, thank you! Can I also put my current Argentine address as my mailing address to receive those documents, or does it have to be USA?

You can but USCIS and NVC send everything USPS so I would imagine it would take quite awhile for you to receive it plus the chances of it getting lost is probably pretty high. I would use a US address and those documents can be scanned and emailed to you.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

You can but USCIS and NVC send everything USPS so I would imagine it would take quite awhile for you to receive it plus the chances of it getting lost is probably pretty high. I would use a US address and those documents can be scanned and emailed to you.

Perfect. Thank you SO, SO much!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.