35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

I just would like everyone to know, if you are having a AOS interview, be sure you check your MEDICAL EXAM if still valid. If you go to your interview and your Medical Exam is more than ONE YEAR old, you will be issued a RFE. and will be asked to submit new one in sealed envelope. So, save yourself the time and headache, if your expired, find USCIS Civil Surgeon and have another Exam completed, then take the sealed envelope with you to the interview. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

I just would like everyone to know, if you are having a AOS interview, be sure you check your MEDICAL EXAM if still valid. If you go to your interview and your Medical Exam is more than ONE YEAR old, you will be issued a RFE. and will be asked to submit new one in sealed envelope. So, save yourself the time and headache, if your expired, find USCIS Civil Surgeon and have another Exam completed, then take the sealed envelope with you to the interview. 

Does this mean even if your interview notice says "unless already submitted"?I am having an interview this month and I had my Medical Examination in April of 2017. Does this happen to everybody?

Timeline
1 hour ago, thine said:

Does this mean even if your interview notice says "unless already submitted"?I am having an interview this month and I had my Medical Examination in April of 2017. Does this happen to everybody?

Yes, I had the same notice as  you "unless already submitted'  and we even told the officer this is what the notice says, he still said "Your medical expired on March" which is three months ago and I need new one. I suggest you find USCIS Doctor and do the exam and take it with you. By the way, this was the first thing he asked for before he began asking other questions. The interview itself was simple, not too many questions. He just asked for my husband divorce papers, our ids and passports, he asked for evidence and we gave them to him. He made copies of few pictures, asked how we met, what we do , how many kids we have. That was it...he said you are done. He gave us REF for the medical and said just submit it in sealed envelope. 

Edited by Mmagic

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mmagic said:

Yes, I had the same notice as  you "unless already submitted'  and we even told the officer this is what the notice says, he still said "Your medical expired on March" which is three months ago and I need new one. I suggest you find USCIS Doctor and do the exam and take it with you. By the way, this was the first thing he asked for before he began asking other questions. The interview itself was simple, not too many questions. He just asked for my husband divorce papers, our ids and passports, he asked for evidence and we gave them to him. He made copies of few pictures, asked how we met, what we do , how many kids we have. That was it...he said you are done. He gave us REF for the medical and said just submit it in sealed envelope. 

When did you have an interview?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, thine said:

Do you need to have photocopies of each documents?

Yes, you need to make copies of every original document and take the originals with you. Be sure you have copies of the evidence and lots of pictures. They might not look at all of them but you should have them in case they ask for them. Just follow the notice of what they are asking for. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

This is not a new issue. 

I want to also bring up something else.  At our AOS interview we also had to go to the local police station and get a police record (3 bucks) and bring it back in the next day.  That evening we showed "approved".  Just a heads up.  It seems to be inconsistent but it happened to us.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mmagic said:

Yes, you need to make copies of every original document and take the originals with you. Be sure you have copies of the evidence and lots of pictures. They might not look at all of them but you should have them in case they ask for them. Just follow the notice of what they are asking for. 

Do you have to make separate folder for copies and another folder for originals?

I wouldn't go the medical exam again!

We had the same issue, we called the USCIS several times and no one could give us an answer..

Our interview was today for the Greencard and it was approved on spot!

Medical exam was November 2016.

Applied for AOS in April 2017

Greencard Interview June 2018!

Timeline
11 hours ago, thine said:

Do you have to make separate folder for copies and another folder for originals?

I did, I made folder for original and one for copies and used tabs to label each document just to make it easier to find. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, rocknfreak said:

I wouldn't go the medical exam again!

We had the same issue, we called the USCIS several times and no one could give us an answer..

Our interview was today for the Greencard and it was approved on spot!

Medical exam was November 2016.

Applied for AOS in April 2017

Greencard Interview June 2018!

Congratulations! We have the same timeline.Did you have to submit a copy of your medical report?

9 minutes ago, thine said:

Congratulations! We have the same timeline.Did you have to submit a copy of your medical report?

I didn't have a copy of my medical report - no I did not give them my copy.

The doctor who did my medical exam in Germany never gave me a copy of the medical report.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.