Jbon1555

Wrong passport number on appointment confirmation letter

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance has her interview set at the US embassy in Manila. However...the appointment confirmation letter shows the wrong passport number. I've tried contacting the embassy to change it but they say it's too late because the appointment has been approved and they cannot edit it. They advised that  she just show up for the interview and they will give her further guidance once she shows up. I've searched online to see other people who have had this problem with no one post their results. I know there's a chance she could get denied to go in to the interview just want to see if anybody out there has had the same problem and what was the outcome. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You have copies of the original documents you sent in? That way you can prove it wasn't your mistake. 

Also, send in an email or online form so you have their response in writing, otherwise it's just word of mouth.

Edited by fip & jim

Timeline
35 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

You have copies of the original documents you sent in? That way you can prove it wasn't your mistake. 

Also, send in an email or online form so you have their response in writing, otherwise it's just word of mouth.

I did everything online and talked to someone on the phone about the issue and they basically said to just come in on the interview date and see what happens. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, fip & jim said:

Take the proof to the interview to cover any eventuality. The person letting your fiance in to the embassy won't know the background. Better to be safe. 

What proof are you talking about? She has all of her papers and they're all good as far as the passport number and any other information she went to Rapid Visa today so they could look over her stuff before the interview they said everything was good to go the only issue was that passport number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jbon1555 said:

I've tried contacting the embassy to change it but they say it's too late because the appointment has been approved and they cannot edit it. They advised that  she just show up for the interview and they will give her further guidance once she shows up.

That proof.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jbon1555 said:

I dont have any of that...my fiance just noticed that the passport number is actually my passport number...#######..I know I didn't type mine in her spot. 

Much ado about nothing, everything can be corrected at the interview

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.