80 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 8/10/2018 at 11:55 PM, cynmarchoa said:

Thank you so much! And congratulations! We finally got our approval notice today so now the wait begins. Our attorney is sending the affidavit of support and everything else off Monday. 

How long is it good for 6 months or a year

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Honduraswife126 said:

How long is it good for 6 months or a year

I dont know I didnt see an expiration date on it. i’ll have to ask our attorney. I am assuming it is good until they send you an appointment date. I know some people who have waited longer than a year for their appointment.

Timeline

I got my medical examination last Friday with doctors Claudia Bravo at Honduras Medical center, the wait is long for those that have appointment, I lost mine Wednesday due to a mistake in the passport so I had to go back Friday without and appointment, got there at 7:30 am and left the clinic past 8:00 PM.

Got 4 vaccines And physical exam that was L. 6,600.00 that you have to pay at banco Atlántida inside the hospital. then I was sent to the lab for blood work, urine test and x rays for the lungs, you are going to have a witness for the urine test, like watching you pee in the recipient. That was L3,188.00. Total Bill was L 9,788.00 you can pay in dollars or lempiras. Only cash

Timeline
29 minutes ago, GabyC said:

I got my medical examination last Friday with doctors Claudia Bravo at Honduras Medical center, the wait is long for those that have appointment, I lost mine Wednesday due to a mistake in the passport so I had to go back Friday without and appointment, got there at 7:30 am and left the clinic past 8:00 PM.

Got 4 vaccines And physical exam that was L. 6,600.00 that you have to pay at banco Atlántida inside the hospital. then I was sent to the lab for blood work, urine test and x rays for the lungs, you are going to have a witness for the urine test, like watching you pee in the recipient. That was L3,188.00. Total Bill was L 9,788.00 you can pay in dollars or lempiras. Only cash

Question what about the police record dpi can you use your passport to requestcthe police record

On 8/14/2018 at 2:41 AM, Chalanero21 said:

Congratulations!!

Thank you 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Honduraswife126 said:
56 minutes ago, GabyC said:

Question what about the police record dpi can you use your passport to requestcthe police record

Yes you can use your passport because has their cedula number (like usa ss #)

We had to have a friend take in a copy to dpi for us because the nvc required it before they sent the case to the embassy. You can get a lawyer to get it for you if you don't have a family member to get it for you.

Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 8:51 AM, cynmarchoa said:

I dont know I didnt see an expiration date on it. i’ll have to ask our attorney. I am assuming it is good until they send you an appointment date. I know some people who have waited longer than a year for their appointment.

As long as you keep contact with the NVC no longer than a year in between corresponding it will stay valid. If you go past a year they will close your case.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Honduraswife126 said:

Thank you 

I am not sure, but it does have the honduran ss# and even more info than the id. Just to be sure take the birth certificate aslo. Both original and photocopy for passport and birth certificate.

Timeline
On 8/19/2018 at 5:38 PM, GabyC said:

Our Interview was Friday 17, visa approved 🎉 

Congratulations!!!

Do you mind sharing a review on what they required at interview extra paperwork etc.

Timeline

Our interview was August 17 at 10:15. The waiting line is outside the embassy. There is a person outside making sure you are in their list and organizing the line. Our time to go in came and first we went thru security like in the airport. No cellphones allowed. Then we went I a big room. Wait in line for an agent to check our paperwork, gave her only what she asked for, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, passports, I have 2, pictures, police certificate, and medical exam. She asked me my address in Honduras and where I intended to live in USA. Our wedding date, my birthday and why I had two passports. At the end she gave us back all the papers that we sent that they no longer needed, and asked us to wait to be called for the interview. Thru a speaker another agent called me, and we went in another room with another agent. First he greet us and asked my husband if he speaks spanish. He doesn't, so the agent said he was going to talk to me in spanish and then repeat in  english, I told him I speak english and he said good i will do the interview in english .He asked us to swear and took my finger prints again. He gave me a paper about domestic violence.

Then he asked:

1. When you got married?

2. Where did you meet?

3. How many time have you entered the USA?

4. Do you have children's? (To the two is us)

5. Have you been arrested by immigration?

6. Have you been arrested by the police?

7. Do you have children? (To me)

Then he said your visa is approved. Congratulations. 

We picked up the packet the next Friday

Timeline
5 hours ago, GabyC said:

Our interview was August 17 at 10:15. The waiting line is outside the embassy. There is a person outside making sure you are in their list and organizing the line. Our time to go in came and first we went thru security like in the airport. No cellphones allowed. Then we went I a big room. Wait in line for an agent to check our paperwork, gave her only what she asked for, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, passports, I have 2, pictures, police certificate, and medical exam. She asked me my address in Honduras and where I intended to live in USA. Our wedding date, my birthday and why I had two passports. At the end she gave us back all the papers that we sent that they no longer needed, and asked us to wait to be called for the interview. Thru a speaker another agent called me, and we went in another room with another agent. First he greet us and asked my husband if he speaks spanish. He doesn't, so the agent said he was going to talk to me in spanish and then repeat in  english, I told him I speak english and he said good i will do the interview in english .He asked us to swear and took my finger prints again. He gave me a paper about domestic violence.

Then he asked:

1. When you got married?

2. Where did you meet?

3. How many time have you entered the USA?

4. Do you have children's? (To the two is us)

5. Have you been arrested by immigration?

6. Have you been arrested by the police?

7. Do you have children? (To me)

Then he said your visa is approved. Congratulations. 

We picked up the packet the next Friday

Thanks a lot for sharing the embassy experience. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.