Chris Duffy

I-155 Stamp - ROC and Info Pass

8 posts in this topic

What is the procedure to get the I-155 stamp?

We filed for 10 year Greencard almost one year ago,  We got the extension letter which allowed my wife to enter back into the USA during travel.

It will expire in a few months, she is wanting to travel home in a couple of months.  

My understanding is you go make a info pass at your local USCIS office and get the stamp there in her passport.

Has anyone done this process?  Do yo have to wait like you only have 90 days left on your extension letter?  Or is there any rules or guidelines for getting the I-551 stamp?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

35 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

We filed for 10 year Greencard almost one year ago,  We got the extension letter which allowed my wife to enter back into the USA during travel.

It will expire in a few months, she is wanting to travel home in a couple of months.  

My understanding is you go make a info pass at your local USCIS office and get the stamp there in her passport.

Has anyone done this process?  Do yo have to wait like you only have 90 days left on your extension letter?  Or is there any rules or guidelines for getting the I-551 stamp?

We did it a few weeks ago.  Wife had five weeks left on her letter.  Infopass, 5 min wait and done

Couple ahead of us had 2.5 months remaining and they were told to come back inside 30 days remaining. YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

This is handled with an INFOPASS just as you noted.  The process is fairly simple,  normally there is no interview just a quick review of your documents then the agent will stamp either the passport or the green card with the I-551 stamp .. valid for another year.   

Here are the documents you need to bring with you to the INFOPASS appt.   

• Your Form I-751 receipt notice (the I-797 NOA).
  • Your unexpired passport.
  • Your expired green card.

I see I was slow clicking ... :lol:  

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes from Previous Engagements/2011/October 2011/AILA_Field_Ops -_Q%26A_102511_Final.pdf

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 minutes ago, jskibo said:

We did it a few weeks ago.  Wife had five weeks left on her letter.  Infopass, 5 min wait and done

Couple ahead of us had 2.5 months remaining and they were told to come back inside 30 days remaining. YMMV

Did you make and appointment of just do a walk in

14 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Did you make and appointment of just do a walk in

Made an appointment.  Our office won't take walk in.  We tried the day she did her N400 Biometrics in same building (different office) and were told to make appointment

30 minutes ago, jskibo said:

My wife extension letter expires in mid September, she is planning on leaving in August,  I am hoping they will let her slide a few days on the 30 day mark.  I will probably bring the airline tickets with her.

9 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

My wife extension letter expires in mid September, she is planning on leaving in August,  I am hoping they will let her slide a few days on the 30 day mark.  I will probably bring the airline tickets with her.

They should give it to you with the supporting itinerary 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.