10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
31 minutes ago, CaliRose said:

Hi VJ Friends, 

We have completed our case by this morning after our approval interview. ☺️

I just want to say something to you, PLEASE don't trust any advice from lawyer as you always can call and ask USCIS for any question. I  was told by lawyer that since I am living with my husband outside of the US I can't be a petitioner OR at least 6 months before applicant's interview i have to move to US which is impossible for that period of time, so I called and asked USCIS and today I still live with my husband and he got approval so everything is POSSIBLE 🙆 good luck to all of you. 

Thank you for sharing! I am very happy for you and your husband. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, CaliRose said:

Hi VJ Friends, 

We have completed our case by this morning after our approval interview. ☺️

I just want to say something to you, PLEASE don't trust any advice from lawyer as you always can call and ask USCIS for any question. I  was told by lawyer that since I am living with my husband outside of the US I can't be a petitioner OR at least 6 months before applicant's interview i have to move to US which is impossible for that period of time, so I called and asked USCIS and today I still live with my husband and he got approval so everything is POSSIBLE 🙆 good luck to all of you. 

I contacted a lawyer before I started our process as well. I’m living abroad with my husband. The lawyer told me the same thing. He said I can’t do it and I should just wait until I “move back” to the USA. I’m so glad I continued to research and my I-130 was approved two weeks ago. 😀

just curious, did you prove that you maintained your domicile or that you had intent to re-domicile? I’m not sure I have enough evidence to show I maintained domicile.  I might have to take the 2nd route.

Also CONGRATULATIONS!

16 hours ago, Sweetamooni said:

I contacted a lawyer before I started our process as well. I’m living abroad with my husband. The lawyer told me the same thing. He said I can’t do it and I should just wait until I “move back” to the USA. I’m so glad I continued to research and my I-130 was approved two weeks ago. 😀

just curious, did you prove that you maintained your domicile or that you had intent to re-domicile? I’m not sure I have enough evidence to show I maintained domicile.  I might have to take the 2nd route.

Also CONGRATULATIONS!

Thats good that you did ur research. Well in my documents that I submitted to NVC yes i have sent some documents such as My US bank account statement , my brother wrote a letter that we are going to stay in his house, i have contacted some shipping companies for quotation through email and just printed their replies,wrote a letter that I am going to move before or same time as applicant and copy of my SSN and DL thats all. The officer didn't ask any of those in his interview tho. Good 🤞 

Edited by CaliRose

1 hour ago, CaliRose said:

Thats good that you did ur research. Well in my documents that I submitted to NVC yes i have sent some documents such as My US bank account statement , my brother wrote a letter that we are going to stay in his house, i have contacted some shipping companies for quotation through email and just printed their replies,wrote a letter that I am going to move before or same time as applicant and copy of my SSN and DL thats all. The officer didn't ask any of those in his interview tho. Good 🤞 

I am in a similar situation for Hong Kong.  My hubbie will be interviewing in the end of the month. The kids and I will have to move in July anyway, and hopefully hubbie’s visa will be issued at the same time.  We have:

(1) us bank account

(2) driver’s license

(3) letter from brother

(4) signed quote with moving company and deposit receipt

(5) one way plane tickets for me and the kids

(6) email communication with school registrar and realtor

(7) resignation letter for my current job and clearance of tax with Hong Kong tax authority 

(8) school withdrawal letter for the kids

hopefully this is enough. Congrats on getting through this painful process!

7 hours ago, aywang said:

I am in a similar situation for Hong Kong.  My hubbie will be interviewing in the end of the month. The kids and I will have to move in July anyway, and hopefully hubbie’s visa will be issued at the same time.  We have:

(1) us bank account

(2) driver’s license

(3) letter from brother

(4) signed quote with moving company and deposit receipt

(5) one way plane tickets for me and the kids

(6) email communication with school registrar and realtor

(7) resignation letter for my current job and clearance of tax with Hong Kong tax authority 

(8) school withdrawal letter for the kids

hopefully this is enough. Congrats on getting through this painful process!

Oh woow thats too over needed ☺️ u r done. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, CaliRose said:

How long have you been living outside of the US? I’ve been gone 10 years 😐

Timeline
17 minutes ago, CaliRose said:

lol I cant live that long outside of US :)I've been out since Xmas 2015. how come u decided to go back after that time?

Well at first it was just easier for me to go to Canada since I’m a dual citizen but then we had two kids and time kept going by. Then we moved to Europe and now I’m done. I’m ready to go home 😓

1 hour ago, Sweetamooni said:

Well at first it was just easier for me to go to Canada since I’m a dual citizen but then we had two kids and time kept going by. Then we moved to Europe and now I’m done. I’m ready to go home 😓

I am out even longer than u. I have been living abroad for almost 20 years now...my hubbie had family obligations here overseas but now we are done.  I can go home! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.