JayMar2019

AP - READY Since May 22nd

4 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!!!!

I've been reluctant to post this only because I don't know if this is more of me being paranoid and not being patient or if there is something to be worried about. On April 27th, my fiancé had his interview (I was present with him) at the Jamaica Embassy and we were approved. The CO stated that he had everything they needed and all required documents and that the visa would be issued within a week and kept his passport. I actually stayed in Jamaica longer than I anticipated because I had hoped we would fly back together but that was not the case.  On April 30th, our case went into AP. On May 10th, the embassy responded to my 2nd inquiry email stating that his visa was ready for printing; however the status did not update. I sent another email and received a response back on May 16th stating they needed my fiancé's original BC, which is really upsetting me because at the interview the lady at the first window collected all of his documents walked away from the window and came back but slid back his BC to us. I thought about asking her does she need to keep this but she had gotten smart with me earlier when she asked "who is filing for you" and I answered, "I am the US petitioner and I'm filing for him", and her smart remark was "I was talking to you" as she pointed her finger. So, I figured I would keep my mouth shut - who am I to tell her how to do her job, right? Anyway, my fiancé sent the original BC to the embassy via DHL on May 17th and it was signed for on May 18th. I sent another email asking for an update and on May 22nd, I received a response back saying they received his BC and that his case is in the final stage of processing. The CEAC case tracker updated on May 22nd and status went to READY.

Well, as of today, there hasn't been changes or "touches" to our case. I have sent 3 emails requesting an update and haven't received any responses back. Tomorrow will make 2 weeks since the last date change on the CEAC tracker, and this Friday will make it 3 weeks since embassy signed for his DHL package. And it is over a month since our interview when we were approved. I'm beyond frustrated because this isn't an error that my fiancé and I caused, but the embassy caused this because she handed it back to us. I thought she went to make a copy of the BC which is why she slid it back to us. And now, I feel like they are "avoiding" responding back to my emails.

So with that said, my first question is 1) is this normal to wait this long for a simple document request? 2) Has anyone else went through something like this similar and if so, how long was the wait? 3) Is there anymore that I can do or call to find out the status of our case? 4) Am I really being paranoid...lol?!

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

1. It's not abnormal to wait a few weeks for them to look at documents submitted after the interview. I don't know what exactly is normal with that consulate specifically, but generally a few weeks is common.
  2. Defer....I'm sure others have had similar experiences with AP due to a missing/lost/whatever document.
  3. I suggest just keeping in touch with the embassy. You can reach out to one of your congressman/congresswoman, although I don't think it's been long enough since the last update to get much out of it personally. But you can try.
  4. Maybe? I'm not paranoid if they are out to get me.. :rofl:  But it sounds like they were supposed to get the BC afterall...waiting is just part of the process after that.

Best wishes.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

17 minutes ago, geowrian said:
  1. It's not abnormal to wait a few weeks for them to look at documents submitted after the interview. I don't know what exactly is normal with that consulate specifically, but generally a few weeks is common.
  2. Defer....I'm sure others have had similar experiences with AP due to a missing/lost/whatever document.
  3. I suggest just keeping in touch with the embassy. You can reach out to one of your congressman/congresswoman, although I don't think it's been long enough since the last update to get much out of it personally. But you can try.
  4. Maybe? I'm not paranoid if they are out to get me.. :rofl:  But it sounds like they were supposed to get the BC afterall...waiting is just part of the process after that.

Best wishes.

The thing is we never received a 221g or any paper after interview and they kept his passport. And the status is READY saying we need to schedule an interview etc., the same verbiage before we had the original interview. 

So since they have his passport, do we have to do another interview just because they forgot to keep his BC? Or is this READY step just a formality of them touching our case?

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

5 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

The thing is we never received a 221g or any paper after interview and they kept his passport. And the status is READY saying we need to schedule an interview etc., the same verbiage before we had the original interview. 

So since they have his passport, do we have to do another interview just because they forgot to keep his BC? Or is this READY step just a formality of them touching our case?

True, but effectively that's what happened. I would expect the timeline to be the same as 221g for missing documents (even if it's not your fault they're missing).

Another interview should not be needed unless they need to confirm something in person, or if it goes an extended period of time since the previous interview. I would not expect one, but it's not impossible.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.