mcdull

Am I the lucky one?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I filed my application online last June, when almost every online filer got processed in 3-4 months.

I was scheduled for an interview 4 months after my initial filing,... on a Saturday.... I went to my appointment anyway and obviously USCIS was closed.

Contacted the local office and congresswoman's office, was told the clerk must have made a mistake and I should receive my rescheduled interview very soon.

2 months passed by, no rescheduled interview notice, I was then told because of the congresswoman's enquiry, my files were sent to the congressional unit and then the congressional unit sent my file to another filed office .....

5 months later, I finally received my interview notice and attended the interview, I was recommended for approval and was told my oath will be scheduled in 2-3 weeks.

well, 1 month passed by, no oath letter, 2 months passed by, still nothing, So I went for an info pass and was told my files were again transferred to a wrong field office after my interview, they noticed the error and requested my files back to Boston. I was told wait for another 2-3 weeks and contact them again.

Then all of a sudden, I received an ELIS notification that my interview is scheduled. FINALLY! I thought to myself, when I saw my oath ceremony on my document tab, it is scheduled for July 30th. A whopping two months from today....

Oh USCIS, I love you not.

Edited by mcdull

Guys, no matter how you got it, you have got it now. period. No point in blaming or talking about it. It happens with some unlucky folks. Who initiated the congressman to interfere and that was the consequence of it as well (why can't we think like this). This could as well trigger the confusion right? So who are we blaming? I waited for the full 10 months from start to finish. Some folks got it under 4 months as well. So there is no point in worrying and it gets us no where?

Be happy you are done with it and that's it. Be grateful as well no matter they fixed your case in all odds. There are some who are still lingering around not knowing their status?

Be happy guys.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 10 Months 9 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 07, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed by Mail

July 11, 2017 (Day 04) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 12, 2017 (Day 05) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online status, letter mailed out

July 18, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/10/17

Aug 10, 2017 (Day 34) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 40) - Inline for Interview status

Feb 21, 2018 (Day 225) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Feb 28, 2018 (Day 232) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 04/02/18

Apr. 02, 2018 (Day 265) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Apr. 16, 2018 (Day 279) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Inline for Oath Ceremony"

Apr. 30, 2018 (Day 293) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

May. 03, 2018 (Day 296) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

May. 16, 2018 (Day 309) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Applied for US Passport - requested Routine/ Regular Service

May. 18, 2018 (Day 00) - Submitted Passport Application, filed in person at Post Office

May. 24, 2018 (Day 06) - Online tracker shows application has been received and is under processing

Jun. 7, 2018 (Day 20) - Online tracker shows mailed

Jun. 09, 2018 (Day 22) - Passport received in the mail.

June, 15, 2018 (Day 28) - Naturalization Certificate received back in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, ksp9 said:

Guys, no matter how you got it, you have got it now. period. No point in blaming or talking about it. It happens with some unlucky folks. Who initiated the congressman to interfere and that was the consequence of it as well (why can't we think like this). This could as well trigger the confusion right? So who are we blaming? I waited for the full 10 months from start to finish. Some folks got it under 4 months as well. So there is no point in worrying and it gets us no where?

Be happy you are done with it and that's it. Be grateful as well no matter they fixed your case in all odds. There are some who are still lingering around not knowing their status?

Be happy guys.

I think the point it was that it was a painful process full of USCIS errors and incompetence. I'm sure he's happy it is near finalized, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a ridiculous, horrible process that is worth highlighting. It got sent to the wrong field office several times and when USCIS themselves tells you to wait "2-3 weeks" and that turns into 2-3 months, that is a massive error worth highlighting (and complaining about!)

We are told many times on this forum and through lawyers that if your process is taking way long than it should, your congressman can help as they are meant to help their constituents. So his "interference" was meant to be a positive one that sped up the process, not unnecessarily delaying it again - again, worth noting.

I'm sure OP will be happy when he becomes a USC but that doesn't mean this wasn't a painful process worth posting about. 

Edited by Teemo

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Teemo said:

I think the point it was that it was a painful process full of USCIS errors and incompetence. I'm sure he's happy it is near finalized, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a ridiculous, horrible process that is worth highlighting. It got sent to the wrong field office several times and when USCIS themselves tells you to wait "2-3 weeks" and that turns into 2-3 months, that is a massive error worth highlighting (and complaining about!)

We are told many times on this forum and through lawyers that if your process is taking way long than it should, your congressman can help as they are meant to help their constituents. So his "interference" was meant to be a positive one that sped up the process, not unnecessarily delaying it again - again, worth noting.

Your comment was useless. I'm sure OP will be happy when he becomes a USC but that doesn't mean this wasn't a painful process worth posting about. 

His comment was not useless.  Yours, on the other hand...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.