JeanneSs

June 2018 filers of I-130 for Parents

123 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Bhagi said:

Any update on Interview schedule situation. Its been while we all are waiting for our parents IR5 visa interview date.

Please respond if you may have any update. 

Thank you

My parents had their interview on July 18th and were approved same day but ceac changed from ready to Ap. Visa was issued on July 25th and received notification for passport pickup on August 9th. They will join me on Friday August 23rd. Good luck to every body!!

• 3 weeks later...

Got held up with the NBI clearance. Someone filed a complaint years ago that FIL "threatened" him. Coincidentally, this was right after FIL retired. Jealous, or wanted money? He had three hearings, at the third and final hearing the accuser finally showed up and the judge dismissed the case. FIL is documentarily cleared as of yesterday. Looking at the other replies, it seems like we might be able to expect to get him over here before Halloween. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2019 at 7:34 AM, vspink94 said:

they reviewed my dad first, I sent both of their application April 5th, his application rejected on April 11th and my mom rejected April 18th. 

Vspink94,

hope all are well with you and your family!

Please help me with my question, my parent arrived 3weeks ago and still not getting a social security card or a green card through mail yet.

would please share your timeline to receive ssn and green card? Thanks.

2 hours ago, henryPotter said:

Vspink94,

hope all are well with you and your family!

Please help me with my question, my parent arrived 3weeks ago and still not getting a social security card or a green card through mail yet.

would please share your timeline to receive ssn and green card? Thanks.

Hello! CONGRATULATIONS! Their Social came 1 week after they arrived. Go to your neareast SS office and they can check it for you, my moms gc came after 120 days, still waiting for my dads gc. Hes only been here  2 months. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, vspink94 said:

Hello! CONGRATULATIONS! Their Social came 1 week after they arrived. Go to your neareast SS office and they can check it for you, my moms gc came after 120 days, still waiting for my dads gc. Hes only been here  2 months. 

Nice. My parents entered the country on Nov 2 and have not received their physical GCs either. They want to return back to India for a 2 month trip though. Any thoughts on accelerating getting the physical green cards? I heard they can also visit the nearby USCIS office and get a stamp on their passport?

> 120 days seems a long time to get a GC. I thought the upper limit was 120 days, but most people get it within 1-2 months. What's the typical timeframe for receiving the physical green card oflate?  

2 minutes ago, wisedog said:

Nice. My parents entered the country on Nov 2 and have not received their physical GCs either. They want to return back to India for a 2 month trip though. Any thoughts on accelerating getting the physical green cards? I heard they can also visit the nearby USCIS office and get a stamp on their passport?

> 120 days seems a long time to get a GC. I thought the upper limit was 120 days, but most people get it within 1-2 months. What's the typical timeframe for receiving the physical green card oflate?  

Hello! Yes they can use their I551 stamp on their passport to leave and come back here.  It serves the same like GC,  its valid for 1 year. I tried to contact USCIS but they keep telling me to wait for 120 days to inquire.  

On 1/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, vspink94 said:

Thanks for replying vspink94.

I called SSA and because my parent came 10 days before Christmas so I have to wait for another week due to holiday delay. Hopefully, I will get the card in the mail soon. 

Your information is very helpful. Was you able to get ID for your parents?

I live in Orange County, and the system not allow me to even book online appointment to go DMV for ID. The situation is very frustrating.  

12 hours ago, henryPotter said:

Thanks for replying vspink94.

I called SSA and because my parent came 10 days before Christmas so I have to wait for another week due to holiday delay. Hopefully, I will get the card in the mail soon. 

Your information is very helpful. Was you able to get ID for your parents?

I live in Orange County, and the system not allow me to even book online appointment to go DMV for ID. The situation is very frustrating.  

Yes I live in Orange County too! We just went walk in, no problem at all, They got the real ID too, I just showed them their I-551 stamp and Social  card mail , USCIS letter With their name and address and my birth certificate too.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:40 PM, vspink94 said:

Yes I live in Orange County too! We just went walk in, no problem at all, They got the real ID too, I just showed them their I-551 stamp and Social  card mail , USCIS letter With their name and address and my birth certificate too.

Hi Vspink94

PLease help answer a few questions regarding the real ID. I appreciate your help.

what DMV location you went to and how long was you in line?

what 2 proofs of CAlifornia addresses you presented to apply for the real ID?

I am waiting for SSN card, did you need to present both green card and SSN card at DMV?

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/6/2020 at 10:25 AM, rissana2019 said:

Is there any approval for june fillers here still waiting for the interview:( 

Yes, I'm on hold right now. Making sure everything is good to go, since i haven't heard anything from them in over a year. 

• 2 months later...

Any other June 2018 filers still in limbo? We had to get a birth certificate fixed because it said "baby girl", and planned to bring the father in law home at the end of our trip in February. They put the same form in for my wife's sister and the local office only processed the sister's birth certificate. The father in law's medical clearance expired at the end of February. And now we're in total limbo. Now we're stuck waiting and it feels like he'll never come. 

15 hours ago, SensibleInvestor said:

Any other June 2018 filers still in limbo? We had to get a birth certificate fixed because it said "baby girl", and planned to bring the father in law home at the end of our trip in February. They put the same form in for my wife's sister and the local office only processed the sister's birth certificate. The father in law's medical clearance expired at the end of February. And now we're in total limbo. Now we're stuck waiting and it feels like he'll never come. 

Don’t loose hope. Most likely no interviews will be held for IR-5 visa until next year, we’ll see what will be happening in January. We planned for my mom to move to US this summer, but that’s not the case anymore. I filed in Jan 2019.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.