babybunny

~ overstay~

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by "banishment trigger"?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

One year overstay = 10 year ban. The ban doesn't go into effect until the person has left the US.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/inel...ities_1364.html

ALIENS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT.-

(i) In general.-Any alien (other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence) who-

(I) was unlawfully present in the United States for a period of more than 180 days but less than 1 year, voluntarily departed the United States (whether or not pursuant to section 244(e)) prior to the commencement of proceedings under section 235(b(1) or section 240, and again seeks admission within 3 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal, or

(II) has been unlawfully present in the United States for one year or more, and who again seeks admission within 10 years of the date of such alien's departure or removal from the United States,is inadmissible.

The ban can be overcome with a waiver if the person is applying for a family based visa and is otherwise eligible for a waiver.

Edited by kitkat1

More than one year of overstay = a ten year ban, and the clock for the ban starts whenever the person leaves the country. (Or, what kitkat said.)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Kit Kat!!!..according to the dates he was talking he been unlawful

1 year and 6 months.

More than one year of overstay = a ten year ban, and the clock for the ban starts whenever the person leaves the country. (Or, what kitkat said.)

Thank you. for your response..

Yeah, if he leaves he's screwed. You say he's a jackazz? Why not just call ICE so they can pay him a visit?

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Thanks Kit Kat!!!..according to the dates he was talking he been unlawful

1 year and 6 months.

Thank you. for your response..

Yeah, if he leaves he's screwed. You say he's a jackazz? Why not just call ICE so they can pay him a visit?

ICE paying a visit to an overstay? They have hundreds of thousands of folk that ignored deportation orders on top of millions of EWI's that they don't do jack about. You think they'll worry about one of what probably amounts to millions of overstays? Not in our lifetime. :no:

Edited by ET-US2004

ICE paying a visit to an overstay? They have hundreds of thousands of folk that ignored deportation orders on top of millions of EWI's that they don't do jack about. You think they'll worry about one of what probably amounts to millions of overstays? Not in our lifetime. :no:

Meh *shrug* At least then they'll know, you can say you tried. :luv:

i doubt if anything will be done...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I'd be shocked if anything actually happened to the guy. People can live the rest of their lives quite happily with no hassles from the govt as long as they fly below the radar. We need to sort this problem out.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'd be shocked if anything actually happened to the guy. People can live the rest of their lives quite happily with no hassles from the govt as long as they fly below the radar. We need to sort this problem out.

You really don't want to do that. I appreciate the sentiment, but you really don't

want to give the police the power to interfere in our daily lives to check if "our papers"

are in order, not to mention that it would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment

protection from unreasonable searches, and of the Fifth Amendment right against

self-incrimination.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You really don't want to do that. I appreciate the sentiment, but you really don't

want to give the police the power to interfere in our daily lives to check if "our papers"

are in order, not to mention that it would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment

protection from unreasonable searches, and of the Fifth Amendment right against

self-incrimination.

:thumbs:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif