babybunny

~ overstay~

34 posts in this topic

i doubt if anything will be done...

I'd be shocked if anything actually happened to the guy. People can live the rest of their lives quite happily with no hassles from the govt as long as they fly below the radar. We need to sort this problem out.

You really don't want to do that. I appreciate the sentiment, but you really don't

want to give the police the power to interfere in our daily lives to check if "our papers"

are in order, not to mention that it would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment

protection from unreasonable searches, and of the Fifth Amendment right against

self-incrimination.

amen brother MA.....there are too much loss of freedoms in this country

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
i doubt if anything will be done...

I'd be shocked if anything actually happened to the guy. People can live the rest of their lives quite happily with no hassles from the govt as long as they fly below the radar. We need to sort this problem out.

You really don't want to do that. I appreciate the sentiment, but you really don't

want to give the police the power to interfere in our daily lives to check if "our papers"

are in order, not to mention that it would be a violation of the Fourth Amendment

protection from unreasonable searches, and of the Fifth Amendment right against

self-incrimination.

So you're happy with illegals costing the American taxpayers billions of dollars a year in benefits to which they are not entitled?

Are you also aware that LPRs are required by law to carry their green cards on them at all times and produce them on demand?

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

If you are doing nothing wrong, why would you be upset if you were asked to show your papers.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

If you are doing nothing wrong, why would you be upset if you were asked to show your papers.

For starters, what if they asked me as an American Citizen to "show my papers"? I'd be pizzed. You can't tell just by looking at someone if they are here legally, illegally, etc. My brother looks as Mexican as my husband does and if someone asked him to show his papers, they'd probably get a good old fashion beat down.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

For starters, what if they asked me as an American Citizen to "show my papers"? I'd be pizzed. You can't tell just by looking at someone if they are here legally, illegally, etc. My brother looks as Mexican as my husband does and if someone asked him to show his papers, they'd probably get a good old fashion beat down.

And then he'd get an old-fashioned Miranda warning and then an old-fashioned trip to jail.

You get asked for your "papers" every time you have to show a driver's license to anyone, including when you get pulled over for a traffic violation. There's no "what if" at work here.

And then he'd get an old-fashioned Miranda warning and then an old-fashioned trip to jail.

You get asked for your "papers" every time you have to show a driver's license to anyone, including when you get pulled over for a traffic violation. There's no "what if" at work here.

The stipulation in her post was "if you're not doing anything wrong". Learn to read before you start responding to posts. If I'm doing nothing wrong, I sure as hell better not get asked for "my papers" and I'm pretty sure I don't.

The stipulation in her post was "if you're not doing anything wrong". Learn to read before you start responding to posts. If I'm doing nothing wrong, I sure as hell better not get asked for "my papers" and I'm pretty sure I don't.

LOL...I can read, dear heart.

I sure feel sorry for any retail clerk who cards you for an age-restricted purchase or asks for proof of ID if you try to write a check. Do you carry that boulder around on your shoulder all the time, or do you leave it at home sometimes?

I sure feel sorry for any retail clerk who cards you for an age-restricted purchase or asks for proof of ID if you try to write a check. Do you carry that boulder around on your shoulder all the time, or do you leave it at home sometimes?

Dear Heart, I never get asked for my id cause my picture is on my debit card so it's a mute point. I don't drink or smoke so that's also a mute point. But thanks for trying.

Dear Heart, I never get asked for my id cause my picture is on my debit card so it's a mute point. I don't drink or smoke so that's also a mute point. But thanks for trying.

It's moot, not mute. If you're going to imply that other people are stupid, don't make rookie mistakes like that.

Ta-ra.

It's moot, not mute. If you're going to imply that other people are stupid, don't make rookie mistakes like that.

Ta-ra.

Sorry, I'm actually at work trying to work. I was in a hurry. I'll do better next time. Thanks for the correction. I appreciate it. And I never said I was trying to make you look stupid. If you felt stupid by what I posted then that's your issue, not mine.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

What does a driver's license prove anyway? There are plenty of illegals with driver's licenses. The point is we're not talking about a license we're talking about "papers." I, for one, thought that was pretty clear.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Are you also aware that LPRs are required by law to carry their green cards on them at all times and produce them on demand?

Yes, I believe that law is unconstitutional and, if necessary, I will take USCIS to court.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

what the hell is this? lol

how come this has turned into a debate?

there are 1001 threads for that...lol

the issue is closed. I had only wanted to ask one thing.. now its turned in to

a ralley for illegal immigrants.

Talk to HA about that. And I'm not rallying for illegal immigrants. I just simply stated my brother would give a beat down to someone if they asked him for his "papers". He is a US citizen so not sure how that's rallying the illegals.

what the hell is this? lol

how come this has turned into a debate?

there are 1001 threads for that...lol

the issue is closed. I had only wanted to ask one thing.. now its turned in to

a ralley for illegal immigrants.

Talk to HA about that. And I'm not rallying for illegal immigrants. I just simply stated my brother would give a beat down to someone if they asked him for his "papers". He is a US citizen so not sure how that's rallying the illegals.

this was not directed at you or anyone.. please dont take offense - I am harmless...

have a great day.. :jest:

shon.gif