4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Today my husband (USC)  and I went to green card interview. Before that I was nervous because I felt like we didn't have enough documents to prove our relationship. So we only provided our lease agreement, electricity bill, health insurance document, my military ID that my husband got it for me, around 30 photos of us, 4 pages of screenshots of our chat history and 5 pages of screenshots of our face book posts with both of our pictures on it. We didn't have any joint bank accounts or joint credit cards because when we went to the bank, I was told that I need either a green card, a US passport or a driver's license as primary ID to add my name onto his bank account but I have none of those IDs. I was a bit worried about this but during the interview, we explained to the IO and he was fine about this.

So the interview process:

At the beginning, the IO looked quite serious. He asked us questions separately and did not allowed the other one to interrupt while one was answering questions. He first asked me  when and how I met my husband, my husband's date of birth, his middle name, where he was born, where he lived before, his family members, his job before, mother in law's name, have I met his family. Then he asked my husband the date of us getting married, my date of birth, my parents's name, where I was born, what my job was before I came here, do I work now.  Because my parents names are Chinese so when my husband answered my parents names, he was a little confused and didn't say them right. But the IO asked second time of my parents' names and finally he got them right.  

Then I gave him our documents, photos. He looked at our photos and my husband said we can explain our photos.  He took all of our photos.

After this part, he gave me a document telling me that I would receive my conditional green card and I need to file for removal of conditional green card for permanent green card within 90 days before it expires.  So I know I got approved!  Then he asked me some questions like if I have ever committed crimes, a list of questions and I all answered no.  

After we left USCIS, my husband and I were so relieved and happy that it went well. Then we went shopping haha 

In general, the interview went well and my husband and I smiled sometimes when we answered questions, so did the IO. It made the atmosphere not that stressful ;) 

I hope my experience helps you guys and good luck in your interview! 

Edited by ting123he

1 hour ago, ting123he said:

Hi Guys,

Today my husband (USC)  and I went to green card interview. Before that I was nervous because I felt like we didn't have enough documents to prove our relationship. So we only provided our lease agreement, electricity bill, health insurance document, my military ID that my husband got it for me, around 30 photos of us, 4 pages of screenshots of our chat history and 5 pages of screenshots of our face book posts with both of our pictures on it. We didn't have any joint bank accounts or joint credit cards because when we went to the bank, I was told that I need either a green card, a US passport or a driver's license as primary ID to add my name onto his bank account but I have none of those IDs. I was a bit worried about this but during the interview, we explained to the IO and he was fine about this.

So the interview process:

At the beginning, the IO looked quite serious. He asked us questions separately and did not allowed the other one to interrupt while one was answering questions. He first asked me  when and how I met my husband, my husband's date of birth, his middle name, where he was born, where he lived before, his family members, his job before, mother in law's name, have I met his family. Then he asked my husband the date of us getting married, my date of birth, my parents's name, where I was born, what my job was before I came here, do I work now.  Because my parents names are Chinese so when my husband answered my parents names, he was a little confused and didn't say them right. But the IO asked second time of my parents' names and finally he got them right.  

Then I gave him our documents, photos. He looked at our photos and my husband said we can explain our photos.  He took all of our photos.

After this part, he gave me a document telling me that I would receive my conditional green card and I need to file for removal of conditional green card for permanent green card within 90 days before it expires.  So I know I got approved!  Then he asked me some questions like if I have ever committed crimes, a list of questions and I all answered no.  

After we left USCIS, my husband and I were so relieved and happy that it went well. Then we went shopping haha 

In general, the interview went well and my husband and I smiled sometimes when we answered questions, so did the IO. It made the atmosphere not that stressful ;) 

I hope my experience helps you guys and good luck in your interview! 

Congrats!  Just curious ... Where did you interview (City/State?). And when did you file for AOS?  I don’t see any timeline or info in your profile :(

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

On 5/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, marc941 said:

Congrats!  Just curious ... Where did you interview (City/State?). And when did you file for AOS?  I don’t see any timeline or info in your profile :(

We had the interview at Tempa FL. We filed for AOS in late Jan. It is faster than I thought. I didn't put any timeline ;) 

I flied for AP the same time but it was very slow. After the interview, I checked online my AP application was cancelled. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.