AAiowan

DS 160 submitted and how and when to schedule interview

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NikkiMarie said:

That link is regarding power of attorney signatures. Nothing to do with I-134 and if a scanned copy with wet signature is acceptable. 

I believe you are incorrect. The following is copied directly from the link that leads you to the PDF:

"A signature is valid even if the original signature is later photocopied, scanned, faxed, or similarly reproduced. Regardless of how it is transmitted to USCIS, the copy must be of an original document containing a handwritten, ink signature, unless regulations or the form instructions state otherwise.
3 USCIS will not accept signatures created 
by a typewriter, word processor, stamp, auto-pen, or similar device."

Now I did say that the OP should submit their document with a signature that makes them feel comfortable but this change in signature policy does state that wet signatures are still valid on photocopies and scanned documents as long as they are penned signatures and not electronic or digital, etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I believe you are incorrect. The following is copied directly from the link that leads you to the PDF:

"A signature is valid even if the original signature is later photocopied, scanned, faxed, or similarly reproduced. Regardless of how it is transmitted to USCIS, the copy must be of an original document containing a handwritten, ink signature, unless regulations or the form instructions state otherwise.
3 USCIS will not accept signatures created 
by a typewriter, word processor, stamp, auto-pen, or similar device."

Now I did say that the OP should submit their document with a signature that makes them feel comfortable but this change in signature policy does state that wet signatures are still valid on photocopies and scanned documents as long as they are penned signatures and not electronic or digital, etc.

Ok. I didn’t click the PDF. That’s helpful, and hopefully it applies to my consulate. I do still think it’s up to the specific Consulate, what they deem to be acceptable. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

11 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Ok. I didn’t click the PDF. That’s helpful, and hopefully it applies to my consulate. I do still think it’s up to the specific Consulate, what they deem to be acceptable. 

I agree. I've contacted mine with no response 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Hey it looks like our timelines are very similar. I’m waiting on packet 3 from Montreal. I’ve had Status: Ready since May 8. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

24 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Hey it looks like our timelines are very similar. I’m waiting on packet 3 from Montreal. I’ve had Status: Ready since May 8. 

I'm just a little behind you.

NOA1: Nov 17, 2017

NOA2: May 7th, 2018 (paper)

Waiting for it to reach NVC now. Been calling since the 17th. 

I'm going to see him Thursday (if WestJet doesn't strike, lol). DS160 is complete (just saved, not submitted but I'll have to edit it to reflect this trip). Also he may be moving between now and the interview so we are waiting on that too to adjust addresses and employers before we submit I134. 

I have numerous copies of the Intent to Marry  Letter dated every Sunday from now until mid August and I'm going to get him to sign all of them so I have a wet signature so I'll feel safe and I'll just submit the one with the closest date.

Also I am getting him to wet sign the signature page of the I134 and print it and bring it with me when i come back to Canada next week. That way we can fill it out when we know what's happening with work/the move. 

First problem...WestJet.

Have you submitted your DS160? Or are you waiting for the official packet 3?

Edited by K1visaHopeful
More

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, NikkiMarie said:

I’m in Montreal my interview is tomorrow morning at 7:30 I’ll ask directly about he signature tomorrow when I’m there.

6 minutes ago, TNTidaho said:

I’m in Montreal my interview is tomorrow morning at 7:30 I’ll ask directly about he signature tomorrow when I’m there.

That would be amazing! And good luck!

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Sp

Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I'm just a little behind you.

NOA1: Nov 17, 2017

NOA2: May 7th, 2018 (paper)

Waiting for it to reach NVC now. Been calling since the 17th. 

I'm going to see him Thursday (if WestJet doesn't strike, lol). DS160 is complete (just saved, not submitted but I'll have to edit it to reflect this trip). Also he may be moving between now and the interview so we are waiting on that too to adjust addresses and employers before we submit I134. 

I have numerous copies of the Intent to Marry  Letter dated every Sunday from now until mid August and I'm going to get him to sign all of them so I have a wet signature so I'll feel safe and I'll just submit the one with the closest date.

Also I am getting him to wet sign the signature page of the I134 and print it and bring it with me when i come back to Canada next week. That way we can fill it out when we know what's happening with work/the move. 

First problem...WestJet.

Have you submitted your DS160? Or are you waiting for the official packet 3?

Even though I had not heard anything from the Montreal Consulate yet, I submitted DS-160 and packet 3 because I saw Status Ready so I decided to give it a shot. I got a reply back from Montreal Consulate saying to wait to hear from them and that I'm not required to submit anything yet. I've seen so many people on here submit it and they get packet 4 right away, but I wasn't as lucky lol. Now I'm just sitting here, checking my email obsessively. Also, I can't get a straight answer from anyone if Montreal sends send Packet 3 instructions through email or mail. Some swear they got theirs through Canada Post, others say Montreal doesn't correspond through mail at all so I'm checking both all the time lol.

Hang in there. You should get your case # soon. I'm waiting until I'm allowed to book my interview to have my fiancee send the I-134, promise to marry letter & other documents. Looks like people are getting interviews a month out, so there will be lots of time. 

Hopefully Westjet at least waits until after your trip if they're going to strike!! Do you anticipate any trouble at customs with the pending Visa? 

24 minutes ago, TNTidaho said:

Awesome. Thank you!! And good luck with your interview!!! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

48 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Even though I had not heard anything from the Montreal Consulate yet, I submitted DS-160 and packet 3 because I saw Status Ready so I decided to give it a shot. I got a reply back from Montreal Consulate saying to wait to hear from them and that I'm not required to submit anything yet. I've seen so many people on here submit it and they get packet 4 right away, but I wasn't as lucky lol. Now I'm just sitting here, checking my email obsessively. Also, I can't get a straight answer from anyone if Montreal sends send Packet 3 instructions through email or mail. Some swear they got theirs through Canada Post, others say Montreal doesn't correspond through mail at all so I'm checking both all the time lol.

Hang in there. You should get your case # soon. I'm waiting until I'm allowed to book my interview to have my fiancee send the I-134, promise to marry letter & other documents. Looks like people are getting interviews a month out, so there will be lots of time. 

Hopefully Westjet at least waits until after your trip if they're going to strike!! Do you anticipate any trouble at customs with the pending Visa? 

There is always a concern when I try to cross the border but I always carry enough documents to tie me to Canada (letter from my work stating I will be back at work the following week, lease for my apt, current utility bill, copies of my NOA's, flight itineraries etc).

I Have seen a few ppl resend Packet 3 more than once...if you dare.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

There is always a concern when I try to cross the border but I always carry enough documents to tie me to Canada (letter from my work stating I will be back at work the following week, lease for my apt, current utility bill, copies of my NOA's, flight itineraries etc).

I Have seen a few ppl resend Packet 3 more than once...if you dare.

Good thinking! 

I think I'll oblige them and wait. I really hope I get something this week! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
22 hours ago, NikkiMarie said:

Interview went great, if your in a real relationship don’t even spend a minute stressing about this process quick and easy: tell me about how you met, when you started dating, plans for your wedding, left my hotel room at the travel lodge at 6:55 back at my hotel at 8:30, my interview was at 7:30 but they didn’t start letting people into the building until 8:00. 

The CO I asked said that they need all original forms signed by petitioner (NOT COPYS).  So I suggest getting original I-134, intent to marry etc. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, TNTidaho said:

Interview went great, if your in a real relationship don’t even spend a minute stressing about this process quick and easy: tell me about how you met, when you started dating, plans for your wedding, left my hotel room at the travel lodge at 6:55 back at my hotel at 8:30, my interview was at 7:30 but they didn’t start letting people into the building until 8:00. 

The CO I asked said that they need all original forms signed by petitioner (NOT COPYS).  So I suggest getting original I-134, intent to marry etc. 

Good to know! I'm not nervous about the interview, I'm just impatient because this part is taking so long lol. And Congratulations!!! It's got to be the best feeling, knowing that the process is finally over!!!

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
10 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Good to know! I'm not nervous about the interview, I'm just impatient because this part is taking so long lol. And Congratulations!!! It's got to be the best feeling, knowing that the process is finally over!!!

You almost done! Then we get to wait the 8-12 months for the adjustment of status haha. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TNTidaho said:

You almost done! Then we get to wait the 8-12 months for the adjustment of status haha. 

So close, yet it feels so far away! lol Once I am able to schedule my interview, I will feel more at ease. I don't understand why I still haven't heard anything about Packet 3. It's been two weeks. I'm impatient!! lol

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Timeline
13 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

So close, yet it feels so far away! lol Once I am able to schedule my interview, I will feel more at ease. I don't understand why I still haven't heard anything about Packet 3. It's been two weeks. I'm impatient!! lol

Ya that is stupid, I didn’t get a response the first time I sent in the packet 3 without them asking for it. Then I sent it in 2 days later and I got a response about packet 4 within hours. I would just send it in again what’s the worst they will say wait again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.