zamardii12

Has anyone here been denied a B2 Visa before this process?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

My fiancee and I got engaged last August which was about 2 weeks before she had to leave. She was here on a ESTA which could not be extended, so once she got back to Hungary I convinced her to apply for a B2 Visa so she could come back sooner. However, it was promptly denied because she lived in Germany before she visited us in the States and upon returned moved back in with her parents in Hungary. So she had nothing really tying her to Hungary before applying for the Visa and she just came back about a month before going to the B2 interview. So, now we are doing the DS-160 Visa and it asks "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?" To this I obviously put "Yes" and under the explanation I put:

"The ESTA could not be extended during my visit to the United States in 2017, so once I returned I applied for a B2 Visa right away so I could spend more time with my fiancé and help take care of my future father-in-law’s mother but it was denied because I lived in Germany before visiting the Unites States and once I returned to Hungary I suppose I didn’t have enough evidence to show enough ties to Hungary to get a B2 Visa approval, or because I had just gotten back from a 3 month visit." 

She is worried that this will reflect negatively on her during the interview. She is already nervous as it is and I want to set her mind at ease. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, zamardii12 said:

My fiancee and I got engaged last August which was about 2 weeks before she had to leave. She was here on a ESTA which could not be extended, so once she got back to Hungary I convinced her to apply for a B2 Visa so she could come back sooner. However, it was promptly denied because she lived in Germany before she visited us in the States and upon returned moved back in with her parents in Hungary. So she had nothing really tying her to Hungary before applying for the Visa and she just came back about a month before going to the B2 interview. So, now we are doing the DS-160 Visa and it asks "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?" To this I obviously put "Yes" and under the explanation I put:

"The ESTA could not be extended during my visit to the United States in 2017, so once I returned I applied for a B2 Visa right away so I could spend more time with my fiancé and help take care of my future father-in-law’s mother but it was denied because I lived in Germany before visiting the Unites States and once I returned to Hungary I suppose I didn’t have enough evidence to show enough ties to Hungary to get a B2 Visa approval, or because I had just gotten back from a 3 month visit." 

She is worried that this will reflect negatively on her during the interview. She is already nervous as it is and I want to set her mind at ease. 

hey, 

i would not worry if B2 was denied under 214b it should not have any effect on your k1! i saw people getting their k1 approved after getting f1 denied. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If you are doing the K1 visa now then do not worry. Many people get this tourist visa denied before a K1. Me, to be more specific. I had a B2 denied in 2009 (if I remember well) and then we did the K1 in 2011 and it was approved. A previous tourist visa disapproved should not affect a K1 visa.

You have to be honest if they ask about any previous tourist visa denied.

Edited by Sunnyland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.