gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Still no CRIS email but I just checked the mail and had the Welcome to America letter from USCIS. :dance: It only took about 9 months since filing!!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
i dont get it laura... isnt that the origional email they send when u first apply? or is that the next letter u get from us means green card approval? uve got me lost on that one.

my online status has always said since April 06 that my "interview has been descheduled". No updates to when we actually DID have an interview and nothing since then. This email just states its "pending" which is cool because at least I know someone changed something and therefore not lost completely.

Maybe they were even doing a little QA and found my message was "wrong" and simply updated it. Who knows? But we have seen a pattern of touches prior to greencard approval (we have also seen no touches prior to approval too). COuld be anything, or nothing. Was just a shock to have them "fix" it after a year.

Laura, we got the same email on Saturday! Maybe there is "movement" arghhh

I was like.."tell me something new" our I-130 is still pending though...

btw, have people read this memo: Ancillary Benefits Memo, May 11 2007">

Edited by zsam

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: Timeline

Okay folks, as some of you may know, my name check came through on April 17, 2007 after a 16 months wait. Went to infopass about 3 times after that and was told case is under review. So this morning went for another infopass and was given 551 stamp in passport, stamp is valid for six months. Officer said conditional card should arrive in about 2 weeks. So, No more USCIS until March 2009. Our initial filing of AOS was January 30, 2006, had interview June 12, 2006.

As of this minute the status online still has not changed. The officer said that he approved the cas this past Friday but has not updated the system yet. So if it was not for infopass this morning, we would not have known.

Good luck to all who are atill waiting.

Still no CRIS email but I just checked the mail and had the Welcome to America letter from USCIS. :dance: It only took about 9 months since filing!!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

congrats Omid!

Laura, we got the same email on Saturday! Maybe there is "movement" arghhh

I was like.."tell me something new" our I-130 is still pending though...

btw, have people read this memo: Ancillary Benefits Memo, May 11 2007">

I wonder now if it was simply a system update or maybe a system sweep of all pending/aging cases to continue to clear the backlog? wouldn't that be nice for the "oldies" on the list. its way too long for some of you.

So this morning went for another infopass and was given 551 stamp in passport, stamp is valid for six months. Officer said conditional card should arrive in about 2 weeks. So, No more USCIS until March 2009. Our initial filing of AOS was January 30, 2006, had interview June 12, 2006.

congrats on your stamp and final approval! so much good news on our thread! still hoping for the pending peeps.

Hi, everyone

I just got an e-mail that my husband's AP renewal was approved, after only five weeks! I am in shock.

No word about the AOS, of course, but it's a relief that the AP is on the way.

Woo hoo! We'll use any CRIS approval e-mail as a reason to celebrate!

Julie

stella_artois3.jpg

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Timeline

Despair, I guess your husband is planning a visit outside of the US?

You do understand that upon his re-entry with Advance Parole, his status will change from that of a 'petitioner to adjust status' under a valid visa to that of a Parolee?

Just something you should consider.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You do understand that upon his re-entry with Advance Parole, his status will change from that of a 'petitioner to adjust status' under a valid visa to that of a Parolee?

Can I ask where it says that because, when I used my AP, I wasn't told that and my status has been the same since I got back. All subsequent enquiry replies to members of congress, senate and the CSC itself made no mention of it.

Just curious

Annie

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Yes, we're heading to England next month, and no, I wasn't aware of his status change. What does it mean in practical terms? I haven't heard about such a thing being problematic.

He has already traveled abroad and returned to the U.S. with his previous AP, which expired a couple of months thereafter. There was no problem returning, although he did need to wait a few minutes while his documents were checked. So, I guess he must already be a parolee.

He originally came to the U.S. on a K-1, which expired over two years ago, so I'm a bit confused about him having a valid visa.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Actually, the K1 expired about 14 months ago, not two years. I think it's just feels like this whole process has been going on for years!

K-1

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We just received word from our congressman's office that the congressman's liason official at the USCIS Detroit field office said we could travel on our recently approved AP no problem...and we travelled on the previous AP no problem...

So what makes a difference whether they refer to us as petioners or parollees?

And still no word on our AOS... :dance::dance:

Mark (MI) and Laura (Canada)

March 1 2004: I-129F mailed to Nebraska

March 2 2004: NOA1

July 7 2004: RFE in snail mail- want original signature on Laura's G-325

July 23, 2004: APPROVED online (143 days) WOOOOHOOOO!!

Sep 30-2004 - Interview in Vancouver. Visa Approved!

Oct 19, 2004 - Arrive in US through North Portal, North Dakota

Oct 20, 2004 - Home in Michigan at last!!! YEEEHAAAA

Nov. 18, 2004 - Wedding Day :)

***AOS Process***

Jan 25, 2005 Mailed AOS, AP off to Chicago

Feb 2, 2005 Received in mail NOA's dated Jan 31

Feb 23, 2005 Biometrics appt in Grand Rapids. All went well!!

March 10, 2005 Bobby's AP & Laura's AP are Approved!!!!

May 23, 2005 Received AOS Interview Date from Detroit...August 22, 2005

July 6, 2005 Leaving for Negril Jamaica on our honeymoon MMMMMM

August 22, 2005 AOS APPROVED subject to background check.

March 15, 2007 STILL WAITING...File another I 131 Travel App

April 5, 2007 Infopass appt in Detroit. Learned FBI approved name check March 30, 2007

May 1 2007 Contact Congressional liason office, who contact USCIS

May 8, 2007 USCIS issues letter to update fingerprints on May 23

May 16, 2007 Second I 131 approved

May 23, 2007 Fingerprints updated

June 28, 2007 Finally receive Permanent Resident Card !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
my husband traveled last sept on ap and had no problems. does that mean now when we renew his ead or ap we put he is a parolee and not a pending adjustment?

I looked at the I-94 that I got when I used AP and it said that the AP was in relation to my AOS. It made no mention of the fact my status had changed in any way and nobody in any official position has said my status has changed in any way. I guess that a parolee is just someone who has had to leave and come back (with permission) for some reason, but your status is still that of a petitioner applying to adjust status or whatever the terminology is.

Considering we have had numerous phone calls and letters change hands with the congress people and with senators (for all the good it has done us, sigh), and the CSC has emailed, and nobody in the entire process has made any mention of any change of status, then it is safe to assume there hasn't been one.

Even when you check the USCIS website it doesn't say that using AP changes your status in any way. If it did, someone who has reapplied and used AP would have had to amend their application to say "parolee" instead of the petitioner applying for adjustment of status before USCIS would approve it in any way and, since that hasn't happened, then it is safe to say this is because there is no need.

Anyone who can prove me wrong, feel free to state your source

:)

Annie

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Hi, everyone

I just heard from my friend's sister, who is an ICE agent. I asked her about the status change that rebeccajo mentioned and whether this is anything to be concerned about. This was her reply:

Technically, yes when your husband comes back to the United States he will be "paroled" in. But this doesn't really mean anything with regard to your husband's application. He would not have been approved for the parole in the first place had you guys not done everything right. Your husband entered on a K1 visa, technically his status changed as soon as you got married and filed the I-485. The K1 visa is only valid for a 90 day period and is only for unmarried individuals. When you got married in those 90 days and filed the 485, he is now considered an applicant for adjustment. It is very common for applicants who have applications pending to travel on "Advanced Paroles." As long as your husband doesn't violate the terms of his travel, he is still considered an applicant for adjustment. He would not be penalized in any way for this. It doesn't change anything about your husband, or his ability to travel, get EAD or adjust status.

So, it looks like we should be OK.

K-1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.