gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

theres nothing for me to report here either.

hubby got another ead card a week ago or so. real nice of them to notify me that the card has been ordered and a week later he got it and then a few days after that i got email saying it was approved. oh geeeee kinda after the fact isnt it? i think the approval should come first and then the card was ordered and then the card arrives.

oh well. so we sit and wait and get older and older.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Well I keep googling to see if there is any more information about the FBI Name Check in the news and if all this new policy regarding "immigration reform" being discussed is going to have any impact on those currently lurking in the "pending" black hole. So far nothing, and despite my best efforts of emailing any news outlet that claims to listen, they are not interested in covering anything about it unless, it seems, it is from those sueing for citizenship. For those of us still trying to get our green cards so that we can be on our own path to citizenship (if we want it), it's almost as though they don't want to know.

I did find an interesting article on CNN this morning called: Dobbs: Big media hides truth about immigration which is an opinion piece about how the media seem to be shaping the illegal immigration agenda by ommiting such phrases as "illegal immigration" and substituting it with "undocumented workers" - a fact the author notes is an inaccuracy seeing as they have documents, multiples of them, pretty much fake or stolen. It goes on to discuss the impact this is having, and why there needs to be a push for the truth, and accurate statistics and a look at the bigger picture that seems to be blatently ignored by both the media and the politicians themselves. It's a fascinating read...

Anyway, I posted it on the news forum section and am still waiting for it to appear, but it did make me wonder...

If we are wanting to make sure that this thread doesn't disappear into a black hole of its own, why don't we start a campaign to contact the media and ask them to cover the story of the FBI Name Check and the impact of its delays on the 3% that Gonzales says are stuck in its limbo [one source]. This statistic was part of an article posted throughout the press about the proposed fee hikes and why Emilio González, director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services believes the fee hike should be supported. Since they were all happy to report that only 3% are stuck, perhaps they need to hear from some of those 3% so that they can put faces to these statistics. And through it all, we can post our efforts adn their respective feedback on this forum to encourage everyone, and at least *feel* like we are doing something other than just waiting for that one email which says our namecheck has been completed.

I have been trying to get the media to listen since December by sending them my own letters about what it does to me, but I am only one voice and it's pretty evident I am not making any impact by myself.

It's just a thought, and if we start humanizing the legal immigration and its strengths and weaknesses, perhaps we can impact the process enough to force some changes, while pushing for the enforcement of the immigration laws that are already on the books. We might (haha, *might) even get the press to stop sugar-coating illegal immigration and actually reverse the process of calling illegal immigrants anything but "illegal".

Anyhoo, that's my 2 cents for the day.

And it sure felt better than just saying "bump"

THATS A GREAT IDEA!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got a Welcome New Resident e-mail, I am so happy and wanted to thank everyone on this thread for help and support. I couldn't have done it without Visajourney, this thread has been a huge help.

Special thanks to Rebecca and Laura. You guys rock! :thumbs::thumbs:

Please update my status on the spreadsheet. I wish everyone good luck and good news very soon.

Senka

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

congrats SENKA!!! :)

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congragulations Senka, that's very good news!!! And also a huge congragulations to Rebeccajo you have endured this journey too long!!

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Timeline

well my husband finally snapped again today about his green card. most of the time he is really laid back about it but every now and then he freaks out about it. he asked did u hear any news from my greencard yet? i said if i did u would be the first to know. then he asked am i going to at least get to apply for citizenship now? i said nope u gotta wait til 3 years after recieveing the green card. now he is getting more mad by the minute. thats it...we are contacting the lawyer...congressman....and fbi and the one who interviewed us. i said weve been there done that already. well we r going to do it again. this is ######!!! i just said ok this time u do it. ive talked to everyone under the sun with no results so its ur turn.

so i guess he is going to do this. i keep telling him they are not going to do anything except tell u its out of their control so he will just have to wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congratulations SENKA!!! I am so happy for you. Your timeline is so close to mine, so maybe I can expect mine soon too. :dance:

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/10...N-400 mailed to Phoenix,AZ Lockbox

04/06/10...Check cashed. NOA1

05/07/10...Biometrics appointment

06/23/10...Interview appointment - PASSED!

08/19/10...Oath ceremony - Officially a US citizen!!!

08/24/10...Updated SSN records

08/31/10...Applied for US Passport and Card

09/15/10...Received US Passport and Card

I -751 Removal of conditions

04/04/09...I-751 sent to California service center

04/12/09...NOA1. permanent residence extended for one year.

06/10/09...Biometrics appointment done

06/21/09...2 yr GC expired

07/09/09...Approval letter received in the mail!!! GC approved 07/06/09

07/20/09...10 yr GC arrived in the mail.

AOS/EAD timeline: F1 to AOS (married to USC)

11/14/06.....I-130/I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox (Day1)

11/21/06......Checks cashed, NOA1 for I-130/I-1485/EAD arrives in mail (Day 8)

12/12/06.... Biometrics done (Day 29)

01/20/07...Interview notice received dated Jan. 12, Yay!! (Day 68)

01/30/07....EAD touched, finally!(Day 78)

02/01/07....I-485, I-130 touched. EAD card production ordered (Day 80)

02/07/07....EAD card received in mail (Day 86)

02/26/07...Interview - name check pending (Day 105)

06/21/07.... Card production ordered email...omigosh! (Day 220)

06/24/07.....Email: Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident on 6/22

06/30/07.....Welcome notice received in snail mail

07/02/07....Email: Approval notice sent. GC received in mail!!! (232 days from filing)

well my husband finally snapped again today about his green card. most of the time he is really laid back about it but every now and then he freaks out about it. he asked did u hear any news from my greencard yet? i said if i did u would be the first to know. then he asked am i going to at least get to apply for citizenship now? i said nope u gotta wait til 3 years after recieveing the green card. now he is getting more mad by the minute. thats it...we are contacting the lawyer...congressman....and fbi and the one who interviewed us. i said weve been there done that already. well we r going to do it again. this is ######!!! i just said ok this time u do it. ive talked to everyone under the sun with no results so its ur turn.

so i guess he is going to do this. i keep telling him they are not going to do anything except tell u its out of their control so he will just have to wait.

you know what donna? sometimes you do just need to do something. I know when we got responses from people, at least I had confirmation that it was actually still pending, and gave me something concrete. do a round of contacting, every so often, it cant hurt.

Timeline

i know its good to hear something at least even tho its just "pending" but that doesnt tell you if its lost in space somewhere with the fbi. they just tell you is pending in their computer and thats where it stops. it seams they should inquire with the fbi and not just look on their computer screen.

I was approved yesterday as well, whoo!

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

I was approved yesterday as well, whoo!

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.