gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The FBI name check is listed on pages 132 thru 136. It states that they should take no more than 180 days to process all the necessary security checks, it would be good if this bill passes, however i think it will be watered down and the FBI will most probably convince them that this 180 day security checks is unrealistic and must be removed. We shall see what happens.

great information waiting_1! Thanks!

A new bill was introduced (strive act 2007), this time in the house of representatives by congressman Gutierrez. FBI namechecks are listed on page 132. The proposal is making the various agencies accountible for their delays. Much slack has been received due to the language surrounding the EWI community and the perceived amnesty. Although I have yet to see any bills or proposals supporting sending *them* all back, that said, make your own decisions regarding that. however, should you support this bill, please contact your congresspeople to let them know.

http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/S...Act_of_2007.pdf

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The FBI name check is listed on pages 132 thru 136. It states that they should take no more than 180 days to process all the necessary security checks, it would be good if this bill passes, however i think it will be watered down and the FBI will most probably convince them that this 180 day security checks is unrealistic and must be removed. We shall see what happens.

While it does say that, it also says-

unless the Secretary certifies that such background and security check may establish that the alien poses a risk to national security or public safety.

A very easy excuse that I'm sure will be used quite often.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

While it does say that, it also says-

unless the Secretary certifies that such background and security check may establish that the alien poses a risk to national security or public safety.

A very easy excuse that I'm sure will be used quite often.

you could very well be right. at least this provides some accountibility for the system. Right now it does go on indefinately with no correspondence save a senateors/congressmans status check. i believe this will embarrass them further. If this passes as is, they will have to report these numbers. Hundreds of thousands stuck in namechecks indefinately could be quite worrysome for many to see in black and white. USCIS has deemed this part of the process unnecessary to report on due to it being out of the scope of control - so all looks wonderful to Bush (who wants the backlog cleared)

the other option on the table right now is the senate bill which does not address namechecks at all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
you could very well be right. at least this provides some accountibility for the system. Right now it does go on indefinately with no correspondence save a senateors/congressmans status check. i believe this will embarrass them further. If this passes as is, they will have to report these numbers. Hundreds of thousands stuck in namechecks indefinately could be quite worrysome for many to see in black and white. USCIS has deemed this part of the process unnecessary to report on due to it being out of the scope of control - so all looks wonderful to Bush (who wants the backlog cleared)

the other option on the table right now is the senate bill which does not address namechecks at all.

I agree with you 100% that something needs to be done and someone held accountable.

I was reading this article as well today, which gives more detailed timeframes.

S. 795 would implement a system for timely completion of background checks under which the FBI would make a reasonable effort to complete background checks within 90 days of receiving the request from U.S.C.I.S.; the Attorney General should document the reason why a background check was not completed if it reaches the 91st day without completion; after 121 days, the Attorney General must document the reason why the background check was not completed before that date; that if the check goes on for 181 days, the Attorney General must submit no later than 210 days a report to appropriate congressional committees and the Secretary of Homeland Security describing the reasons why the background check was not completed within 180 days and the earliest date on which the Attorney General is certain that the background check will be completed. If the Secretary of Homeland Security receives such report from the Attorney General, the Secretary is to provide the applicant a copy of the report, redacted to remove any classified information.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

I agree with you 100% that something needs to be done and someone held accountable.

I was reading this article as well today, which gives more detailed timeframes.

S. 795 would implement a system for timely completion of background checks under which the FBI would make a reasonable effort to complete background checks within 90 days of receiving the request from U.S.C.I.S.; the Attorney General should document the reason why a background check was not completed if it reaches the 91st day without completion; after 121 days, the Attorney General must document the reason why the background check was not completed before that date; that if the check goes on for 181 days, the Attorney General must submit no later than 210 days a report to appropriate congressional committees and the Secretary of Homeland Security describing the reasons why the background check was not completed within 180 days and the earliest date on which the Attorney General is certain that the background check will be completed. If the Secretary of Homeland Security receives such report from the Attorney General, the Secretary is to provide the applicant a copy of the report, redacted to remove any classified information.

the citizen promotion act is the obama bill which has much tighter timetables 90/121/180 etc. I am just going to guess saying the strive act actually is more likely to get backing since its foremost a comprehensive bill, but in the issue of just namechecks - 180 day reporting is much more feasible for FBI. Even in AFU was lobbying for 180 days. I guess maybe the Obama language was reworked into the strive act - it looks like from the link you provided they worked together on it. very cool!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
great information waiting_1! Thanks!

A new bill was introduced (strive act 2007), this time in the house of representatives by congressman Gutierrez. FBI namechecks are listed on page 132. The proposal is making the various agencies accountible for their delays. Much slack has been received due to the language surrounding the EWI community and the perceived amnesty. Although I have yet to see any bills or proposals supporting sending *them* all back, that said, make your own decisions regarding that. however, should you support this bill, please contact your congresspeople to let them know.

http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/S...Act_of_2007.pdf

Oh....guys...You are waiting 511 days FBI name check:(that's sad it's taking soooo long...Hope you will get soon like all who is waiting this check!!!That's really loooooooooong process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello...especially to some of our "old" friends...

we have been patiently and quietly waiting since our August 2005 AOS Interview.

Letter to congressman got the usual response. Now have infopass appt in Detroit to see what gets turned up.

Guess you can add us to the list. :dance::dance: Still dancing...

Edited by Laura&Mark

Mark (MI) and Laura (Canada)

March 1 2004: I-129F mailed to Nebraska

March 2 2004: NOA1

July 7 2004: RFE in snail mail- want original signature on Laura's G-325

July 23, 2004: APPROVED online (143 days) WOOOOHOOOO!!

Sep 30-2004 - Interview in Vancouver. Visa Approved!

Oct 19, 2004 - Arrive in US through North Portal, North Dakota

Oct 20, 2004 - Home in Michigan at last!!! YEEEHAAAA

Nov. 18, 2004 - Wedding Day :)

***AOS Process***

Jan 25, 2005 Mailed AOS, AP off to Chicago

Feb 2, 2005 Received in mail NOA's dated Jan 31

Feb 23, 2005 Biometrics appt in Grand Rapids. All went well!!

March 10, 2005 Bobby's AP & Laura's AP are Approved!!!!

May 23, 2005 Received AOS Interview Date from Detroit...August 22, 2005

July 6, 2005 Leaving for Negril Jamaica on our honeymoon MMMMMM

August 22, 2005 AOS APPROVED subject to background check.

March 15, 2007 STILL WAITING...File another I 131 Travel App

April 5, 2007 Infopass appt in Detroit. Learned FBI approved name check March 30, 2007

May 1 2007 Contact Congressional liason office, who contact USCIS

May 8, 2007 USCIS issues letter to update fingerprints on May 23

May 16, 2007 Second I 131 approved

May 23, 2007 Fingerprints updated

June 28, 2007 Finally receive Permanent Resident Card !!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had an infopass appointment the other. We were told it could take up to 5 years for our namecheck. We are approaching our third anniversary!!!

Hubby - Canada Wife- USA

Came to USA on an F1 Visa

Met my wife to be August 2001 at college in Nebraska

May 29,2004 - Married!!!!!

July 1, 2004 - Filed AOS, AP, I-130 and Ead in person-Houston

July 12, 2004 - Notice date

July 29, 2004 - Bios

Nov 10, 2004 - I-485 touched

Nov 17, 2004 - I-131 approved

Nov 24, 2004 - I-765 approved

Apr 25, 2005 - status inquiry since AOS is 90 days overdue

May 2, 2005 - status inquiry letter to Houston office

May 19, 2005 - had a meeting with the ICE ( they said they didnt know I filed for AOS???)

July 7, 2005 - sent a letter to Senator, Missouri Cis, CIS Ombudsman

July 27, 2005 - letter from Ombudsman - they will start an inquiry into my case.

Sept 14, 2005 - receieved a letter from USCIS Houston that I need to contact Missouri ( from status inquiry)

Oct 6, 2005 - fingerprinting- EAD

Nov 15, 2005 - Received letter from CIS Ombudsman-I need to contact the Houston USCIS

Nov 17, 2005 - Received AP and Ead in mail

Dec 28, 2005 - fingerprinting- AOS

Feb 9, 2006 - Aos interiew- still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - Second AOS interview, still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - I-130 approved

Dec 2, 2007 - Fingerprinted again..third time for AOS

Feb 14, 2008 - Received email case approved

Feb 26, 2008 - received Green Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We had an infopass appointment the other. We were told it could take up to 5 years for our namecheck. We are approaching our third anniversary!!!

I am so sorry you have to go through this. That is absolutely terrible, 5 years for a name check? What do they do? Send someone in person to itravel and nterview everyone in the world with the same name?

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey Laura and Mark I was just wondering about you two. I can't believe you are stuck in here also! Can you remember when we thought we were at the end of this ha! ha!

Hello...especially to some of our "old" friends...

we have been patiently and quietly waiting since our August 2005 AOS Interview.

Letter to congressman got the usual response. Now have infopass appt in Detroit to see what gets turned up.

Guess you can add us to the list. :dance::dance: Still dancing...

Elsa USA, Ali Algeria

I-129F sent 3/25/2004

NOA #1 3/30/2004

NOA #2 7/6/2004 100 days!!!

7/30/2004 Arrived NVC

8/11/04 Ali received packet from Consular

8/24/04 Ali had interview and was approved

Had to waited 2 weeks for security check

9/15/04 Arrived POE Atlanta

9/28/04 Applied SSN

10/19/04 Recieved SS card

10/25/04 Drivers license (IN requires permit for 60 days)

10/30/04 Married

12/7/04 AOS sent

1/05 Biometrics

5/23/05 AOS interview Approved pending FBI background check

1/06 EAD- (renewed )

AP- applied online took 6 weeks to receive

(we made all the request possible, but were told they could do nothing about how long the FBI was taking)

12/06 FBI background check finished after 2 years

7/07 after 7 months Indianapolis sends request for new bio metrics (made numerous inquiries to NSC and senator)

7/17/07 Bio metrics done again

8/8/07 Received request for further proof of relationship

8/13/07 Bills, photos, letters showing proof received by Indy

9/10/2007 Finally the card production and welcome letter email received

Seems i was indeed correct to not get excited over the 3 'your fingerprinting has been processed' emails.

I got home on Thursday and what did i find? 'a green card??' i hear you cry. Did i Bolloc*s!! ANOTHER biometrics testing, seems they have taken SOOOOO long to still not have completed my FBI namecheck that my fingerprints have 'expired' and need to be redone.

Is it me or does that seem crazy? i mean c'mon, how can my prints expire? they are still my prints, could you not just redo the same fingerprint process on the ones you already have rather than having me high tail it into Boston for something they already have??? Its not like my alien fingers will have morphed into a different form or something now is it.

i just dont get it.

OUR TIMELINE....

March 20th 2004 posted I-129f to VSC

March 22nd 2004 NOA1

May 26th 2004 recieved RFE via email

June 4th 2004 recieved RFE in post (photos were not dated, boarding pass had no year on it. oops!)

June 14th 2004 posted response to RFE

June 22nd 2004 VSC recieved response to RFE (dated 18/06/04)

JULY 1st 2004...101 days and STILL counting!!

July 7th 2004 WE ARE APPROVED!!

July 10th 2004NOA2 in post.

July 14th 2004 File sent from NVC to London.

July 28th 2004 Packet 3 recieved

August 12th 2004 sent packet 3 back.

November 1st 2004 Interview date.... APPROVED.

March 8th 2005 Arrive via Bos. Finally see my man again.

May 14th 2005 Our wedding day

June 10th 2005 sent in AOS forms.

August 16th 2005 Biometrics

Sept 6th 2005 Interview - went well....i think.

Nov 7th 2006 STILL awaiting FBI name check!!!!!!!! no green card, no touches, nothing. Getting a bit fed up with being in Limbo land. :0(

January 2007 wrote to senator, who in turn contacted FBI. Yes we are STILL in name check, they got our name in June 2005!!!

February 27th 2007 3 emails all saying the same thing. Fingerprinting processing is completed.

March 20th 2007 Have written to Michael Cannon head of FBI namecheck. Mentioned i am no longer amused :0(

April 28th 2007 Recieved letter asking me to go for third set of fingerprints!

April 29th 2007 Sent a letter to query the need for 3rd set of prints.

May 2nd 2007 USCIS replied - do NOT need a third set after all - go figure

I guess we can add our names to the list... :(

do you know your NOA1 date? I have noticed many on this list do not have timelines filled out. Im not a timeline nazi - but its nice to see when trying to keep up with a list like this :blush:

doodles - im sorry to see this, but in some cases request for new fingerprinting can be triggered upon completion of namechecks. Others have seen that they were called and still continue to process. At least its some kind of movement - hopefully you don't like too far from the ASC!

Well, to be honest, i was half expecting it. The chap at the office in NH mentioned that they would probably recall me if it went much longer. I think he said something about after 15 months of waiting you should go again, but who knows seems everybody is told something different by each office.

OUR TIMELINE....

March 20th 2004 posted I-129f to VSC

March 22nd 2004 NOA1

May 26th 2004 recieved RFE via email

June 4th 2004 recieved RFE in post (photos were not dated, boarding pass had no year on it. oops!)

June 14th 2004 posted response to RFE

June 22nd 2004 VSC recieved response to RFE (dated 18/06/04)

JULY 1st 2004...101 days and STILL counting!!

July 7th 2004 WE ARE APPROVED!!

July 10th 2004NOA2 in post.

July 14th 2004 File sent from NVC to London.

July 28th 2004 Packet 3 recieved

August 12th 2004 sent packet 3 back.

November 1st 2004 Interview date.... APPROVED.

March 8th 2005 Arrive via Bos. Finally see my man again.

May 14th 2005 Our wedding day

June 10th 2005 sent in AOS forms.

August 16th 2005 Biometrics

Sept 6th 2005 Interview - went well....i think.

Nov 7th 2006 STILL awaiting FBI name check!!!!!!!! no green card, no touches, nothing. Getting a bit fed up with being in Limbo land. :0(

January 2007 wrote to senator, who in turn contacted FBI. Yes we are STILL in name check, they got our name in June 2005!!!

February 27th 2007 3 emails all saying the same thing. Fingerprinting processing is completed.

March 20th 2007 Have written to Michael Cannon head of FBI namecheck. Mentioned i am no longer amused :0(

April 28th 2007 Recieved letter asking me to go for third set of fingerprints!

April 29th 2007 Sent a letter to query the need for 3rd set of prints.

May 2nd 2007 USCIS replied - do NOT need a third set after all - go figure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.