gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

I think you all whine too much at least you are with your spouse. I would give anything to be in the USA with my husband. Soon 2 years married but not togeather!!! so maybe on this thanksgiving you all should count your blessings. at least you get to carve a turkey togeather and enjoy your familys. Screw this USICS dubage, it dont mean nothing when you have your spouse right there. for us all our holidays and precious moments have been kicked from under us.

u gotta a lotta nerve saying people whine too much here...what the hell are u doing? oh my God ur whinning.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I think you all whine too much at least you are with your spouse. I would give anything to be in the USA with my husband. Soon 2 years married but not togeather!!! so maybe on this thanksgiving you all should count your blessings. at least you get to carve a turkey togeather and enjoy your familys. Screw this USICS dubage, it dont mean nothing when you have your spouse right there. for us all our holidays and precious moments have been kicked from under us.

Welcome back Shon.

Why would you say such stuff to people who are your friends? We wouldn't say that kind of stuff to you.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

O.k., let's count our blessings...

Number One: the IGNORE button at VJ!!! :devil:

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

We can finally be taken off this list --- greencard arrived in the mail today!! Yippeee! If no mistakes had been made by USCIS , then we should have had the card on Oct 27. Due to their incompetence ( typing error on our address) we had to wait another month, but after an infopass appointment 2 weeks ago we finally have it in hand . That means it was only about 3 mos for the fbi check here , not too bad. Hope that they are on a roll and more will be approved soon. Good luck to all.

Jess

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same for us. Filed in 2004, passed interview April 2005, namecheck pending since then.

David (USA) & Marissa (Philippines)

Our Timeline

2004-04-08 Married in Saipan, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)

<span style='color:red'>AOS/AP</span>

2004-08-18 Received Date (at MSC)

2004-09-01 Notice Date on NOA1

2005-04-19 Interview -- Everything OK but FBI name check still pending

2006-12-22 I-130 approved (notified by email)

2006-12-26 I-485 approved

2z5rlnr.jpg

congratulations to jesskhan!!! :dance:

i hope you all don't mind...but i'll probably continue to stalk this thread for a while...i'm still hoping and praying that you all get approved SOON!

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

I think you are a complete moron. Oh yea, I am thankful I live in the USA and can exercise my freedom of speech in telling you so.

Well this is something new, not sure what it means after almost 2 years of waiting, but at this point any change is good.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

This is the exact notice Marina received about two weeks after completing her biometrics; the same notice that Carina did not receive and is why I think lost biometrics led to her delay in being approved.

Since I do not see a note that you re-did your biometrics, I am guessing that somebody at USCIS found your biometrics and put them with your file and you are close to an approval now.

Just a guess on my part but I hope it's true!

Dave

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

Hi....I am in the same position..had my interview in May and they found my fingerprints and FBI check missing from the system...so...I was reprinted but my case is STILL pending my FBI name check. I have written to Washington DC and they are reviewing my case...but I think its like asking how long is a piece of string????? We have also informed our local congressman who did help me renew my employment authorization as it expired because this all is taking sooo long. I cannt help wondering if being from the UK we are subject to increased securety checks...which is fine just frustrating!! Good luck :)

My wife had her AOS interview March 8th and was told that she was successful, but final approval was pending for the FBI name check.

Are there others out there in the same position?

Do we have an average for how long they take to complete the task, or is it another one of those cases where we just have to sit and wait until it happens?

Thanks,

G

Filed: Timeline

well, just got back from an infopass appointment. The only new piece of info i was able to get out of them is that my name check was ordered in February 2006, almost 9 months now, and that my fingerprints (taken last year in a separate case) have already expired in july 2006, and a new set will not be ordered until the name check clears.

Edited by waiting-1

Meanwhile there's a thread in this forum of people who got transfered to the California Service Center but they are whining and bitching because it's been more than 60 days and they don't have greencards yet.

Perspective is definitely needed in a lot of cases. However, I would also point out that there are people dealing with USCIS who have been seperated from their loved ones and are forced to wait years to be reunited. At least you and Wes are together.

Meanwhile there's a thread in this forum of people who got transfered to the California Service Center but they are whining and bitching because it's been more than 60 days and they don't have greencards yet.

Perspective is definitely needed in a lot of cases. However, I would also point out that there are people dealing with USCIS who have been seperated from their loved ones and are forced to wait years to be reunited. At least you and Wes are together.

Normally Doc I would allow myself to be content with that thought. But I am sick until I could vomit of reading the crybaby nonsense in the CSC threads. I'm also sick of telling people who ask about my husbands greencard that his security clearance isn't complete and having them look at me like he might be some sort of criminal. After all, I believe it was you who commented (not rudely but commented nonetheless) that he is from Northern Ireland after all.

This "stop whining" stuff is making me nostalgic for waiting for months with the I129f at the CSC while VSC people got insta-approvals.

True. But you didn't then and don't now see the Vermont petitioners starting a thread comparing each others timelines, worrying and complaining collectively about who could beat each other to the punch, and effectively rubbing it in everybody else's face that their good fortune wasn't or isn't quite good enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.