gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

well guys, we "made" it. we hit our 2 year since married mark last friday soooo in theory we should receive the greencard whenever it is adjudicated. That is the only thing that is semi-decent about this rediculous waiting game. Of course repeatedly paying for interim benefits sucks, and we are set to apply for AP again in at the end of this week. /sigh.

Im looking at the bright side. :star:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, here's a little "update" from me - we have received a letter today from the USCIS, my husband called the NCSC again about two weeks ago and bitched about our - as they put it on the letter - "non-delivery of permanent resident card" (he actually managed to get through all this automatic #######, argue with the "I know nothing" person on the other side and get transferred to speak with a real immigration officer :huh: ). She seemed to be really sympathetic (oh well, if only that could help us) and "promised" to check our case. So here comes the letter, surprisingly it says on the envelope that it came from Luisville, KY, I hope they didn't mix it up with our Saint Louis, MO :o The first time we received a letter like this from our local office in Saint Louis, so this whole Kentucky thing seems pretty odd :blink: .

"The process of your case has been delayed. A check of your records establishes that your case is not yet ready for desicion, as the required investigation into my background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below."

P.S. I don't know if you can call it "progress" but last time the same very letter said "within 9 months of this letter", now it says "within 6". How "wonderful"! I guess we can resume our bugging them in 6 months from now instead of 9! Our wait continues though......... :cry: And no Xmas green card present for me either :unsure:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am so sick of that form response. I am all to used to this....as are most ppl on this thread. Ahh..

I just want my husband's 10-year greencard.

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Last night was our first call for the flower campaign. Thanks to everyone who joined!

We drew from the discussion we would like a bit more time to work on the date as other groups are rallying and we do not want the message to be lost.

The message, to clarify, is that long security check delays are first and foremost a security risk. These checks should be quickly resolved simply for the benefit of security. The delays are also unfair to immigrants. The DHS does acknowledge the issue, which only helps the cause.

It is important to note that the audience is NOT the FBI, but the nation through media. We have much motivation and support and want to take this first step in building awareness for this issue.

Our next call will be September 26th to finalize the date, and to fine tune the procedure. :D

Just a quick update :

Call yesterday 9/26

Discussed was a lower cost event to have a greater impact. Forget-me-not seed packaged would offer lower cost, and ability to disperse easily at a cost of $.35 a package. This was we can send them to the contacts of the FBI, Congress, etc.

Paul will do a write up and we will go from there (still no official sending date)

I would encourage you all to consider joining in on this piece. Its easy & will be fun to do!

Coming up on 3 years.

We got a letter last week saying that my wifes fingerprints have expired. We have to make the 3 hour drive for the 1 dagblamed fingerprint!

Patrick

Filed for I-485 AOS 7-12-04

File went to FBI for Name Check on 10-08-2004

AOS interview 2-16-2006

Told that AOS approved "Pending Name Check"

Refiled for EAD 12-12-2006

EAD approved 3-04-2007

I-131-AP filed 2-18-2007

I have written both Senators of my state with no luck.

I have written my district congressman with no luck.

They all say it is out of their hands.

I even wrote GW Bush a letter asking for help , but got no reply.

Filed: Other Timeline
Coming up on 3 years.

We got a letter last week saying that my wifes fingerprints have expired. We have to make the 3 hour drive for the 1 dagblamed fingerprint!

Patrick

Patrick.........

Has she recently refiled for a renewal of interim benefits (EAD/AP)? Is this the biometrics for that?

If not, then this is a call for a full set of ten prints...............which usually means a greencard is just around the corner.

Ummmm, Not sure! I hope you are correct, but I do know that her fingerprints are expired and we have to get them redone. I am surely gonna be praying about this.

Pat

Filed for I-485 AOS 7-12-04

File went to FBI for Name Check on 10-08-2004

AOS interview 2-16-2006

Told that AOS approved "Pending Name Check"

Refiled for EAD 12-12-2006

EAD approved 3-04-2007

I-131-AP filed 2-18-2007

I have written both Senators of my state with no luck.

I have written my district congressman with no luck.

They all say it is out of their hands.

I even wrote GW Bush a letter asking for help , but got no reply.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

it really might be good news pat. my husbands prints have been expired probably 2 years now and they havent asked for new ones. i dont think they really need them or they would have called by now for them. good luck

For those of us participating in the flower campaign - this the yahoo group set up:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlowerCampaignPlanning

and this is the survey :

http://www.americanfamiliesunited.com/surv...flower_campaign

Edited by LaL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
well guys, we "made" it. we hit our 2 year since married mark last friday soooo in theory we should receive the greencard whenever it is adjudicated. That is the only thing that is semi-decent about this rediculous waiting game. Of course repeatedly paying for interim benefits sucks, and we are set to apply for AP again in at the end of this week. /sigh.

Im looking at the bright side. :star:

Congratulations on reaching your 2 year anniversary :)

here's hoping your wait for a Green Card is now short and sweet

2005 August 27th Happily Married

For those of us participating in the flower campaign - this the yahoo group set up:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlowerCampaignPlanning

Hey guys - we are drumming up support for this issue and we want to further it rather quickly. If you are interested in what is going on with the Flower Campaign feel free to check it out :)

Edited by LaL

we had our interview last wednesday, easy as can be, just waiting for the name check. but when my husband tries to log on to the USCIS website, where we had been checking the last couple months on his EAD and AOS status, he can no longer log on for updates when his GC will be shipped etc. has anyone else had that happen after their interview?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

we had our interview last wednesday, easy as can be, just waiting for the name check. but when my husband tries to log on to the USCIS website, where we had been checking the last couple months on his EAD and AOS status, he can no longer log on for updates when his GC will be shipped etc. has anyone else had that happen after their interview?

yes, ours disappeared for about a month post-interview.

I hope your *stay* with our thread is short!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

we can still log on but the updates never change. weve had his ap papers for about 2 months now and the website said they have recieved and pending.

as far as the aos...it hasnt changed since feb. 14, 2005.

yes, ours disappeared for about a month post-interview.

I hope your *stay* with our thread is short!

thanks, i hope so too! :)

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.