gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I don't even know if I am in the FBI namecheck, but nobody has even touched my case since 1/20/07...and I know some of you have much longer waits but this is sooo frusterating!!!

Had to vent! :crying:

Once you are outside of the "normal" processing times, you can make a service request and they will tell you where you are in the process

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
I don't even know if I am in the FBI namecheck, but nobody has even touched my case since 1/20/07...and I know some of you have much longer waits but this is sooo frusterating!!!

Once you are outside of the "normal" processing times, you can make a service request and they will tell you where you are in the process

How do I do that? I just heard that you can get the congressman involved but I don't know how either....

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

How do I do that? I just heard that you can get the congressman involved but I don't know how either....

you can just call the USCIS service line, mind you it took 6-7 months to get a return on the 4 service requests I did - and 2 were never answered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I called! The lady there was very nice and she told me that I am not in the FBI namecheck and that I should hear something any day now..that they are behind and trying to catch up before the fees are getting up.

She even apologized for the delays....nice...just not really helping any of us.

But at least I know I didn't miss out on anything, like a nice RFE or so...lol

A little relieved.....

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Marvelous - So my husband has a friend or a friend who works in the FBI. Having patiently waited TWO YEARS he calls 'buddy' who puts out feelers as to where our file is and who is working on it. What does he get back? NOTHING, they can't even find my file!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that? nada, not a sausage, seems our file really IS propping up someones wobbly desk. And who do we have that we can complain to about this? NO ONE. The USCIS just say we are pending the FBI say we are pending IF they even respond. Now what? wait another two years til they accidentally come across it? If you can't find it when you are actually looking what chance do i have of you stumbling across it????

I am beyond pissed off now. This government is SO messed up its not even remotely funny.

:angry::help:

OUR TIMELINE....

March 20th 2004 posted I-129f to VSC

March 22nd 2004 NOA1

May 26th 2004 recieved RFE via email

June 4th 2004 recieved RFE in post (photos were not dated, boarding pass had no year on it. oops!)

June 14th 2004 posted response to RFE

June 22nd 2004 VSC recieved response to RFE (dated 18/06/04)

JULY 1st 2004...101 days and STILL counting!!

July 7th 2004 WE ARE APPROVED!!

July 10th 2004NOA2 in post.

July 14th 2004 File sent from NVC to London.

July 28th 2004 Packet 3 recieved

August 12th 2004 sent packet 3 back.

November 1st 2004 Interview date.... APPROVED.

March 8th 2005 Arrive via Bos. Finally see my man again.

May 14th 2005 Our wedding day

June 10th 2005 sent in AOS forms.

August 16th 2005 Biometrics

Sept 6th 2005 Interview - went well....i think.

Nov 7th 2006 STILL awaiting FBI name check!!!!!!!! no green card, no touches, nothing. Getting a bit fed up with being in Limbo land. :0(

January 2007 wrote to senator, who in turn contacted FBI. Yes we are STILL in name check, they got our name in June 2005!!!

February 27th 2007 3 emails all saying the same thing. Fingerprinting processing is completed.

March 20th 2007 Have written to Michael Cannon head of FBI namecheck. Mentioned i am no longer amused :0(

April 28th 2007 Recieved letter asking me to go for third set of fingerprints!

April 29th 2007 Sent a letter to query the need for 3rd set of prints.

May 2nd 2007 USCIS replied - do NOT need a third set after all - go figure

wonder how some of these people they talk about got thru the fbi check to get their greencards at least. i sure hope my husband dont get stuck again when he applys to get citizenship.

I'm not positive about this, but I think that most of the people you read about whose citizenship applications are held up by name check got their green cards before the FBI background check was implemented, at least in the way it's done now. I guess it would follow that if your background check cleared (or will clear) after this new-ish implementation, it's unlikely that you'd get stuck again when applying for citizenship. But as with all this secretive "highly sensitive" stuff, who knows?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Marvelous - So my husband has a friend or a friend who works in the FBI. Having patiently waited TWO YEARS he calls 'buddy' who puts out feelers as to where our file is and who is working on it. What does he get back? NOTHING, they can't even find my file!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that? nada, not a sausage, seems our file really IS propping up someones wobbly desk. And who do we have that we can complain to about this? NO ONE. The USCIS just say we are pending the FBI say we are pending IF they even respond. Now what? wait another two years til they accidentally come across it? If you can't find it when you are actually looking what chance do i have of you stumbling across it????

I am beyond pissed off now. This government is SO messed up its not even remotely funny.

Doodles, did you try contacting your local congressperson? One of the few things they can do regarding name check delays is verify that the FBI has received a background investigation request from USCIS and that it is pending. They can't speed it up, unfortunately (I'm sure you know that!), but they can help to ensure that a file hasn't fallen through the cracks.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Doodles, did you try contacting your local congressperson? One of the few things they can do regarding name check delays is verify that the FBI has received a background investigation request from USCIS and that it is pending. They can't speed it up, unfortunately (I'm sure you know that!), but they can help to ensure that a file hasn't fallen through the cracks.

We actually got a copy of the response and the FBI will confirm the date of receipt and that is a bout it. But at least we have that

I called! The lady there was very nice and she told me that I am not in the FBI namecheck and that I should hear something any day now..that they are behind and trying to catch up before the fees are getting up.

She even apologized for the delays....nice...just not really helping any of us.

But at least I know I didn't miss out on anything, like a nice RFE or so...lol

A little relieved.....

some people have all the luck :bonk:

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

I have been in contact with our State Sen. since the end of last year and they did indeed get a respsonse confirming our name check was recieved by the FBI two years ago. Nothing since then though.

OUR TIMELINE....

March 20th 2004 posted I-129f to VSC

March 22nd 2004 NOA1

May 26th 2004 recieved RFE via email

June 4th 2004 recieved RFE in post (photos were not dated, boarding pass had no year on it. oops!)

June 14th 2004 posted response to RFE

June 22nd 2004 VSC recieved response to RFE (dated 18/06/04)

JULY 1st 2004...101 days and STILL counting!!

July 7th 2004 WE ARE APPROVED!!

July 10th 2004NOA2 in post.

July 14th 2004 File sent from NVC to London.

July 28th 2004 Packet 3 recieved

August 12th 2004 sent packet 3 back.

November 1st 2004 Interview date.... APPROVED.

March 8th 2005 Arrive via Bos. Finally see my man again.

May 14th 2005 Our wedding day

June 10th 2005 sent in AOS forms.

August 16th 2005 Biometrics

Sept 6th 2005 Interview - went well....i think.

Nov 7th 2006 STILL awaiting FBI name check!!!!!!!! no green card, no touches, nothing. Getting a bit fed up with being in Limbo land. :0(

January 2007 wrote to senator, who in turn contacted FBI. Yes we are STILL in name check, they got our name in June 2005!!!

February 27th 2007 3 emails all saying the same thing. Fingerprinting processing is completed.

March 20th 2007 Have written to Michael Cannon head of FBI namecheck. Mentioned i am no longer amused :0(

April 28th 2007 Recieved letter asking me to go for third set of fingerprints!

April 29th 2007 Sent a letter to query the need for 3rd set of prints.

May 2nd 2007 USCIS replied - do NOT need a third set after all - go figure

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
good news...somebody told me that they are hiring 400 people just for take care of the namecheck backlog, they wanna get this done until the end of this year...i hope so!!!

that would be great if its the truth and these 400 people dont take forever to be trained. lets just hope they can finish by the end of the year cuz we will have to apply again for ead in dec for my husband at the new rates which sucks big time.

Sigh <_<

Filed for I-485 AOS 7-12-04

File went to FBI for Name Check on 10-08-2004

AOS interview 2-16-2006

Told that AOS approved "Pending Name Check"

Refiled for EAD 12-12-2006

EAD approved 3-04-2007

I-131-AP filed 2-18-2007

I have written both Senators of my state with no luck.

I have written my district congressman with no luck.

They all say it is out of their hands.

I even wrote GW Bush a letter asking for help , but got no reply.

Be nice to make this a sticky, so I don't have to keep updating it. :)

Filed for I-485 AOS 7-12-04

File went to FBI for Name Check on 10-08-2004

AOS interview 2-16-2006

Told that AOS approved "Pending Name Check"

Refiled for EAD 12-12-2006

EAD approved 3-04-2007

I-131-AP filed 2-18-2007

I have written both Senators of my state with no luck.

I have written my district congressman with no luck.

They all say it is out of their hands.

I even wrote GW Bush a letter asking for help , but got no reply.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i was wondering does anyone know if it seams like fbi checks are completed faster then the ones who adjust in the usa such as k-1 and k-3? has anyone ever heard of anyone getting stuck for years for cr/1 and the other one?

well i had a interesting article from my local newspaper this week to share with you all but i scaned it and now its too big to upload and i dont have any idea of how else to share it. makes me mad cuz it was really good too. just my luck.

the woman was talking about why are the ones who came legally are getting punished in name checks and they want to bring the illegals into the mix and move the legals even farther back in the que. her advice to the dept. of homeland security....clear the damn baglogs first. memeo to the senate...clear the backlogs first. memo to the white house...clear the backlogs first.

wow...someone who is actually with us stuck legals.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.