TransplantUSA

Knightsbridge Review 4/4/18

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you very much for this in-depth explanation. I'm glad it all went well for you, even if it was a strange experience. I'm going to finally have my own experience on Tuesday, and it's helpful to hear these very recent experiences. Do you get any form of completion/validation when you leave, or is the presumption things are only okay if nobody tells you otherwise (there, or at a later date)? 

24 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

Thank you very much for this in-depth explanation. I'm glad it all went well for you, even if it was a strange experience. I'm going to finally have my own experience on Tuesday, and it's helpful to hear these very recent experiences. Do you get any form of completion/validation when you leave, or is the presumption things are only okay if nobody tells you otherwise (there, or at a later date)? 

You get told that if you don’t hear from them after 5 working days then everything is good and it will be couriered to the embassy on the 5th day. They do give you a letter that said I’d attended and paid along with your vaccination document. 

I'm still going to call them the day before my interview (next thursday) just to confirm that it has been sent to the embassy, just so I’m not sidelined by the revelation. It wouldnt surprise me if its not there by Thursday because there doesn't seem to be much organisation at Knightsbridge.

I wish you the best of luck for Tuesday!

Timeline
4 hours ago, emylady said:

Stood in a model like pose (breasts pressed against the xray with your hands bent on your hips while pushing them forward to keep everything squeezed on the machine :lol: 

That position is actually to clear your scapulae out of the field of your lungs, not to squeeze everything on the machine  ;-) 

3 minutes ago, ambrella said:

That position is actually to clear your scapulae out of the field of your lungs, not to squeeze everything on the machine  ;-) 

Haha :) Thanks for the explanation! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, emylady said:

You get told that if you don’t hear from them after 5 working days then everything is good and it will be couriered to the embassy on the 5th day. They do give you a letter that said I’d attended and paid along with your vaccination document. 

I'm still going to call them the day before my interview (next thursday) just to confirm that it has been sent to the embassy, just so I’m not sidelined by the revelation. It wouldnt surprise me if its not there by Thursday because there doesn't seem to be much organisation at Knightsbridge.

I wish you the best of luck for Tuesday!

Thank you. :) At least giving you a confirmation letter is something... It's just another waiting game otherwise! I really hope they do stand by their 5 day transfer for you. I have two weeks between my interview and appointment in an attempt to ease my ever-growing anxiety! 

5 hours ago, CaptainAmerica said:

Thank you. :) At least giving you a confirmation letter is something... It's just another waiting game otherwise! I really hope they do stand by their 5 day transfer for you. I have two weeks between my interview and appointment in an attempt to ease my ever-growing anxiety! 

I wish I’d left a little bit more time but I was just so fed up of waiting haha. I’m sure the medical will be easy for you. I’ve been reading the embassy reviews but there aren’t many available from those who self sponsored so I’m just hoping it goes well. I promise to review the embassy for you! 

Timeline
18 hours ago, emylady said:

I wish I’d left a little bit more time but I was just so fed up of waiting haha. I’m sure the medical will be easy for you. I’ve been reading the embassy reviews but there aren’t many available from those who self sponsored so I’m just hoping it goes well. I promise to review the embassy for you! 

Thank you, and I'll be sure to post my experiences on here too. 

Timeline

Possibly a stupid question but what sort of letter do you ask your doctor for for depression. If you are still suffering or on antidepressants will this be a problem? 

2 hours ago, L&S2017 said:

Possibly a stupid question but what sort of letter do you ask your doctor for for depression. If you are still suffering or on antidepressants will this be a problem? 

I literally said to them that I needed them to review my previous mental health records and summarise it into a letter with a note of any medication taken (or still on). It needs to have this exact statement on it: [Your Name] is not a risk to themselves or others (can be worded similar, mine said: I am not aware that Emily is a risk to herself or poses a risk to others at the present time. But as long as it says not a risk, you should be fine.

Regarding present issues, are you seeing a counsellor or psychiatrist? If so, having them write that letter might be better. If not, It may depend on if you've been suicidal or self harmed recently as that would probably result in the Knightsbridge recommending you for psychiatric evaluation. I hope this helps, you can always phone Knightsbridge for advice. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 05/04/2018 at 10:38 AM, emylady said:

Hi everyone, 

I know I found people's reviews really helpful when waiting for my medical so I thought I'd write one of my own. The place is very easy to find. There's a pub on the corner (The Coach Maker's Arms) and opposite is the Bentinck Mansion building, you'll see the name in two apple shapes outside. Just press for Flat 4 and then push the door. Once you're inside, it's on your right. Very small reception, the two windows are right next to the door so you'll get a bit cramped moving about when someone wants to get in and out. Only 1 toilet, so there's a bit of a queue for your urine sample.

The lady at the first window had absolutely no patience at all. She asked me what I was there for, US Visa Medical, asked my name and said, "Do you have everything we asked you to bring?". I panicked because I was hoping she would ask for them but I gave her everything I had which seemed to be enough. She scanned copies of my passport, police certificate, medical letter, medical history, vaccinations and embassy letter and gave me everything back except my passport and the medical questionnaire they ask you to complete. 

I was given another 2 forms; the first one was consent for the medical and the other another in depth medical questionnaire along with a pot to pee in (only half a cup needed but boy was it hard!) and a red bag to put it in.

Within about 5 minutes of handing all this back in, I was called for my chest x-ray. Lovely guy, very friendly and chatty. Took everything off my top half and into the gown with the opening at the back. Stood in a model like pose (breasts pressed against the xray with your hands bent on your hips while pushing them forward to keep everything squeezed on the machine :lol: and keeping your chin on the top bar (so awkward)) Take the deepest breath you can before a slight flash and then done! Got to see a lovely image of my chest, lungs and ribs! Said he couldn't see any issues so I got dressed and he told me to take a right into the next room to see the Vaccinations lady.

I walked in, and she was like "YEP all your vaccinations are here, off you go to the waiting room". So I didn't even get chance to look at the form or ask her if she meant for the AOS part not just as a K1 holder.

About 10 minutes later, an older gentleman called me, who I realised was the doctor and this is where it gets funny. He asked me if i'd had any operations, I said keyhole surgery to look at my Fallopian tubes, was going to take one out but didn't. He asked if I knew why I said no. He asked if i was on medication, I said no. And then he got to the part about my mental health history. He said he'd read the letter from my doctor (cost £30.50 to get) and that my history was from 2005/2006 and asked what happened. I said my mother died in 2004 and I fell apart. He gave me his condolences and then said "You're all better now?"...... I said, yes. He said okay then and just wrote down that I'd had depression, attempted suicide and self harmed and that was it! After reading other people's reviews on here about mental health issues, I was expecting a complete grilling and even to have to go to some psychiatric sessions but nothing!

He asked me to get undressed leave just my bra and knickers on with the gown opening to the front. Laid down on this bed and he looked in my eyes, ears, nose and throat before prodding my tummy, listening to my chest and hitting my legs with one of those things to test your reflexes. He asked about all my tattoos: Did i get them done in the UK? Were the needles were properly sterilised? etc. Yes. Saw my self harm scars and how they were now part of my tattoo sleeve. He drew blood and we chatted about people with tattoos being afraid of needles and how its a real phobia and then he weighed me, checked my height and then asked me to get dressed.

Sat back on the chair and he said that everything looks to be in good order and my file should be sent to the embassy in 5 working days if the bloods and urine test come back fine. He said he just wanted to check my vaccinations with the previous lady and I went back to the waiting room. Was called to the reception window and she gave me  a copy of my vaccinations form that had been filled out and I asked if everything was completely up to date for AOS not just K1 vaccinations and she said yes. I did end up checking the form shortly after leaving and it does say it's all complete, but where shes ticked off the Tdap one and put the most recent injection date, she also put a code B (insufficient time or something) yet I have had many of this vaccination, the most recent being 2017 which is way within the 10 years. So I'm hoping that won't raise issues or and RFE for AOS.

I paid the £300 and got my passport back. 

The thing that stood out to me most is that you feel like you're all cattle just being herded around to different rooms. There isn't any flow and people seem to complete the steps all differently. The waiting room is small and the whole building was hot which was like putting sticky clothes back on was not fun. The reception staff have no patience, but the physicians are lovely. After getting up at 4:30am to set off to London, the whole thing only took about an hour. My dad drove us down here so I found him in a pub round the corner called the ####### and Lion. Good food and drink and the Belgian barman was really friendly. Would recommend! 

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your medicals and the remaining process :) 

Emily x

Hi, I went to get my ‘medical summary’ from my doctor today ready for my medical at Knightsbridge. It is just a two page printout. My doctors were not very forthcoming and didn’t seem keen to provide much else. Do you mind me asking how comprehensive/detailed your summary was? Have you heard yet whether you’ve passed the medical? I hope so.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Hi, I went to get my ‘medical summary’ from my doctor today ready for my medical at Knightsbridge. It is just a two page printout. My doctors were not very forthcoming and didn’t seem keen to provide much else. Do you mind me asking how comprehensive/detailed your summary was? Have you heard yet whether you’ve passed the medical? I hope so.

Thanks

I think mine was around three pages and then one page for my vaccinations. It just had about a page of major incidents (like my broken leg, asthma as a child, depression etc) and then it had my most recent visits with any comments from the nurse/doctor and I think any previous visits that tie in with any of the major incidents. It wasn't that comprehensive at all. Its the vaccinations and major incidents they care most about.

I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm hoping no news is good news! My interview is thursday so I’m phoning knightsbridge on wednesday to confirm they have sent it. 

When is your medical?

Timeline

Hi Emily, thanks for the reply, I feel a little better now. my medical is Wednesday 18th and my Embassy interview is May 1st. 

Ill think about you on Thursday 🙏 please let me know how it goes. I’m sure it will be fine ...

having said that I’ll sure be glad when it’s all over 😔

Good luck

Has your status changed to READY from IN TRANSIT on the NVC website? That might confirm that your medical is received and ok

Edited by Pat Stubbs

On 09/04/2018 at 9:58 PM, Pat Stubbs said:

Hi Emily, thanks for the reply, I feel a little better now. my medical is Wednesday 18th and my Embassy interview is May 1st. 

Ill think about you on Thursday 🙏 please let me know how it goes. I’m sure it will be fine ...

having said that I’ll sure be glad when it’s all over 😔

Good luck

Has your status changed to READY from IN TRANSIT on the NVC website? That might confirm that your medical is received and ok

I didnt know I could check on CEAC for that! Well I forgot to call them yesterday so I’m just going to turn up at the embassy and hope for the best :) my interview is in less than 2 hours 😫

Timeline
12 minutes ago, emylady said:

I didnt know I could check on CEAC for that! Well I forgot to call them yesterday so I’m just going to turn up at the embassy and hope for the best :) my interview is in less than 2 hours 😫

Good Luck....hope it goes well. Let me know x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.